Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn't beat them up in the preliminary final last year though.
That was last year wasn't it though? We've been to the Gabba already and won up there.

All this talk about a nine or ten goal winning margin for the lions will suit us down to the ground imo.

The absolute high point of Carlton’s 30 year rebuild:

Fluking a prelim and losing it, then backing it up by Bradburying their way into 8th.

The good times will be happily reflected on for generations to come.
I'm still trying to work out how Carlton did a "bradbury" ? They were in the 8 for all but 2 weeks of the season. Fully understand if Collingwood limped in after being out of the TOP 8 For 20 weeks of the season - thats what would constitute as a Bradbury.
Not what Carlton did

I'm still trying to work out how Carlton did a "bradbury" ? They were in the 8 for all but 2 weeks of the season. Fully understand if Collingwood limped in after being out of the TOP 8 For 20 weeks of the season - thats what would constitute as a Bradbury.
Not what Carlton did
After snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the most comical Carlton-esque manner possible, you relinquished all self-determination and sat perched on the edge of your couch barracking for another team to fall over so you could sneak into 8th. Textbook Bradbury.

After snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the most comical Carlton-esque manner possible, you relinquished all self-determination and sat perched on the edge of your couch barracking for another team to fall over so you could sneak into 8th. Textbook Bradbury.
But Carlton didn't sneak in. They were always in the top 8
Now I understand why you call yourself the name that you do

But Carlton didn't sneak in. They were always in the top 8
Now I understand why you call yourself the name that you do
Semantics. You scraped into the 8 on percentage after relying on another team falling over.

Oh and you almost got banned again for melting down after the Saints game.

Kudos for showing up though, one of very few who did in the aftermath. If I were wearing a hat, I’d take it off and dip it thusly.

Semantics. You scraped into the 8 on percentage after relying on another team falling over.

Oh and you almost got banned again for melting down after the Saints game.

Kudos for showing up though, one of very few who did in the aftermath. If I were wearing a hat, I’d take it off and dip it thusly.

By falling over, do you mean losing?

Do you describe every teams’ losses as falling over? Seems an odd description to me.

I could possibly understand it if a higher ranked team lost to a lower ranked team but generally speaking I just stick to winning or losing, especially when the lower ranked team loses.

On a side note (not directed at you), anyone comparing Carlton to Bradbury is really just revealing how moronic they are. It makes no sense whatsoever 😆 Still, I take pleasure in the desperation.

By falling over, do you mean losing?

Do you describe every teams’ losses as falling over? Seems an odd description to me.

I could possibly understand it if a higher ranked team lost to a lower ranked team but generally speaking I just stick to winning or losing, especially when the lower ranked team loses.

On a side note (not directed at you), anyone comparing Carlton to Bradbury is really just revealing how moronic they are. It makes no sense whatsoever 😆 Still, I take pleasure in the desperation.
Arguing about the language others use to describe your 8th place finish is as desperate as it gets.

How about I describe it as a heroic, ‘finish for the ages’. Skillful, inevitable… Historic.

Better?

Arguing about the language others use to describe your 8th place finish is as desperate as it gets.

How about I describe it as a heroic, ‘finish for the ages’. Skillful, inevitable… Historic.

Better?

I thought it was a gutsy performance all things considered, but it’s not really about that game.

It just makes no sense to refer to the Dockers as ‘falling over’ when it was simply a loss. But if it helps you sleep better, go for your life.

Better?
We are finals bound and you are not. Your plane to Mexico is on the runway waiting for you.:D

I almost felt sorry for Blues supporters after the heartbreak of the Saints loss, then i came in here to have a read and thought, naa they dont deserve my sympathy. The best thing about the Blues making the finals is that they will face real heartbreak 2 games in a row. As Paul Keating once intimated, its good to see them being done slowly.
Three flags in nearly seventy years though. That's a form of prolonged agony and torture in itself really.

Won 3 of their last 9 games against Richmond, West Coast and North.

Only made it playing the bottom 3 teams 5x.

Saints did you a favour. But Freo ruined it for you.

The Bloos are wasting their time in the 8. Will be absolutely demolished by the Lions.
We beat them up there already and we shall do it again. Unlike a wannabe club like Collingwood Carlton are never beaten before the first bounce.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not very often you get the treat of knocking carlton out of finals in consecutive years. fun times to be a lions supporter.
You sad and pathetic Collingwood lackey.:D Your club will forever be in my little black book after last years grand final.

Your club is just the sad, pathetic, soulless and corporate dead corpse of Fitzroy in zombified form imo.

Last edited:
We beat them up there already and we shall do it again. Unlike a wannabe club like Collingwood Carlton are never beaten before the first bounce.:D
You mean when they went about 2 and 7 start of the season?

You best chance is if Curnow is injured. We all know what he is like in finals.

You mean when they went about 2 and 7 start of the season?

You best chance is if Curnow is injured. We all know what he is like in finals.
If we want tips on how to achieve success from anyone, we'll ask for it from supporters of a club who've won more than five flags since the end of the second world war.:laughv1:

Or 3 premierships since the start of the AFL competition.
Hmm going down the supporters of the interstate clubs route now. Are things really that desperate at Victoria Park?

Hmm going down the supporters of the interstate clubs route now. Are things really that desperate at Victoria Park?
Just stating facts. Playing by the rules.

How desparate is it being the reigning premiers?

We won’t be celebrating 30 years without a premiership in 2025.

At least the bloos have 5 wooden spoons over the past 20 years to display.

Just stating facts. Playing by the rules.

How desparate is it being the reigning premiers?

We won’t be celebrating 30 years without a premiership in 2025.

At least the bloos have 5 wooden spoons over the past 20 years to display.
Yeah whatever enjoy sitting down on your butt holes this September.;)

Better?
So, I take it that as a pies supporter, you wouldn't want to switch ladder positions then hey ?

not very often you get the treat of knocking carlton out of finals in consecutive years.

And whose fault is that ffs? Had you not choked against Collingwood (for the second time in two seasons), you could have had the double chance and definitely gone to a PF after the SF.

You could say that Collingwood have ruined your year twice in a row. After you beat them twice last year and were full of confidence in the GF after Collingwood came off scores of 9.6.60 and 8.10.58 in the previous two finals. Now because they kicked 3 goals in the last 3 minutes against you a few days ago, you get to beat us in the EF before losing in the SF.

1724706109737.gif

Last edited:
chest beating over some journeyman ruckman making the AA squad of 40. not even the official team, the squad of 40!

seriously, who gives a shit!?

how the mighty have fallen.
Cameron is like Pittonet if he didn’t have a TDK to compete with (Brodie Grundy)

Good player, top 100 for sure, top 6 ruckman. AA squad?

Who’s selecting the team, the Collingwood cheer squad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back