Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

haha. literally nothing to do Collingwood not making finals so having to talk about Melbourne. 'Flex', how old are you? Come on now.

Yeah they want out so bad that Oliver and Petracca are signed up long term and Viney will stay. Neil Mullen loves the club, that's obvious. Educate yourself.
Tracc wants to come to the Pies. He knows The Melbourne Football Club is a:

images (4).jpeg

Carlton defeated a few teams that Collingwood couldn't, it's as simple as that, enjoy the Royal Melbourne Show in September.
Once again Carlton supporters getting a little bit ahead of themselves, this has never turned out badly has it? You may be enjoying the Royal Melbourne Show with us at the end of next week...it's a coin flip. We'll save a Bertie Beetle showbag for you. ;)

Once again Carlton supporters getting a little bit ahead of themselves, this has never turned out badly has it? You may be enjoying the Royal Melbourne Show with us at the end of next week...it's a coin flip. We'll save a Bertie Beetle showbag for you. ;)
I live for the now mate and say what i mightn't be able to say next week.

Well then, please feel free to point out any clear errors or non-facts that I have presented in my analysis in answering the question at hand.
You're joking aren't you?

What you get is exactly how they operate.

'You're an ignorant, inaccurate troll!'

'Feel free to correct me if I am wrong....'

<crickets>

I heard they’re appointing Fly’s puffer jacket to replace Wrighty

Craig Kelly is currently brainstorming derogatory names that he can call it.

Like both North and Richmond the second time 'round...
Are you still here mate? I thought you would've taken advantage of the early spring travel specials and be in Frankstone by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'll try to explain the ladder and how it isn't always what it appears to be.

As we all know, ladder positions can often be misleading as the sole definition of which teams are better than others. It can be more of a reflection of a teams draw and ability at any moment in time during the season to score more than the opposition. How often throughout the years do we see teams finish in the Top 4 and then crash out of finals or teams outside the top 4 make a PF or GF, which teams are better in this situation. The Cats will probably finish the season in 4th and Lions in 5th, are the Cats a better team than the Lions? If these two teams played next week would we not favour the Lions as a better team?

For us in 2023 we finished on top with Brisbane 2nd, only just. Brisbane beat us twice in the H&A last year but we beat them in the GF. Before the finals series began an argument could be made to say that Brisbane were a better team than us and this would be a valid statement to make.

This season it can't be denied that Carlton were gifted 5 games against the clear bottom 3 teams when we were given 3 (even though both clubs finished top 6 last year Carlton are given 2 extra wins effectively) and that Collingwood defeated Carlton twice this season. This cannot be overlooked when making a deeper assessment of the "better team" for season 2024 given most likely 1 game will seperate the two sides at seasons end, maybe 0, maybe 2 at most.

So, it should be clear and obvious to those with deeper cerebral thought patterns that once again the might of the Collingwood Football Club has been superior to that of the other team in this discussion for season 2024.

Carlton beat Collingwood in Rd 20 2023. So therefore the ladder is misleading and Carlton was better. In your GF year as well, so we are even bettererer. Because ladder is misleading.

Pies put it into neutral in Sir Scott's 400th, 5 goals up early in Q4.

They had done enough and cruised to the line, saving themselves for next week.
Now we're Colliwobbling into subjective appraisals?

I suppose a good team would have sealed it earlier, not relying on one wayward kick to give them the win.

The squirming is getting more strenuous.

The video is coming out this week:

AFL Season 2024: Buckets of Pies Cope

Like both North and Richmond the second time 'round...
Double ups by 2023 ladder position.

Carlton double ups: Collingwood (1st), Geelong (12th - top 4 in 2024), GWS (7th - 3rd in 2024), North (17th), Port (3rd - 2nd in 2024), Richmond (13th).

Collingwood double ups: Brisbane (2nd), Carlton (5th), Bombers (11th), Hawthorn (16th), Melbourne (4th -12th in 2024), Sydney (8th - 1st in 2024).

You’ve played double ups against only one side good enough to finish inside the top 4 this year. We have had double ups against three of the top 4 this year.

It’s clear how much easier Collingwood’s double up fixtures this year has been compared to ours and the sad thing is that you finished 1st last year and were gifted that draw. And what do you do with it? You don’t make the finals. 😂

Last edited:

Carlton double ups: Collingwood (1st), Geelong (12th - top 4 in 2024), GWS (7th - 3rd in 2024), North (17th), Port (3rd - 2nd in 2024), Richmond (13th).

Collingwood double ups: Brisbane (2nd), Carlton (5th), Bombers (11th), Hawthorn (16th), Melbourne (4th -12th in 2024), Sydney (8th - 1st in 2024).

You’ve played double ups against only one side good enough to finish inside the top 4 this year. We have had double ups against three of the top 4 this year.

It’s clear how much easier Collingwood’s double up fixtures this year has been compared to ours and the sad thing is that you finished 1st last year and were gifted that draw. And what do you do with it? You don’t make the finals. 😂
'It's clear'?

Based on the data you've provided above?

Notwithstanding the premise 'it's not who you play, it's when you play them...'

Pies have had the easier draw and played at home the last half of the season, the AFL has to stop propping them up.

Who cares how a team performed in 2023 when assessing how strong they are in 2024?

Crazy approach.

Top4 isnt decided yet!?

There is little difference between Geelong currently (4th) and Brisbane currently (5th), again trying to group by ladder position ia a nonsense approach that adds no value.

Getting Geelong twice v Brisbane twice isn't the same as getting Richmond twice or Melbourne twice.

Avg out the % of double ups, or use avg/total wins to get a decent reflection of respective difficulty of return fixtures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back