Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I also like how they're saying 'But, but, but... we're playing finals', when we all know it's only going to be a single final.
You know who isn't playing finals, don't you?

So am I getting this right... Pies sell their future picks for Schultz... Who helps them miss finals the year after winning a flag...

Then Christian Petracca, a lifetime Pies supporter, tries to force his way out of the Demons to get to one of the 'Big VIC clubs... But the Pies don't have any draft capital to trade for him because they spent it all on a useless spud fwd pocket????

Michael Jordan Lol GIF
If only it wasn’t true… FMD

It was a very good flash in the pan premiership winning team, but no more and no less than that imo.

If that Collingwood team was any good, then an injury plagued Carlton team that only won twice since the end of June wouldn't have beaten them to a spot in the finals.

They had their five minutes in the limelight. The Pies slow and gradual slide into footy obscurity has already started.:D

Last edited:

Golly gosh quite the tirade over multiple pages.

Somebody somewhere was made so furious by a comedic stat it rendered them mathematically incompetent and quite accusatory! Fear not, as you've cleverly deleted the evidence no one will be the wiser.

It does beg the question though, what other 'facts' you deem as absolute certainties have you got wrong? Could Johnny Noble be a better player than Patrick Cripps? Could Collingwood have been better than Carlton in 2024?

It really does open up a whole new world of possibilities.
I admit, I stuffed up on the world population data - turns out trying to multitask between booking accommodation in Brisbane and crunching numbers isn’t my greatest strength. I was so focused on snagging a good spot to watch Carlton in the finals that I overlooked a basic math error. My bad, and I apologise for the mix-up.

That said, it’s quite amusing that you’ve turned to ‘comedic stats’ to sidestep the obvious answer to the thread question. But let's get back on track. I still stand by my original points:

Carlton were better than Collingwood in 2024 because they:
• Finished higher on the ladder
• Won more games
• Will play in the finals series

So, do you agree with these three facts?

You know who isn't playing finals, don't you?
This year must be a bad one to be a Collingwood supporter.

Jack Ginnivan wins the flag with Collingwood, he leaves, they full on start hating him (in the months before he left), and it’s discovered that the team Jack decides to go to is better than Collingwood and will start contending for flags before Collingwood do. 😂

TLDR: Jack Ginnivan wins flag with Collingwood. They hate him now. He plays for a better team than Collingwood. He’ll contend for another flag before Collingwood.

Last edited:
You make great points as usual Fadgicus Maximus.
Carlton lost more games than Collingwood.
Carlton choked and disappointed it's fans in more games than Collingwood.
Carlton lost twice to Collingwood.
Carlton were gifted a considerably easier draw.
If you asked the coaches of the 7 other teams in finals "who would you most like to play in finals? Carlton or Collingwood? You can guarantee a unanimous response of "Carlton".

For these reasons the answer to this thread is clearly "Collingwood".

giphy.gif

If it's a choice between making finals and beating Collingwood, I'll take finals thanks.
You can have bragging rights over a few home and away games. The flag isn't won in rounds 8 and 21.

Indeed, be like Richmond thinking they’ve got bragging rights over the Swans.

Winning the grand final is the ultimate goal, and making the finals is a crucial step towards achieving it, yeah? Qualifying for the first round of finals brings a team closer to this goal and gives them an edge over those who don't make the cut, yeah?

So, a team that secures a spot in the finals, regardless of how far they advance, holds a superior position compared to those who miss out.

As a result, they're closer to the ultimate goal and are considered the better team that year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deflecting to the last 3 decades again, we can see why you don't want to talk about this season.
Collingwood fans tend to deflect a lot

Collingwood fans tend to deflect a lot
Three flags in almost seventy years. Yet they've deluded themselves into thinking they're some sort of footy powerhouse.:laughv1:

It's so cute seeing these Carlton desperadoes still trying to talk themselves into believing they were better than Collingwood this year, despite losing to us twice and only finishing ahead of us on percentage courtesy of their double up games against two teams who won a total of 5 games between them.

All this in a year Collingwood were basking in the glow of premiership glory, whilst Carlton have been building for more than two decades to get to this point where they truly believed it was their time.

So desperate it's cute.

It's so cute seeing these Carlton desperadoes still trying to talk themselves into believing they were better than Collingwood this year, despite losing to us twice and only finishing ahead of us on percentage courtesy of their double up games against two teams who won a total of 5 games between them.

So desperate it's cute.
How is your break going ?
Aside from you having Carlton bottom 3 again for next year, can you give us a laugh and boldly predict where the pies are going to finish up in 2025.

If we followed the theories of some on here, the team that wins the grand final isn't actually the winner or the better team. Apparently, you need to analyse the fixture, free kick differentials, umpire bias, miles travelled, lucky undies colour, and dietary preferences of each team to determine the real winner.

Unless, of course, it's the Wobbles who win, in which case we conveniently revert back to the traditional ranking system.

All this in a year Collingwood were basking in the glow of premiership glory, whilst Carlton have been building for more than two decades to get to this point where they truly believed it was their time.

So desperate it's cute.
Fadge RUOK ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back