• Jaeger O'Meara

Votes: 85 51.5%
  • Tom Mitchell

Votes: 36 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As much football understanding as a doorknob

Since you may be ignoring the above...

Tom Mitchell will retire with more Coaches votes, more Bronwlow votes, more B&F's, more All Australians, more MVP's, more of the ball, more tackles, more clearances, more of every individual accolade the game offers from fewer games than Trent Cotchin.

But Cotchin is the better player because his team won 3 flags, even though Cotchin did not win an individual accolade of any description in any of the flag years and did not finish in the top 8 of the B&F in either 2019 or 2020 (and was almost a liability in the finals of those years, as highlighted above).

Cotchin was a very good player and was/is captain of one of the great sides but being part of a great side deos not make him a better individual player than Tom Mitchell, as the above clearly demonstrates.

Educate me then. Help me understand why triple premiership player Paul Puopolo is a better player than Matthew Richardson?
Because you use premierships to better argue player x is better than player y when you don't have a solid argument

No Richmond supporter could ever deny the importance Cotchin has had on our club, he helped change the fortunes from laughing stock to powerhouse in recent years.

2012 was his best individual season, he was in the best few mids in the game that season. One of them was GAJ, Cotch in 2012 was seriously underrated as to how good he was.

I dont necessarily rate Mitchell as high as Hawks fans might (I'm not alone there), but he has probably had more individual seasons of brilliance than Cotchin has.

Cannot undersell Cotchins club importance and legacy though, the guy was Hodge/Voss like for us with his leadership, standards and absolute warrior attitude that inspired success.

I'd go Tom Mitchell, followed by Cotchin (even though I reckon he is grossly overrated) then Jaeger O'Meara who is never healthy.

What a disappointing trio.

I originally voted O'Meara, but he's been cruelled by injuries, or/and he wasn't as good as I thought. I suspect the former.

Cotchin's had a solid career and grew into a good leader. He became better once he stopped playing like a crab.

And Mitchell can have the most harmless 40+ disposal game you've ever seen.

Mitchell, Cotchin, O'Meara. But underwhelming.

I originally voted O'Meara, but he's been cruelled by injuries, or/and he wasn't as good as I thought. I suspect the former.

Cotchin's had a solid career and grew into a good leader. He became better once he stopped playing like a crab.

Nah Jaeger was very ****ing good, just injured cruelled.

Also Mitchell harmless 40+? please stop joking..

O’Meara and Wines were getting spoken about like Walsh and Smith are now. O’Meara was that good before two injury years at the Suns that I was sure he was a dead certainty for a Brownlow

Cotchin, Mitchell, O’Meara

Two players who always produced enormous interest when they were only 17 years of age and yet to play a senior game were O'Meara and Patton.
Both had so much talent but unfortunately, injuries ruined their careers literally from the very beginning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, his injuries weren't and haven't been as bad as Mitchell and Jaeger.

That's nice all players get injury. Cotchin got his fair share after being maybe the best and most valued player as a kid.

No one's fault if Jager is made of glass. Good luck with the rebuild. Cotchin made it work as a fairly underrated skipper with 3 flags so far

Last edited:
That's nice all players get injury. Cotchin got his fair share after being maybe the best and most valued player as a kid.

No one's fault if Jager is made of glass. Good luck with the rebuild. Cotchin made it work as a fairly underrated skipper with 3 flags so far
Nah don't take it too seriously it's just answering the question. Jaeger was the most talented out of the 3. Cotchin best career and Mitchell best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be better in 5 Years?

Back