Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on, don't downplay Carlton's win on the weekend.

We've previously established that win is amongst their top 10 wins since the turn of the century - a backs to the wall win against the 16th placed team who had nothing to play for, to keep Carlton's finals hopes alive going into the last game of the season.

Inspiring stuff!

SEN had it as the most important win of the round apparently!!!

So 16th placed Hawks were better than the premiers last year because they beat them in their only matchup?
Lions were better than Pies last year for beating them 2 out of 3 times? Winning by a combined 57 points and losing one by 4 points.
That's the logic you want to run with?

I would have thought "who's better" is a fairly simple formula.
Whoever finishes higher on the ladder.
First qualifier is total premiership points. If both teams finish on the same number of points, total wins becomes the deciding factor.
If both teams finish on the same number of wins, then head to head becomes the decider. If the head to head is split, then season percentage is the decider.

Well the first qualifier would be the premiers are clearly better than everyone, so last year no, no one was better than Collingwood.

But when the 2 teams end up equal on points in 9th and 10th, you can claim a small victory whilst anyone with an IQ above 50 would say the team who won both head to head matches was clearly better.

When the difference is only %, Carlton’s easy draw doesn’t make them the better team.

If only you would judge yourself that way !
More than happy for you or anyone else for that matter, to call me out if I'm ever being inconsistent or hypocritical.

I've been very consistent in my views about Carlton - they have not had the list to genuinely contend for a premiership in the 17 years that I've been on BigFooty...

And I've been right every time.

Back from being suspended. Looks like I haven't missed anything.
Carlton still in the top 8
Collingwood still in Mexicola

Collingwood supporters still clinging to hope. Have had to resort to SEN radio to listen to the constant whinging about fixture inequalities. Don't think the Pies could be gifted a better draw if the AFL tried. I mean it's not as if they ever play at Kardinia Park, or Carlton at Marvel Stadium. We all know how well the dirty birds play at that place. Stop your whinging and suck it up.
I hear it's 100F down in Cancun at the moment.
Andale Andale yeah ha !

Back from being suspended. Looks like I haven't missed anything.
Carlton still in the top 8
Collingwood still in Mexicola

Collingwood supporters still clinging to hope. Have had to resort to SEN radio to listen to the constant whinging about fixture inequalities. Don't think the Pies could be gifted a better draw if the AFL tried. I mean it's not as if they ever play at Kardinia Park, or Carlton at Marvel Stadium. We all know how well the dirty birds play at that place. Stop your whinging and suck it up.
I hear it's 100F down in Cancun at the moment.
Andale Andale yeah ha !
Where's your buddy Arrow?

Think you'll Find it was Sydney that ended our season. Carlton gave us 8 points remember?
Think you'll find that if Carlton had lost, then Pies chances would still be very good. But Carlton SNUFFED out that chance yesterday with the VFL team doing a number on the Eagles.
Talk back radio was gold today. Lots of hankies were required

Well the first qualifier would be the premiers are clearly better than everyone, so last year no, no one was better than Collingwood.

But when the 2 teams end up equal on points in 9th and 10th, you can claim a small victory whilst anyone with an IQ above 50 would say the team who won both head to head matches was clearly better.

When the difference is only %, Carlton’s easy draw doesn’t make them the better team.
Well, we currently aren't on the same points, so the head to head plays no part yet.

If we do end up on the same points by the end of next week, anyone with an IQ above 5 (not Collingwood supporters) would say the team with more wins is the better team. Doesn't matter whether it's marginal.

Easy draw... cute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By beating 16th placed West Coast as underdogs.

👏 👏 👏
Funny thing is , not one of you gave Carlton a chance I'm tipping. You all probably got your party bag of twisties ready to sit down at 4.40pm ready for a Blue drubbing, only to turn off the TV by 5.30 with disappointment and sadness that reality had kicked in about not being part of the September action apart from watching a pies player trying to kick a footy over the Yarra River for giggles on GF morning.

Funny thing is , not one of you gave Carlton a chance I'm tipping. You all probably got your party bag of twisties ready to sit down at 4.40pm ready for a Blue drubbing, only to turn off the TV by 5.30 with disappointment and sadness that reality had kicked in about not being part of the September action apart from watching a pies player trying to kick a footy over the Yarra River for giggles on GF morning.
Buddy, you were playing a West Coast team with absolutely nothing to play for.

But well done on one of your top 10 wins in over two decades.

👏 👏 👏

Well, we currently aren't on the same points, so the head to head plays no part yet.

If we do end up on the same points by the end of next week, anyone with an IQ above 5 (not Collingwood supporters) would say the team with more wins is the better team. Doesn't matter whether it's marginal.

Easy draw... cute.
Of course.

The smart people would say 'Carlton have one more win and two fewer draws, so obviously they're better'.

Whilst the dumb dumbs would say 'Collingwood won both their head to head games, so obviously they're better'.

Oh my.

Think you'll find that if Carlton had lost, then Pies chances would still be very good. But Carlton SNUFFED out that chance yesterday with the VFL team doing a number on the Eagles.
Talk back radio was gold today. Lots of hankies were required
Welcome back Worm. What did you and Arrow do to get suspended for a week after the Hawthorn game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back