Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

For the 2025 version can we please decide on the metric used to compare the teams right at the start of the thread. Avoids supporters changing the metric to suit their own club.

In my opinion it should be finishing ladder position and if both teams were to make finals then it becomes who advances furthest. If both teams get kicked out in the same week revert back to finishing ladder positions...?
And if wins equal a decision to be made as to whether head to head is more important than percentage

So the thread has officially turned to shizen. Well done
jurassic park deal with it GIF

i find it funny Collingwood have linked themselves to every potentially available player in the off-season.

what exactly do you have to trade with?

there's no picks or any currency you'd be willing to get rid of.

they think they're turning noble into a return of lukoscious, petracca, lynch & smith
Noble and a future 3rd rounder. We're not cheap...

The big question is.....

What is the probability of that number reaching 5 billion?
You're the man for this calculation.

What year will there be 2 thirds of humanity who have not seen a Carlton flag in their lifetime and what is the probability of it happening.
My guess is 2033 and 100% but I'll defer to your expertise here.

According to the United Nations, approximately 33% of the world's population is 19 years old or younger.

Here's a breakdown of the world population by age group:

• Under 15: 26% (around 2.1 billion)
  • 15-19: 7% (around 570 million)

Combining the under-15 and 15-19 age groups gives us approximately 33% of the population being 19 years old or younger.

I’m very mindful that these numbers are estimates and may vary slightly depending on the source, but there you go.

Anyway, back to the thread topic, Carlton were better than Collingwood in 2024, as they finished higher on the ladder and won more games. Fact!

Right, I’ll leave it there as I have.a trip to Brisbane to plan.
Does someone want to tell him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But, back to the thread topic, Carlton were better than Collingwood in 2024, as they finished higher on the ladder and won more games. Fact!

So the thread has officially turned to shizen. Well done
jurassic park deal with it GIF
The wallowing Pies are marinating in their bath water, as it dawns on them that their brief dynasty has crumbled into September insignificance…
Whilst the Blues live to fight another day…significantly in September…giddyup!!

So am I getting this right... Pies sell their future picks for Schultz... Who helps them miss finals the year after winning a flag...

Then Christian Petracca, a lifetime Pies supporter, tries to force his way out of the Demons to get to one of the 'Big VIC clubs... But the Pies don't have any draft capital to trade for him because they spent it all on a useless spud fwd pocket????

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

More made up stats and fewer facts I see.

Where are you getting this fact from? Not Fadges analytics I hope?

I have fact checked Fadge, which is why I questioned the source of that ’fact’.

A quick glance at the posts from Wobbles supporters on this thread reveals a pattern: instead of relying on verifiable facts, you tend to create your own narratives and ‘analyses’.

It's clear that emotional bias often trumps objective truth in your arguments.

Typically, when presenting something as fact, it's incumbent upon you to provide evidence to support it.

However, given that you tend to fabricate statistics and alter the rules at your convenience, I'll bite.

No, I'm running with, you make up stats, and your last post was another example of inaccuracy.

Apologies, I’ve made a blunder
Golly gosh quite the tirade over multiple pages.

Somebody somewhere was made so furious by a comedic stat it rendered them mathematically incompetent and quite accusatory! Fear not, as you've cleverly deleted the evidence no one will be the wiser.

It does beg the question though, what other 'facts' you deem as absolute certainties have you got wrong? Could Johnny Noble be a better player than Patrick Cripps? Could Collingwood have been better than Carlton in 2024?

It really does open up a whole new world of possibilities.

So am I getting this right... Pies sell their future picks for Schultz... Who helps them miss finals the year after winning a flag...

Then Christian Petracca, a lifetime Pies supporter, tries to force his way out of the Demons to get to one of the 'Big VIC clubs... But the Pies don't have any draft capital to trade for him because they spent it all on a useless spud fwd pocket????

Michael Jordan Lol GIF
A year too late it seems
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Well us of course.

Just on "who will be better in 2024" well sadly we both got worse.

Carlton are down from their 5th finish last year (although if they go all the way from here you could outdo yourselves).

No denying it, we were much worse this year compared to our flag win last year.
Interesting new criteria!

You're wrong, but in an interesting way!

So what is the population across the world that haven't been alive to see a Carlton premiership, if it's not approximately 4.1 Billion?
It’s not an unreasonable number. World in data (ourworldindata.org) has just over 3 billion aged 24 and under, the question is looking for 29 and under which the source doesn’t have, but the group 25-64 have 4 billion so if “evenly distributed “ then there’s another 500 million, so 3.5 billion (noting that it is likely more skewed to younger age in developing countries)

Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Yeah that pretty much sums it up unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back