Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have anyone good at graphics who could do this up for us?

Framed poster:
Carlton Football Club
The Glory Years
Back to Back 2023-24
Photo of Sam Walsh flex in middle flanked on each side by photos of Owies celebrating.
In the background maybe the photo of McGovern lining up for goal and Curnow getting a free kick. Hand signed by Blues legends Mick Malthouse and Dale Thomas

I reckon this would sell like hot cakes amongst the Blues fans on here. Just $568 plus postage.

Over 6-8 decades?

So I guess it's not dual citizenship and you are illegal immigrants?
Um yeah dude. Over the last 6-8 decades! Collingwood has made finals significantly more frequently that Carlton in this timeframe. How is this news to you? Tequila killed off too many brain cells?

Framed poster:
Carlton Football Club
The Glory Years
Back to Back 2023-24
Photo of Sam Walsh flex in middle flanked on each side by photos of Owies celebrating.
In the background maybe the photo of McGovern lining up for goal and Curnow getting a free kick. Hand signed by Blues legends Mick Malthouse and Dale Thomas

I reckon this would sell like hot cakes amongst the Blues fans on here. Just $568 plus postage.
Where did you arrive at the price of $568?

I would have thought $550:
5 spoons this century
5th placed finish in 2023 was their peak
0 times in premiership contention this century

Where did you arrive at the price of $568?

I would have thought $550:
5 spoons this century
5th placed finish in 2023 was their peak
0 times in premiership contention this century
You're right. That's what the price was but then Mick Malthouse jacked up his signature fee by $18 and spoiled it.

So making finals is the measure of who is the better team???
Judge Joe Brown GIF

They are also releasing a limited edition framed wall poster to commemorate making back to back finals.

Carlton Football Club
The Glory Years
Back to Back 2023-24
Photo of Owies celebrating

Um yeah dude. Over the last 6-8 decades! Collingwood has made finals significantly more frequently that Carlton in this timeframe. How is this news to you? Tequila killed off too many brain cells?
Not to mention the 8 flags to your 3 in that timeframe so its your brain cells or lack there of that has been killed off

You can make all the excuses you want, but at the end of the day, it's pretty straightforward. We're comparing two teams that played finals last year and debating which team will be better this year.

Now that the home and away season's ended, one team's in finals, and the other's not.

The answer seems pretty clear, even for the most simple-minded among us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now we know Carlton was better in 2024, do we know who will be better in 2025?
Well us of course.

Just on "who will be better in 2024" well sadly we both got worse.

Carlton are down from their 5th finish last year (although if they go all the way from here you could outdo yourselves).

No denying it, we were much worse this year compared to our flag win last year.

Framed poster:
Carlton Football Club
The Glory Years
Back to Back 2023-24

I got my graphic designer started on the job, roughing out the type, temp sketches etc, but when I showed him the reference image of Walsh flexing he started laughing so hard he spontaneously combusted. Literally went up in flames just like that. What a way to go... I can only share his work in progress (may he RIP).
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 4.27.40 PM.png

Not to mention the 8 flags to your 3 in that timeframe so its your brain cells or lack there of that has been killed off
Are you in your 90's then?
Because in my lifetime Carlton have won one flag to Collingwood's 3.
They've also won 5 spoons and been a perennial laughing stock for most of it.

Are you in your 90's then?
Because in my lifetime Carlton have won one flag to Collingwood's 3.
They've also won 5 spoons and been a perennial laughing stock for most of it.
Did you know that the majority of people on earth (some 4.1 billion people) have not had a Carlton premiership occur in their lifetimes?

It really is a black swan event for the bulk of humanity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back