Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your team has been the most disappointing underachieving sack of cream puffs and this year is no exception.

Carlton's green shoots will appear eventually. When did Brendan Bolton say that again, seems like a while ago?

Poor Blues fans have become numb to the disappointment. Every season is just another season down the drain for the old baggers.

Carlton's green shoots will appear eventually. When did Brendan Bolton say that again, seems like a while ago?

Poor Blues fans have become numb to the disappointment. Every season is just another season down the drain for the old baggers.
I think he said way back when grandpa Fages still had a bit of colour other than grey on his cranium.

Another botched year for the paddle pops. Spudded last year’s GF and got stage fright yesterday to squander top 4. I’m sure officer Doofie will put in a good show, alongside Country flat road and get the brions to a semi and then bow out.

Geez, the Dees and even the Cats plucked a premiership. Shame when the AFL presented it to you on the platter in Queensland your mob pissed the bed.

I think he said way back when grandpa Fages still had a bit of colour other than grey on his cranium.

Another botched year for the paddle pops. Spudded last year’s GF and got stage fright yesterday to squander top 4. I’m sure officer Doofie will put in a good show, alongside Country flat road and get the brions to a semi and then bow out.

Geez, the Dees and even the Cats plucked a premiership. Shame when the AFL presented it to you on the platter in Queensland your mob pissed the bed.

This routine works when your team is doing well year after year. Not when they’re struggling to make the 8 and choked a 5 goal lead in a prelim.

I’ve always felt sorry for the Blues who started their rebuild at the same time as the lions. Lions fans have enjoyed a fabulous 5 years of H&A seasons, top 4s and grand final appearances while the old baggers have been playing at their capacity and struggling to make finals.

Is there anything the lions can do to help the blues along?

This routine works when your team is doing well year after year. Not when they’re struggling to make the 8 and choked a 5 goal lead in a prelim.

I’ve always felt sorry for the Blues who started their rebuild at the same time as the lions. Lions fans have enjoyed a fabulous 5 years of H&A seasons, top 4s and grand final appearances while the old baggers have been playing at their capacity and struggling to make finals.

Giving the rianoing premiers a bit of hope by choking it up yesterday was good fun

made Carlton driving the nail into COllingwood's coffin today even betta.

t@ and fanks.

The Brions had their chance to do something useful last year but they $hat the bed. Ditto yesterday. May those fabulous fruitless years continue. Blessed be thy Marcus Ashcroft for giving some hope through his progeny. But I’m sure it’ll all yield nothingness like those five fabulous years that you’ve experienced.

The Brions had their chance to do something useful last year but they $hat the bed. Ditto yesterday. May those fabulous fruitless years continue. Blessed be thy Marcus Ashcroft for giving some hope through his progeny. But I’m sure it’ll all yield nothingness like those five fabulous years that you’ve experienced.

Ohhh you fall into the category of one of my favourite supporter types - ‘if you’re not first you may as well be last’.

Technically the old baggers have been great success then!

Ohhh you fall into the category of one of my favourite supporter types - ‘if you’re not first you may as well be last’.

Technically the old baggers have been great success then!
Ohhhhhh you fall into the category of my facourite supporter types - we have been up there, around the mark, but can’t seal the deal.

Yes, you know ultimately that’s fantastic if you can take advantage of the opportunity. Should be around semi finals for the Lions this time around, and then who knows, we might even watch together to see Kenny Hinkley go all the way, leaving poor old Grandpa as the last remaining coach of the “we’re always around the mark but never good enough to win it” team.

Need the advice of blues fans in here.

We got a table tennis table for the house this weekend, had some mates around, and spent all day playing.

I came up against my housemate twice and both times he beat me.

How do I convince myself I was better than him today?

We got a table tennis table for the house this weekend, had some mates around, and spent all day playing.

Maybe if you were in say a league with 17 mates and they each play 23 games or something. And then at the end of the 23 games they have this thing where they rank each team from best to worse like a ladder based on all of the results rather than just 9% of games.

Maybe if you were in say a league with 17 mates and they each play 23 games or something. And then at the end of the 23 games they have this thing where they rank each team from best to worse like a ladder based on all of the results rather than 9% of games.
Oh ok, so then I could say I'm a better table tennis player than the guy who beat me everytime I played him today

Can't wait to let him know

It all depends on what the competition you were playing doesn't it was it a round robin total games played or was it mano V toofless mano? - but then again you'd have to be able to count past the number 2 - which looks like a stretch to you wobblers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends on what the competition you were playing doesn't it was it a round robin total games played or was it mano V toofless mano? - but then again you'd have to be able to count past the number 2 - which looks like a stretch to you wobblers.
Hmmm this seems a little reactive, I was just asking for some friendly advice.

It seems almost like someone trying to deflect because they have nothing else.

Wouldn't even call it statistics - just logic. Anyway, my fault for getting stuck in this conversation again. Just going around in circles again
Ok great, so my housemate beat me twice today at table tennis.

So logically I was a better player than him today.

Blues are deeply feared at the G in September.
Currently have the longest unbroken winning streak of finals at the G.

Have won the last 5 finals at the G and not lost a final there since 2001.

Hawks revenge in the elimination final where we’ll see how excitable kids go against a battle hardened finals outfit with a point to prove.

Carlton officially had the better season. Lost the head to head 0-2, but will finish the season ahead having taken full advantage of two extra games against the easy beats of the competition.

Actually, it's depressing to look at how many games the teams 4pts+% ahead of us had against Rich/North/WC this year vs. us. Guess which was the only team not to play any of them twice (while the rest played at least one but mostly two of them twice...)?

FIXture... pies shafted again.

so you believe richmond have had a better year than Sydney?

Sniff sniff sniff.:laughv1:

Of course the Pies have been disappointing for a team that has played in more than one third of all Grand Finals played.

Anything less than a top 4 finish is a below par result for that Powerhouse of a Football Club.

Meanwhile, Carlton supporters are doing cartwheels after a 3 year Dynasty of contending for the Top 8, and still being a fighting chance of sneaking into 8th going into the final round of the season.

Looking forward to the DVD Box Set.
Calling a club that's only won three flags in the last almost seventy years a powerhouse yet again! :laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back