Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

For Freo, Ballantyne. Injuries are the issue there though. (Same story as Rioli really).

..also Hill. Just because BF posters have appallingly short memories. You guys do realise he had no pre-season last year?

Shuey and Naitanui are the ones that i'm confident in being top 5 in their positions.

Mackenzie I think will be one of the best full backs in the competition in a few years. Has been consistently beating opponents for some time with little recognition, and is much more confident and reliable with ball in hand now.

Gaff we would hope would get to a Dal Santo level, just below the very cream of the midfield crop as he probably lacks the ball-winning and athletic characteristics to be one of the very best mids.
Darling has massive potential, but it's still unclear whether he'll be developed as a key forward or third tall/utility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butcher, Hartlett and Boak are all better than Hill, and I would think most people would agree. At full fitness, I would much rather Hartlett than Hill.

I'll stick my neck out here and say Easton Wood.

He has the physical build and the attitude to be a very good player.

Combine that with his speed, strength and long kicking he has the tools.

Yeh i've seen him. Still rate Hill more. has had a poor season due to no pre season and shin splints, but next season i would much rather Hill in my side than Hartlett.

Hartlett has been plagued by injuries so far in his career. If he can get his body right, he'll be an absolute gun. While not as flashy, will be better than Hill IMO.

With his natural pack marking ability, Sam Reid's going to be a monster.

I'm also convinced that Kieran Jack could win a brownlow.

When a future elite player comes along - it should be obvious (Eg. Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin).

Half the players in this thread will be delisted within 3 years.

You'd think Kane Lucas would be one at Carlton, but somehow I doubt he'll make it to star/elite level, had an ordinary year for the Bullants, think the Blues wasted a high draft pick on him.

Yarran will be the next Carlton star within 2 years

Hmm. Danger has potential, but thats all it is at the moment.

I think Sloane might get there with a few more pre seasons and a bit of Kicking practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back