Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So what was it then, a "half-Bradbury"? Blues, in horrendous form, absolutely fell into the 8

Our form the last 2 weeks has been ok. Ironically it's with essentially an entire new playing squad - I can only hope the 'senior' ins replicate the playing style of the misfits from the past fortnight.

Not the sexiest way to make the 8, but not our fault the ladder is judged over the course of a year, rather than the final 9 rounds.

Looking fwd to watching our team play finals. It's better than not being there at all.

So what?

I realise qualifying for finals is the holy grail for Carlton, but Bradbury WON a Gold Medal (I.e. first place).

So as I said there are no parallels.
Every side wants to make finals, only the good ones did this season.

So what?

I realise qualifying for finals is the holy grail for Carlton, but Bradbury WON a Gold Medal (I.e. first place).

So as I said there are no parallels.
Good point Fadge.
Carlton's equivalency would be If Bradbury had his moment of great fortune in the qualifier rather than the final. If that had happened nobody would remember it or care about it. Kinda like Carlton being in finals this year.
Oh well...

We won more games than the 10 teams below us on the ladder, including Collingwood, which ultimately earned us a spot in the finals. There is no default entry.
Courtesy of playing Richmond and North Melbourne twice, not to mention dissentgate v. Fremantle (reverse that result alone and you swap spots with Freo).

Massive asterisk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is North Melbourne supposed to be an easy beat?

View attachment 2094533
We gave them a 54 point head start and still won.

North and Richmond won as many games between them as the 16th placed team.

All things analysed, Carlton are the 13th ranked team in 2024, which aligns very nicely with my pre-season prediction.

All things analysed, Carlton are the 13th ranked team in 2024, which aligns very nicely with my pre-season prediction.
We gave you guys a 2 game head start to make the 8, but we still got in.

Maybe if you'd thrashed them, as I'm sure you were expecting, you might have had the percentage to get in the 8...
Maybe if you'd beaten Hawks by more, back when they weren't good and on a neutral ground...
Maybe if you hadn't drawn with Dons or Freo...
Maybe if you didn't treat games as dead rubbers...
Maybe the thread title would still say 2024...

I certainly hope your profession doesn't involve analytics… Or do you just conveniently ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative there as well?

Have you got a ladder sowing us 13th at the end of round 24?

I think he's referencing the fact that Carlton lost twice to Collingwood.

The thread title says "who will be better" not " who will make the 8" so it's another own goal.
Essendon should be 9th then by your idiotic post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back