Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You scoffed at Harry McKay and he seems to be in the squad as well.
When did I scoff at Harry McKay and his performances this year?

I'll repeat... 'McKay deserves his place in the All-Australian squad', and acknowledged his improved output as early as his first two games this season, where he was BOG or near BOG in both of them.

It doesn't change the fact his output was down across 2022 and 2023, and I wasn't alone in observing this.

A 'gutsy' performance, losing to the 14th placed team in a game you needed to win to qualify for finals, in a year that you're meant to be a genuine premiership contender after building and rebuilding for more than two decades?

Wowee.

We had a makeshift side out there, champ. Matt Kennedy was our CHF ffs and average games and age was well below St Kilda. We had 27 players to pick from. It's a miracle we were within 6 goals let alone in a position to win it, it was akin to a North lineup.

If you expected that side to beat St Kilda (who you tipped to finish 4th), then you must really rate our depth. What a self-own.

But, did you know darcy cameron made the AA squad?

We had a makeshift side out there, champ. Matt Kennedy was our CHF ffs and average games and age was well below St Kilda. We had 27 players to pick from. It's a miracle we were within 6 goals let alone in a position to win it, it was akin to a North lineup.

If you expected that side to beat St Kilda (who you tipped to finish 4th), then you must really rate our depth. What a self-own.

But, did you know darcy cameron made the AA squad?
'Injuries'

Who are the Pies playing in the first week of finals?
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Fudge trying to compute

'Injuries'
I count 14 best 22 here

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jordan BoydAdductor2-5 weeks
Matt CarrollGroinIndefinite
Adam CerraHamstringTBC
Matt CottrellShoulderSeason
David CuninghamShoulderSeason
Charlie CurnowAnkleTest
Tom De KoningFoot2-3 weeks
Sam DochertyKneeSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTest
Sam DurdinCalf1-2 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalfTest
Lachie FogartyCollarboneSeason
Caleb MarchbankConcussionTest
Jack MartinHamstring1 week
Mitch McGovernHamstringTest
Harry McKayQuad1 week
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringTest
Adam SaadHamstringTest
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason

I count 14 best 22 here

Adam CerraHamstringTBC
Charlie CurnowAnkleTest
Sam DochertyKneeSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTest
Sam DurdinCalf1-2 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalfTest
Harry McKayQuad1 week
Adam SaadHamstringTest
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason
Of course there will be 14 of your best 22 when you have 35 players in your best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I count 14 best 22 here

Adam CerraHamstringTBC
Charlie CurnowAnkleTest
Sam DochertyKneeSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTest
Sam DurdinCalf1-2 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalfTest
Harry McKayQuad1 week
Adam SaadHamstringTest
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason
4 all Australians in that list

Depth must be awesome to be able to contend for finals qualification for 3 consecutive seasons - Carlton's crowning glory of the 21st Century!
Deflecting to different seasons again while avoiding talking about season 2024, not working well for you mate.

Depth must be awesome to be able to contend for finals qualification for 3 consecutive seasons - Carlton's crowning glory of the 21st Century!

Pies copped injuries too but couldn’t overcome the adversity, their depth isn’t up to it.

We’re playing finals with a younger side, we’re on the way up and you’re on the way down. Will go into next year as the oldest list with a decade of poor drafting behind you.

Hilarious that Pies fans are talking about Petracca coming to save them, what the actual hell do Collingwood have to trade with? De Goey?

Last edited:
It's all about winning individual awards at Carlton isn't it.

And spoons
I don't know. Check out your multitude of Nick Daicos threads throughout the site, pies supporters wondering if Cripps would get votes or not to enhance Nick's chances of winning the brownlow medal, and then get back to me as to whether individual awards is a Carlton thing, coz I'm kinda getting the feeling that there will Pie outrage if Cripps or Neale win it again.
The melts on the collingwood board will be extreme to say the least

I think it's been clearly established that All Australian players are quite good, and then you have premierships players who can be extremely average at best. Example being Collingwood from last year having many average players

Yet, Collingwood had eight All Australians on our list last year, some multiple times and an All- Australian coach. Thanks so much for the high praise of our list. Make up your mind, you are confusing yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back