Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong
2022 finished 1st, and were premier
2023 finished 12th
2024 back in top4

It really shouldnt be that hard to check a random thought.

Yep, beating Carlton twice tends to back that up.

Bagger fans, clinging to four wins against the two rabble clubs as evidence as to why they are better...hilarious.
Essendon is better than the Pies by your thinking then.

2d540c5e6d8561e11e0432cce292a503

LOL. Pendles worst game for Collingwood > Martyn's game for Carlton.
Not sure that he ever had a “best” game.

So what is the Pies 2024 slide?

Our best ladder position at the end of any round was 3rd.

Suns were 1st at end of opening round
Melbourne and Essendon were 2nd earlier in the season

If Pies finish above them, they have had bigger slides than the Pies in 2024 too.

And cant forget the most impactful slide of em all, the Blueshake going from 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd after rd16 to (potentially missing the 8).

It is clear Bagger fans dont understand how the ladder works
Pies finished first last season and now 10th, you must be the king of spin amongst the Pie supporters.

Morning.

My truthful posts must have hit a nerve with some weak Pies supporters.

Baggers don't hurt their feelings as they are very aware of the report function.

Blake Shelton Button GIF by The Voice
It's a banter thread. Going rabid is not fun.

Chill.

Pies finished first last season and now 10th, you must be the king of spin amongst the Pie supporters.
Just trying to keep up with the inane posting of your fellow Bagger 'Bert.

He decided he was only talking about 2024 slides, so 2023 aint relevant.

Gold Coast finished opening Rd in 1st, and have slid to 14th...technically the biggest slide of 2024.

Most impactful slide of 2024, clearly would be the Blueshakes going from 2nd at R16 to potentially missing finals!

Collingwood's last 7 years:
2018 - 3rd (Grand Final loss)
2019 - 4th (Preliminary Final loss)
2020 - 8th (Semi Final loss)
2021 - 17th
2022 - 4th (Preliminary Final loss)
2023 - 1st (Premiership)
2024 - 10th?

2 x large falls, 1 x moderate fall

Carlton's last 7 years:
2018 - 18th
2019 - 16th
2020 - 11th
2021 - 13th
2022 - 9th
2023 - 5th
2024 - 8th or 9th

2 x minor falls

Based on the above, Carlton have clearly been the better performed team than Collingwood over the past 7 seasons, as their season to season falls haven't been as regular or significant.

So what is the Pies 2024 slide?

Our best ladder position at the end of any round was 3rd.

Suns were 1st at end of opening round
Melbourne and Essendon were 2nd earlier in the season

If Pies finish above them, they have had bigger slides than the Pies in 2024 too.

And cant forget the most impactful slide of em all, the Blueshake going from 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd after rd16 to (potentially missing the 8).

It is clear Bagger fans dont understand how the ladder works
From premiers to 10th (currently)...tell me a team that has slid more than the wobbles?

Essendon is better than the Pies by your thinking then.
Yes, already been through that.

Pies played Essendon twice and both times couldn't beat em.

If we were better than Essendon, we would have won those games and be gearing up for another finals attack.

But we weren't better than Essendon in 2024.

2021 - 17th
2023 - 1st (Premiership)
2024 - 10th?

Carlton's last 7 years:
2018 - 18th
2019 - 16th
2020 - 11th
2021 - 13th
2022 - 9th
2023 - 5th
2024 - 8th or 9th

2 x minor falls

Based on the above, Carlton have clearly been the better performed team than Collingwood over the past 7 seasons, as their season to season falls haven't been as regular or significant.
Only winning 1 spoon over that 7 years is impressive from Carlton.

2021 - 17th
2023 - 1st (Premiership)
2024 - 10th?

Carlton's last 7 years:
2018 - 18th
2019 - 16th
2020 - 11th
2021 - 13th
2022 - 9th
2023 - 5th
2024 - 8th or 9th

2 x minor falls

Deflection again mate, i simply said Pies who finished first last year and now sit 10th is the biggest fall, seems you kids are having trouble dealing with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From premiers to 10th (currently)...tell me a team that has slid more than the wobbles?
So you aren't only talking about 2024 slides.

And another sick burn, a better performed team last year can slide more than a dud team. Pretty obvious stuff.

Much better to go the Carlton approach, and never finish top4, so the slides arent big...bravo Baggers.

So you aren't only talking about 2024 slides.

And another sick burn, a better performed team last year can slide more than a dud team. Pretty obvious stuff.

Much better to go the Carlton approach, and never finish top4, so the slides arent big...bravo Baggers.
Refer to my above post where I've outlined exactly this.

Though apparently I'm 'deflecting', by putting some context around their infantile comments.

And I'm putting that 'biggest fall' into context.

Seems you're having trouble dealing with that.
I didn't need context mate, it is what it is, the biggest fall of 2024 so far but maybe you win by a 100pts and Carlton lose by a 100pts.

Expecting Carlton to finish above Collingwood after this round. Carlton might be no good, but boy oh boy, that leaves Collingwood swimming in shit in my opinion.
Be more positive Worm ffs! This defeatist Carlton attitude is so boring. Get your hopes up!

If Carlton do make the 8 they are a chance. Weirdest season ever. Everyone keeps shitting the bed. If Curnow decides to show up for finals (for once), you are a chance! Get excited!

Where would 'Carlton finishing above Collingwood in 2024' rank amongst Carlton's greatest achievements this century?

Top 5?
Fantastic achievement considering the plethora or injuries Carlton have had .
Top 5 ? Yeah, why not ( I'm laughing in case you don't notice so it's not a serious post in case you wish to quote me moving forward)

Gotta love Fadge

He doesn’t bat an eyelid whilst he has most of your Blueboys heads spinning at a rate of knots!

I don’t think he’s doing that at all. Shit gets heated in here at times, but at the end of the day it’s just a forum. Not that deep.

Be more positive Worm ffs! This defeatist Carlton attitude is so boring. Get your hopes up!
Just have to be patient and wait until October for the crusty old Baggers to get excited again.

That is the next year is our year phase, the best time of the year to be a Bagger.

Worst time to be a bagger is usually August, or anytime they have just finished playing Collingwood.

I didn't need context mate, it is what it is, the biggest fall of 2024 so far but maybe you win by a 100pts and Carlton lose by a 100pts.
Regardless, it would still be a 'big fall'.

But that's the risk you take when you contend for premierships. Unfortunately, a team can't expect to contend for premierships every single year (though we give it a good shake).

Last edited:
Fantastic achievement considering the plethora or injuries Carlton have had .
Top 5 ? Yeah, why not ( I'm laughing in case you don't notice so it's not a serious post in case you wish to quote me moving forward)
I wasn't joking, I was being serious.

2024 has been an outstanding season for Carlton.

They finished above Collingwood on the ladder AND contended for finals for the 3rd consecutive season.

Maybe I was understating their season when I suggested top 5 of the 21st century. It could indeed be #2, only after their outstanding semi-final win in 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back