Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor old Nick couldn't even get selected in his playing position in the AA side. It was a "let's squeeze him in somewhere moment" on the wing. Seems the players don't have him in the top 3 in the league either as they voted Heeney, Cripps and Bont as top 3 for 2024. Old mate Fadge will be beside himself
Hardly.

I reckon it's great that the players are starting to recognise the best players in the finals teams as the Most Valuable Player.

For too many years it was the 'best player' - how can one be the 'most valuable' player in the competition fir a team that doesn't make finals?

And with Collingwood making finals in a majority of years, it's only going to benefit Daicos going forward.

It just goes to show how good Nick is, and how highly his peers rate him, when he is the only player in the top 5 from a team outside the finals...

Hardly.

I reckon it's great that the players are starting to recognise the best players in the finals teams as the Most Valuable Player.

For too many years it was the 'best player' - how can one be the 'most valuable' player in the competition fir a team that doesn't make finals?

And with Collingwood making finals in a majority of years, it's only going to benefit Daicos going forward.

It just goes to show how good Nick is, and how highly his peers rate him, when he is the only player in the top 5 from a team outside the finals...
So, based on this logic, when comparing the performance of two teams, the one that makes the finals is the better team, right?

Because how can a team be considered better if it doesn't make the finals?

Hahahahahaha! You finally got there, well done!

So, based on this logic, when comparing the performance of two teams, the one that makes the finals is the better team, right?

Because how can a team be considered better if it doesn't make the finals?

Hahahahahaha! You finally got there, well done!
Nice reach.

But again, that's not what I posted.

Your desperation continues to somewhere between cute and pathetic.

Nice reach.

But again, that's not what I posted.

Your desperation continues to somewhere between cute and pathetic.
No reach, you tripped yourself up there, and it was all your own doing. Glorious to witness, though!

Same old deflection now, predictable.

These days Legends of Blooser premierships have to be passed down to the kids in family gatherings around the hearth. In hushed but dramatic tones parents tell tales of glorious deeds in centuries of yore. Then they bring out the VHS box set.

But the kids.... The kids care naught for dusty mouldy ancient deeds. They watch and see. They know what was, is no longer, and what is, is lame. For Christmas they ask for a Geelong, Hawthorn or Collingwood scarf.
VHS is generous, their 'success' mostly exists on scrolls of papyrus. Gives me an idea for my graphic designer….
Particularly Fly. That coaches award was held in high esteem once upon a time, now it's laughed at.
The only real and fair award these days is.... the ABC one (apparently )
Only laughed at by desperate crackpots (present company excluded of course), hopefully Cripps can win whatever the Carlton best player award is called, you guys can even create a papyrus poster to immortalise the feat

Been a very entertaining thread this year, the laughs have been epic

The delusional predictions by the usual suspects, glorious

Look forward to next year, hopefully the Pies might make the 8
Our 3rd year player is better than your captain and best player ever, and now you’re all whining about coaches cheating. That’s pretty damn hilarious

VHS is generous, their 'success' mostly exists on scrolls of papyrus. Gives me an idea for my graphic designer….

Only laughed at by desperate crackpots (present company excluded of course), hopefully Cripps can win whatever the Carlton best player award is called, you guys can even create a papyrus poster to immortalise the feat
I get the sneaky suspicion that some in here might be the Dungeons & Dragons diehard types, who spend significant time in fantasy realms with fellow enthusiasts, comfortably nestled in their own made up worlds – and possibly mum and dad's basement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the John Nicholls medal named after team of the century inductee.
Unfortunately Collingwood don't have any of those players so they named their award after a secretary apparently. Or was a Melbourne tigers basketball player ? Oh boy

Last edited:
Our 3rd year player is better than your captain and best player ever, and now you’re all whining about coaches cheating. That’s pretty damn hilarious
Will you be running with this narrative if our captain salutes in a few mondays ?
BTW- Your best player is a wingman according to the all australian selectors. Not centre not rover, not ruck rover, a bloody wingman. That's Blake acres territory

Will you be running with this narrative if our captain salutes in a few mondays ?
About coaches cheating? Unlikely, I have a modicum of self respect. If your glorious captain wins the Brownlow I’ll congratulate him without debasing myself like your insufferable crowd.

BTW- Your best player is a wingman according to the all australian selectors. Not centre not rover, not ruck rover, a bloody wingman. That's Blake acres territory
Golly gosh, 20 minutes after the original post you went back to edit it to add the 2nd part….

A ripping burn that our 3rd year 2xAA GOAT is somehow in the league of your own very mediocre Blake Acres.

Well worth the revision. Pies fans won’t know what to do.

Golly gosh, 20 minutes after the original post you went back to edit it to add the 2nd part….

A ripping burn that our 3rd year 2xAA GOAT is somehow in the league of your own very mediocre Blake Acres.

Well worth the revision. Pies fans won’t know what to do.
Our captain is about to burn Daicos for the brownlow and you are still going to run with the old "our3rd year player is better" story. Wow

Our captain is about to burn Daicos for the brownlow and you are still going to run with the old "our3rd year player is better" story. Wow

I am proud of Nick Daicos.

He has finally won as many individual awards as his shitter sibling. Happy days.

When did you pop back in?

I was starting to think that your beloved Blues had finally gotten the better of you Arr0w.

But welcome back mate, was starting to miss the stories of how it was surviving WW2 and when the Blues were a decent team.

Good to see you kegman, not much has changed around here I see

They're still dirty on Nick being selected on the wing in the AA side. Just accept it and move on - its not like they are playing against another country

Considering he actively runs away from opponents out of fear, he’s not going to be selected in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back