Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't joking, I was being serious.

2024 has been an outstanding season for Carlton.

They finished above Collingwood on the ladder AND contended for finals for the 3rd consecutive season.

Maybe I was understating their season when I suggested top 5 of the 21st century. It could indeed be #2, only after their outstanding semi-final win in 2023!
Considering you had them pegged for 16th , YOU would consider it a marvellous achievement

Just have to be patient and wait until October for the crusty old Baggers to get excited again.

That is the next year is our year phase, the best time of the year to be a Bagger.

Worst time to be a bagger is usually August, or anytime they have just finished playing Collingwood.
It's more fun when they have their hopes up. I'm talking them up from now on.

They all seem to have conceded this year already. It's crazy because this season is weird. Anything can happen. Blues supporters need to start believing. It's much better that way🤣.

Carlton showed last year that they can be the real deal in finals. If it wasn't for a second half fade out against Brisbane in the prelim they'd be reigning premiers.

They have a simple game plan that stacks up in finals.

This year they've shown that their best is as good as anyone's and they can beat anyone on their day.

They have the best spine in the comp. Best key forwards, Best key Backman, Cripps is a beast. Owies kicks more goals than Elliot and Bobby Hill and is a real energizer with his cool celebrations. Troops will be returning from injury. So many positives.

START BELIEVING!

Carlton showed last year that they can be the real deal in finals. If it wasn't for a second half fade out against Brisbane in the prelim they'd be reigning premiers.

They have a simple game plan that stacks up in finals.

This year they've shown that their best is as good as anyone's and they can beat anyone on their day.

They have the best spine in the comp. Best key forwards, Best key Backman, Cripps is a beast. Owies kicks more goals than Elliot and Bobby Hill and is a real energizer with his cool celebrations. Troops will be returning from injury. So many positives.

START BELIEVING!
You forgot about their reigning Gary Ayres Medallist.

Stars everywhere!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless, it would still be a 'big fall'.

But that's the risk you take when you contend for premierships. Unfortunately, a team can't expect to contend for premierships every single year (though we give it a good shake).
Fair call mate, Pies have given their supporters good value.

We know...as does everyone else that isn't a pies supporter.
Sarcastic Oh No GIF by Saturday Night Live

You forgot about their reigning Gary Ayres Medallist.

Stars everywhere!
Oh yeah how could I forget Sammy the Seagull. He's a real weapon for them. His inside 50 kicking gives them that chaos ball game. Defenders never know where it's going when Sammy's kicking inside 50.

And don't forget Saad. The team feeds off the crowds energy when he does a 20m sideways kick...Woof!

I reckon they are a real chance. Not just a smokey.

Is 1980 the 80s or 70s?
A Richmond side with a shit ton of moustaches won a flag with a bone jarring display. Sounds like the 70s to me.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but we count centuries this way: 20th century is 1901 to 2000 (that's the twentieth hundred since the maybe birth of Jesus).

Oh yeah how could I forget Sammy the Seagull. He's a real weapon for them. His inside 50 kicking gives them that chaos ball game. Defenders never know where it's going when Sammy's kicking inside 50.

And don't forget Saad. The team feeds off the crowds energy when he does a 20m sideways kick...Woof!

I reckon they are a real chance. Not just a smokey.

Imagine taking a pot shot at a player who has had lots of injuries in his career and always comes back in top shape and is a respectable person. I would rather have that player and person than be like your supporters who have turned shit bloke JDG into a club icon who comes back from injury overweight.

Stay in your lane.

Imagine taking a pot shot at a player who has had lots of injuries in his career and always comes back in top shape and is a respectable person. I would rather have that player and person than be like your supporters who have turned shit bloke JDG into a club icon who comes back from injury overweight.

Stay in your lane.
Sammy Walsh is Carlton's Paul Licuria, Lica a fan fav but didnt have the skills to hurt opposition

DeGoey is like Swan, offensive weapons who delivered premierships, despite some thinking they are shit blokes off-field.

Carlton need some more shit blokes.

Stay in your lane.
I'm talking your team and it's players up!! I'm finding the positives when all you Carlton "supporters" are doom and gloom.
I'm saying Carlton are a real chance this year and explaining why.

But still you're not happy🤷.

Sammy Walsh is Carlton's Paul Licuria, Lica a fan fav but didnt have the skills to hurt opposition

DeGoey is like Swan, offensive weapons who delivered premierships, despite some thinking they are shit blokes off-field.

Not that shit mate. No thank you.

I'm talking your team and it's players up!! I'm finding the positives when all you Carlton "supporters" are doom and gloom.
I'm saying Carlton are a real chance this year and explaining why.

But still you're not happy🤷.

If only you were being sincere. 😂

Sad to say but the best players in history have mostly been really shit blokes, need to have the psychological profile of a sociopath to be any good at this game

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back