Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be a lot less irritated if Walsh had the speed to run with Daicos and if McGovern didn't get the blue shakes in the shot after the siren.
8 points just blown right there in the most Carlton way possible.
I mean you'd be comfortably in the 8 with a top 4 chance if it hadn't been for Collingwood doing a number on you both times again. Must be frustrating to think about.
Carlton supporters may reflect on 2024 in 15 or 20 years and think that year was 'the one that got away'...

You'd be a lot less irritated if Walsh had the speed to run with Daicos and if McGovern didn't get the blue shakes in the shot after the siren.
8 points just blown right there in the most Carlton way possible.
I mean you'd be comfortably in the 8 with a top 4 chance if it hadn't been for Collingwood doing a number on you both times again. Must be frustrating to think about.

Not really. Thatā€™s life.

Carlton supporters may reflect on 2024 in 15 or 20 years and think that year was 'the one that got away'...
It really is such a blown opportunity for the Blues. Flag is wide open. It just needs a team to stand up and take it.

No. 17 was there for the taking for the blues... Right there for the taking.....it was right in front of them .... they just had to stay on their feet like Bradbury and no.17 was theirs...
But alas. They Carltoned it!

It really is such a blown opportunity for the Blues. Flag is wide open. It just needs a team to stand up and take it.

No. 17 was there for the taking for the blues... Right there for the taking.....it was right in front of them .... they just had to stay on their feet like Bradbury and no.17 was theirs...
GUsD3YeacAA0tAy.jpeg

I've been thinking how frustrating it is given the year is so open.

However, been thinking that next year might be just as open? Can't see anyone taking on a Geelong/Hawthorn/Richmond type dominance - reckon there'll be 10 pretty evenly matched teams again.

However, been thinking that next year might be just as open? Can't see anyone taking on a Geelong/Hawthorn/Richmond type dominance - reckon there'll be 10 pretty evenly matched teams again.
Brisbane.

They will be absolutely primed in 2025. Full year from Ashcroft, Coleman back with a couple of their tall defenders.

Port Adelaide won't be any worse either. JHF, Butters, Rozee, Georgiades all a year older.

Strikes me as a very good leader, Cripps (assuming that was his statement).

Pity he hasn't got the support from the rest of his list. I mean, who else at Carlton strikes you as a genuine, natural leader?

Docherty? (Who we may have seen the last of)

Who else?

Walsh was. Captain of every team he played for and every school he went to - was college captain for st joeys which is usually reserved a nerd. Loved big games, was in leadership group pretty quick and now co-vice captain I think. Has oozed 'me-me-me' the last 2 years though.

What's wrong with posting that?

Why does it indicate an Obsession with your captain?

Previous Cripps avatar along with other constant Cripps denigration. Seems like a weird one to target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm a bit annoyed we didn't decide to show up this year. Best chance of a back to back you could ask for.
Hate to say it but I think we could already be at the start of another Hawks dynasty.

Brisbane.

They will be absolutely primed in 2025. Full year from Ashcroft, Coleman back with a couple of their tall defenders.

Port Adelaide won't be any worse either. JHF, Butters, Rozee, Georgiades all a year older.

They'll have a new coach unless they make the GF you'd think.

Yeah I'm a bit annoyed we didn't decide to show up this year. Best chance of a back to back you could ask for.
Hate to say it but I think we could already be at the start of another Hawks dynasty.

Nah, think they've caught teams on the hop a bit this year & are a bunch of young blokes playing on adrenaline. Opposition will go to work on them next year, they'll be good but don't think their time has arrived yet.

Walsh was. Captain of every team he played for and every school he went to - was college captain for st joeys which is usually reserved a nerd. Loved big games, was in leadership group pretty quick and now co-vice captain I think. Has oozed 'me-me-me' the last 2 years though.
Interesting. Hopefully he can return to that level once he recovers from the obvious injury issues he's dealing with.
Previous Cripps avatar along with other constant Cripps denigration. Seems like a weird one to target.
Hmm, can't say I've noticed 'constant denigration'. Maybe it pales into insignificance when compared to the 'constant denigration' of Daicos we see from certain Carlton supporters...

Cripps is pretty much universally admired. Walsh is not close to being in the same category.
Can't say I've noticed many people denigrate Cripps.

These guys are confusing themselves flitting between the 60's, 70's, 80's and the current era.

Admittedly the 21st Century would be one big blur for them, as it's been one constant steaming pile of šŸ’©
Cleansweep17 is a Richmond supporter. To be fair weā€™d like it to still be 2020 if we supported them

McGuire resigned from Collingwood a mere 20 days after Biden became President

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back