Who will be going to GWS at year's end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice theory but means nothing at the end of the day. By the way I'm not saying he will go. Just making the point we don't know.

It means everything. The money isn't everything. Players always have another reason/s when they go.

Scully was clearly unhappy with the culture and footy department arrangements at Melbourne.

That left him vulnerable to the GWS money.

If the players are happy and you can offer them what they feel they are worth, they stay.

One thing I've noticed North does is put a fair amount of pressure on the players to stay. Either that or we were/are genuinely supremely confident.

From about 7:40
[YOUTUBE]VV777mGSU_g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WXLvHFgXe9k[/YOUTUBE]

You don't hear the standard line of 'well it's a lot of money and it's his decision to make.'

It would also be difficult to leave when you have guys like Swallow, Ziebell and Greenwood who were all targeted by the two expansion teams.

GWS hardly need mids. They won't pursue any at all, as they're having troubling squeezing them all in anyway. You would think, anyway.

Based on their needs, you would think they'd target a senior ruck. Following that, a senior defender. Phil Davis is their KPD at the moment. Dave Swallow has played more games than him. They need another senior tall down back. Someone who has played at least 100 games.

GWS hardly need mids. They won't pursue any at all, as they're having troubling squeezing them all in anyway. You would think, anyway.

Based on their needs, you would think they'd target a senior ruck. Following that, a senior defender. Phil Davis is their KPD at the moment. Dave Swallow has played more games than him. They need another senior tall down back. Someone who has played at least 100 games.

how do they not need bigger bodied mids? 80% of their midfield are 18/19 years old

how do they not need bigger bodied mids? 80% of their midfield are 18/19 years old

More big bodied mids certainly would not go astray, but with Scully, Clifton, Ward and McDonald(questionable I guess) already running around, there are at least SOME big-bodied people in there.

As opposed to defence, where all there is Phil. Or maybe Cornes or Setanta, based on rotations.

Hurley and McEvoy are the big targets.

Essendon insiders are confident of retaining Hurley, there is after all a premium on playing for a big 4 club.

However, until a player signs you never really know. If Hurley departed it would set the club back considerably, Essendon in my view are further progressed list wise than both North and Melbourne but that is my opinion. If Hurley left this assessment would change considerably.

Scully was wearing Barassi's number, can't see how Bastinac's taking No.3 guarantees he is staying.

Nobody really knows, they just pretend to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon insiders are confident of retaining Hurley, there is after all a premium on playing for a big 4 club.

However, until a player signs you never really know. If Hurley departed it would set the club back considerably, Essendon in my view are further progressed list wise than both North and Melbourne but that is my opinion. If Hurley left this assessment would change considerably.

Scully was wearing Barassi's number, can't see how Bastinac's taking No.3 guarantees he is staying.

Who are these insiders people always talk of? Clubs are always gonna say that. If he is so keen to stay he would have signed. Not saying he will go but wouldn't be so confident of him staying

Who are these insiders people always talk of? Clubs are always gonna say that. If he is so keen to stay he would have signed. Not saying he will go but wouldn't be so confident of him staying

It's true the longer it goes on the less confident I will become.

Just hope that Essendon with all its supporters, high profle coaching staff and imminent state of the art facilities is where the boy wants to be. Get the feeling they are on the verge of re-emerging as a force, they have drated very well in recent years, better than people credit the club for.

The Club are confident Essendon is where he wants to remain. Only time will tell.

I will be going to Blacktown for the round 3 clash.

Cant see Issy & NicNat shaping up ... Mitchell White will be a special guest for the Eagles with replays of Sheedy making a fool of himself.

Again its left to the Eagles to spread the word.

Years end, the Turbanator (go #18) is a shoe in @ the Giants !!

A slight difference is Scully was given 31 (and couldn't really turn it down without looking disrespectful - a reason I'm against draftees being given special numbers, let them create their own legacy) whereas Bastinac asked for 3 (not that it's that special a number. Would almost argue the 28 is better).

There would be a few older KPD available at the end of 2012.

Maybe Rutten, maybe Chaplin?

More big bodied mids certainly would not go astray, but with Scully, Clifton, Ward and McDonald(questionable I guess) already running around, there are at least SOME big-bodied people in there.

As opposed to defence, where all there is Phil. Or maybe Cornes or Setanta, based on rotations.

So you've never seen Scully in real life then?

It means everything. The money isn't everything. Players always have another reason/s when they go.

Scully was clearly unhappy with the culture and footy department arrangements at Melbourne.

That left him vulnerable to the GWS money.

If the players are happy and you can offer them what they feel they are worth, they stay.

I'd agree with that mostly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be going to GWS at year's end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back