Who will be the Eagles next Captain? - now with a poll

Who will be the next captain?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they'll come out of our current leadership group excluding Glass, at least for next year/whenever Glass retires
-Cox (no- age), Priddis (no- age), J.K (maybe, though forwards don't tend to make great captains), SCOOTER (most likely- right age, and has been part of this group for ages)
-A left-field suggestion: EMack (continuuing the defender tradition)
Other left-field options- Shuey , Masten (both need to be more durable and in Shuey's case, more disciplined though!)

There are some pretty good options for captain. Guys like Darling, LeCras, Waters, Kennedy come to mind. However I think Selwood looks like a natural leader and he would do very well in the role. Darling and Mackenzie would be great v/c.

Its sad that there isn't anyone that is a standout to captain our club after glad retires.

The only possible I think is hurn. Possibly darling.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was open to a Forward being captain namely Kennedy or Darling but I just feel now the added pressure wouldn't be beneficial. With goals so hard to come by for forwards in the past 5 years and the way our midfield delivers I dont think they need anymore pressure. I think Mackenzie is the leading the charge...

We need a new poll or maybe just additional options now that other contenders (E-Mac, JD, JK) have come through
Glass has stuck around as captain for longer than I thought! But no complaints

We need a new poll or maybe just additional options now that other contenders (E-Mac, JD, JK) have come through
Glass has stuck around as captain for longer than I thought! But no complaints

Done. Any options I missed?

Don't say Priddis.

Done. Any options I missed?

Don't say Priddis.
Cheers :). You do have an "other" option anyway which covers them, but maybe Hurn?
I voted Scooter because the question was who (I think) *will* be the next captain vs. who I'd want out of those options (E-mac)

Cheers :). You do have an "other" option anyway which covers them, but maybe Hurn?
I voted Scooter because the question was who (I think) *will* be the next captain vs. who I'd want out of those options (E-mac)

Bugger, forgot Hurn. He's in now.

MacKenzie's too quiet, though I probably said the same thing about Glass seven years ago...

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be the Eagles next Captain? - now with a poll

Back