Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If only you were being sincere. 😂
Actually I am sincere about Carlton's spine, and Cripps. Just trying to find the positives in the rest of it. You guys seem a bit depressed so I'm trying to help.

I am also sincere about you being a genuine chance this year if you make the 8. If ever there's a year a team can win the flag from 8th place it's this year. You Carlton supporters need to start believing!

A Richmond side with a shit ton of moustaches won a flag with a bone jarring display. Sounds like the 70s to me.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but we count centuries this way: 20th century is 1901 to 2000 (that's the twentieth hundred since the maybe birth of Jesus).

We are just counting decades dude not matter how you want to label it. Pies haven’t one more than 3 flags in the last 7 decades (which includes this decade the 20s)

Sam Walsh score involvements in 2024:
R5-R16: 7.9 per game
R17-R23: 4.9 per game
Overall: 6.7 per game

#1 player for this stat in 2024 is Bontempelli with 8.3 per game. Walsh was tracking to be around that mark until his form dropped off - probably due to the fact that he had a disrupted pre-season + team dropping off. To call him not damaging off a poor patch of form is ridiculous.

Even worse when you consider that despite that poor patch of form he is still top 10 in the AFL for coaches votes/game. Doesn't hurt the opposition and yet the coaches are giving him votes consistently?

Actually I am sincere about Carlton's spine, and Cripps. Just trying to find the positives in the rest of it. You guys seem a bit depressed so I'm trying to help.

I am also sincere about you being a genuine chance this year if you make the 8. If ever there's a year a team can win the flag from 8th place it's this year. You Carlton supporters need to start believing!

The last 6-8 weeks have been a spirit destroyer.

Hopefully the guillotine will be dropped on the Pies later on. Don't leave us down Melbourne you cheeseboard eating toffs!:laughv1:

Unless we believe Collingwood can win by 100 points just to get into the 8 after tonight (let alone the end of the round), finals is not on the cards for Collingwood. :p

Unless we believe Collingwood can win by 100 points just to get into the 8 after tonight (let alone the end of the round), finals is not on the cards for Collingwood. :p
Yeah i just want the stake driven through their hearts to make sure that they're dead. :laughv1:

Last edited:
We are just counting decades dude not matter how you want to label it. Pies haven’t one more than 3 flags in the last 7 decades (which includes this decade the 20s)
Assuming Collingwood don't win it in 2024, you've included 5 seasons that haven't been played yet?

Why don't you just round it up to 10 decades, and include the 2030's, 2040's and 2050's?

Because that would be equally as ridiculous an assertion as you're currently making...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Walsh score involvements in 2024:
R5-R16: 7.9 per game
R17-R23: 4.9 per game
Overall: 6.7 per game

#1 player for this stat in 2024 is Bontempelli with 8.3 per game. Walsh was tracking to be around that mark until his form dropped off - probably due to the fact that he had a disrupted pre-season + team dropping off. To call him not damaging off a poor patch of form is ridiculous.

Even worse when you consider that despite that poor patch of form he is still top 10 in the AFL for coaches votes/game. Doesn't hurt the opposition and yet the coaches are giving him votes consistently?
Yep, OK.

Sam Walsh is going beautifully.

Just like the Carlton Football Club, who have now contended for finals for 3 consecutive seasons!

Assuming Collingwood don't win it in 2024, you've included 5 seasons that haven't been played yet?

Why don't you just round it up to 10 decades, and include the 2030's, 2040's and 2050's?

Because that would be equally as ridiculous an assertion as you're currently making...
Your year will be over in a couple of hours. The clock is ticking tick tock tick tock.:laughv1:

Yep, OK.

Just like the Carlton Football Club, who have now contended for finals for 3 consecutive seasons!
Can you please not put words in my mouth. Not sure how many times I have had to request this from you but it's getting a bit tiring.

Yep, OK.

Being compared to Licuria is a complement.

Licca was an endurance beast who got the most out of himself, he won two Copeland's and his 40 disposal game in the 2002 QF was one of the best individual performances in a final.

But Licca wasn't the big powerful attacking midfielder who hit the scoreboard like Swan and DeGoey were able to.

That is what Carlton need.

I don't think Carlton supporters have any problem believing their team is premiership quality.

It's just an issue when that belief turns to reality based on actual results as a season unfolds...
True. They've learned the hard way over many decades not to get their hopes up after June. But they are wrong to be giving this year up already.
I'm just trying to put the hope back in them. I'm sure you understand the benefits. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back