Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's a choice between making finals and beating Collingwood, I'll take finals thanks.
You can have bragging rights over a few home and away games. The flag isn't won in rounds 8 and 21.
Nor is it won from 8th, after winning 2 of your last 8 games leading into finals.

We know, we've won flags this millennium.

Nor is it won from 8th, after winning 2 of your last 8 games leading into finals.

We know, we've won flags this millennium.

This is an even year as ever, if there's ever going to be a winner from outside the 4, this is the year to do it. The league is probably due for it, been a while.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brisbane or the Dogs won it, maybe even Hawks.

This is an even year as ever, if there's ever going to be a winner from outside the 4, this is the year to do it. The league is probably due for it, been a while.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brisbane or the Dogs won it, maybe even Hawks.
Brisbane, Hawks and Footscray are all in much better form than Carlton, and they're the teams outside the top 4.

Carlton should be 1000 to 1 to win the flag, so only a slightly better chance than Collingwood to win it.

Brisbane, Hawks and Footscray are all in much better form than Carlton, and they're the teams outside the top 4.

Carlton should be 1000 to 1 to win the flag, so only a slightly better chance than Collingwood to win it.

No shit, that's my point.

Your main shtick is 'its impossible to contend from outside the 4', now conveniently it's become 'its impossible to contend from 8th'.

Make up your mind.

The wobbles are no chance....hate to break it to ya!

No shit, that's my point.

Your main shtick is 'its impossible to contend from outside the 4', now conveniently it's become 'its impossible to contend from 8th'.

Make up your mind.
It's impossible to win one from 9th that's for sure.

I didn't say any of those teams were going to contend, just highlighting how far off the pace Carlton are.

Comprehension is important.

Lol, cool? Carlton are playing finals and your team isn't, but you're still here death-riding & talking Carlton to a bunch of strangers on an anonymous internet forum.

It's like observing a spoiled child who didn't get the Christmas present he wanted, so he's salty at his cousin who got a better one.

As I said, cop the L and move on.

If that were the thread title, it would be 'pretty basic stuff'.

But with the thread title being 'who will be better', allows us to reasonably consider all the data to make a determination as to the answer.

And after considering all the data for 2024, the answer is Collingwood, despite the 2024 version of Carlton's team being the best version since the turn of the century, and Collingwood's 2024 team being about the 16th best version since the turn of the century.
Any remanant of an argument you had left dissipated when Carlton made the 8. There is no world where a team that misses finals has had a better season than a team that made it. The whole aim of the H+A season is to make finals.

If the tables were flipped you would be laughing in our face right now if we made that argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, cool? Carlton are playing finals and your team isn't, but you're still here death-riding & talking Carlton to a bunch of strangers on an anonymous internet forum.

It's like observing a spoiled child who didn't get the Christmas present he wanted, so he's salty at his cousin who got a better one.

As I said, cop the L and move on.
Yeah you guys cop the L and move on pretty well most times. All the crap you've listed there is exactly what every other clubs supporters do on here including Carlton. Enjoy your elimination final, we sure are jealous of not scaling to those heights this year

Well we were objectively slightly better, but what a pointless shit fight. Neither club are gonna be premiers, although at least we have the shot.

Yeah you guys cop the L and move on pretty well most times. All the crap you've listed there is exactly what every other clubs supporters do on here including Carlton. Enjoy your elimination final, we sure are jealous of not scaling to those heights this year

The bloke picked Carlton to finish 16th (and St Kilda 4th lol), has posted daily all year about Carltons impending doom vs. Collingwoods imminent success. We've finished higher and whether we deserve it or not can be argued, but are playing finals where his team isn't. Yet is still all over the board reminding everyone Carlton are rubbish compared to Collingwood & every other club in the 8.

It's tired and lame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back