Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet, Collingwood had eight All Australians on our list last year, some multiple times and an All- Australian coach. Thanks so much for the high praise of our list. Make up your mind, you are confusing yourself.
8 AA players on your list last year, wow makes the falling off the cliff even bigger thus season

Your list is well and truly f**ked moving forward.

I don't know. Check out your multitude of Nick Daicos threads throughout the site, pies supporters wondering if Cripps would get votes or not to enhance Nick's chances of winning the brownlow medal, and then get back to me as to whether individual awards is a Carlton thing, coz I'm kinda getting the feeling that there will Pie outrage if Cripps or Neale win it again.
The melts on the collingwood board will be extreme to say the least
Cripps, Neale, Bont, Daicos. All will be worthy winners. Doubt there will be melts if Daicos doesn't get it.

In 3 decades, Carlton fans have only had individual player awards to celebrate. I get why you do it. There's literally nothing else!

So Carlton have again snuck their way into finals.
They really are the Willy Wonka golden ticket club of the AFL.
Needed Freo to fall down for them to limp in.
The best use of a Golden ticket since the Essendon drug saga, when they last used their free ticket.

Well Carlton have made finals and well done to them, though they do have something in common with Collingwood.

Both teams will be watching the GF from their couch.

Looking forward to this debate starting again for next year.

Cripps, Neale, Bont, Daicos. All will be worthy winners. Doubt there will be melts if Daicos doesn't get it.

In 3 decades, Carlton fans have only had individual player awards to celebrate. I get why you do it. There's literally nothing else!
Pretty sure every club, every supporter celebrate the own individuals winning awards each year.
Scenario - Collingwood win the flag , Nick wins the brownlow - are you like , pfft, lets not celebrate Nick winning the brownlow coz we won a flag ? Cmon !!

The best use of a Golden ticket since the Essendon drug saga, when they last used their free ticket.

Well Carlton have made finals and well done to them, though they do have something in common with Collingwood.

Carlton didn't sneak into finals. They were already in the 8 . This narrative you folk are running with is ridiculous

Pies copped injuries too but couldn’t overcome the adversity, their depth isn’t up to it.

We’re playing finals with a younger side, we’re on the way up and you’re on the way down. Will go into next year as the oldest list with a decade of poor drafting behind you.

Hilarious that Pies fans are talking about Petracca coming to save them, what the actual hell do Collingwood have to trade with? De Goey?
Carlton are 'on the way up'.

Well you'd hope so after building for more than two decades and not having contended for a premiership in all that time.

There really is only one way to go, though you must be concerned that they may have peaked at a 5th placed finish in 2023...

I think it's been clearly established that All Australian players are quite good, and then you have premierships players who can be extremely average at best. Example being Collingwood from last year having many average players
Carlton can have their 'quite good' All-Australians, whilst Collingwood will be content with their 'extremely average premiership players' (whilst also having a heap of 'quite good' All-Australians on their list as well).

Fully agree.

I've already declared Cripps the Brownlow Medallist in the Main Board thread - he will be a worthy winner, as he will be a worthy Players MVP (which I'm also predicting him to win).

Conversely, we've seen the melts from Carlton supporters about Daicos winning the Coaches Award.

They really don't have much in the way of self awareness, do they?

Is that because you are mentally weak and can’t handle pressure?
The Saints only just about beat what was to all intents and purposes our VFL side.

So i wouldn't consider that game to be a Carlton bottle job/shit the bed moment.

Considering the circumstances i thought a patched up Carlton team coped alright on the pressure front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm you got your golden ticket from the umpires in the prelim final last year. ;)

Carlton supporters talking about golden tickets from umpires....

Ironic.
I call 2023 the Willy Wonka/Golden Ticket flag, and you only beat St Kilda in 2010.

So that leaves 1990 as the most recent legit Pies flag.:D

You were told midway through the season that Cameron was in the mix for the AA Squad, and you all scoffed at the thought.

Schooled again.

But there are some of us that understand footy, and those of you who just watch it through your rose coloured glasses and only see what you want to see...
The AFL need to throw the Collingwood horde a bone to keep them on the media consumption hook.

Darcy Cameron ….

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne

Now we know that Fadge is not John Noble, who obviously thinks Gold Coast are closer to a flag than Collingwood.

I don't know. Check out your multitude of Nick Daicos threads throughout the site, pies supporters wondering if Cripps would get votes or not to enhance Nick's chances of winning the brownlow medal, and then get back to me as to whether individual awards is a Carlton thing, coz I'm kinda getting the feeling that there will Pie outrage if Cripps or Neale win it again.
The melts on the collingwood board will be extreme to say the least
Honestly I wouldn’t begrudge either of them winning it, both champion players and both had excellent seasons.

TBH I think the last round was irrelevant anyways and Cripps is a few in front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back