Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartlett has been plagued by injuries so far in his career. If he can get his body right, he'll be an absolute gun. While not as flashy, will be better than Hill IMO.

I'm fairly confident Hartlett will never become a gun.

Been cruelled by injuries and hasn't even been able to get on the park, let alone develop his game.

Happens sometimes. When you see Gumbleton play you think he has all the tools to be a gun, except a reliable body. It's a shame, but it happens all the time. Would've bet large sums of money that Brandon Roy would tear the NBA to shreds, but his knees can't cope and he'll never be anything more than a player on the fringe of All-Star selection.

I'm fairly confident Hartlett will never become a gun.

Been cruelled by injuries and hasn't even been able to get on the park, let alone develop his game.

Happens sometimes. When you see Gumbleton play you think he has all the tools to be a gun, except a reliable body. It's a shame, but it happens all the time. Would've bet large sums of money that Brandon Roy would tear the NBA to shreds, but his knees can't cope and he'll never be anything more than a player on the fringe of All-Star selection.

I'm fairly confident he will be. As opposed to Gumbleton who has shown glimpses of being a gun every time Hartlett gets on the field he looks a gun.

Early career form can be misleading, we all thought Danyle Pearce and Rhys Palmer would be gun players after their first season, but they turned out to be lemons

One is always injured the other has only played 4 games of AFL. I'll take Boak thanks.

Hartlett looks like this will be his make or break year injury wise, what he has shown is something special its more him getting confidence in his body again

Boak look likes he will be nothing more than an A- is too inconsistant to be that "elite"

Butcher has played 4 games, and shown he could be anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Reid kick?

22 goals 26 behinds is a poor effort by a player will be elite.

If you want a 19 year old key position player to have a defect, it's goalkicking accuracy. Contested marking... much harder to teach.

Plus take out his 0-4 against Adelaide and his 2-5 against Richmond both in terrible conditions, and his stats look a bit better.

You'd think Kane Lucas would be one at Carlton, but somehow I doubt he'll make it to star/elite level, had an ordinary year for the Bullants, think the Blues wasted a high draft pick on him.

That's harsh. He won Carlton's best first year player award and while not tearing up games or anything, he'd shown alright form at senior level in his debut season, having a couple of really nice games. He picked up the pace of the game nicely, had reasonable enough disposal, a good overhead mark for his size and read the play pretty well, evidenced by him leading in intercepting marks from opposition kicks at the Blues.

Then came his first hamstring injury, and then another one in his second come-back game. At this time he underwent surergy on both hip-joints in an operation that was expected to put him about 9 months from full fitness. While regaining fitness in the Bullants this season he injured a medial ligament in his knee that kept him out for six weeks. He eventually made it back for one senior match and played pretty well IMO. Hopefully with an uninterrupted pre-season we can see more of what he can bring to the team.

If you want a 19 year old key position player to have a defect, it's goalkicking accuracy. Contested marking... much harder to teach.

Plus take out his 0-4 against Adelaide and his 2-5 against Richmond both in terrible conditions, and his stats look a bit better.
A very good example of you logic is Cloke

These are the players from each club I think have potential 'superstar' status:

Ade- Dangerfield, Sloane, Talia
BL- Rich, Luenberger, Redden
Car- Jamison, Yarran, Kruezer
Col- Sidebottom, Beams, Reid
Ess- Heppell, Hurley, Zaharakis
Fre- Hill, Fyfe, Silvagni
Gee- Duncan, Menzel, Hawkins
GC- Swallow, McKenzie, Smith
GWS- Scully, Ward, Davis
Haw- Shiels, Stratton, Rioli
Mel- Trengove, Frawley, Clark
NM- Harper, Goldstein, Ziebell
PA- Boak, Butcher, Hartlett
Ric- Martin, Cotchin, Vickery
StK- Steven, Sipposs, Stanley
Syd- Reid, Jack, Rohan
WCE- Shuey, NicNat, Darling
WB- Jones, Libba, Wallis

If I had to pick 1 from each, it would be: Talia, Rich, Kruezer, Reid, Hurley, Fyfe, Duncan, Swallow, Ward, Shiels, Trengove, Harper, Boak, Cotchin, Steven, Reid, NicNat and Libba. I've excluded players who are already (IMO) elite

In the immediate future, Colin Sylvia, with any luck. Frawley is already there.

Focusing on the younger brigade, Jack Watts, Trengove and Grimes.

Kicking is the hardest thing to improve. Once the die is set, it's a lot harder to change your action and break old habits. Bad kicking for goal in the last quarter was one reason we were knocked out of the finals.
Christensen - Ablettesque. Stephen Wells is a genius - probably the most influential person in football.
I hope you're comparing Christensen to Luke Ablett. Christensen isn't as freakish and as talented as Gary Ablett jnr who is a much bigger unit. Won't ever be that great. Christensen reminds me of Stokes.

Rory Sloane

Gets himself involved in the game and can get to two and three contests in a row in the middle of the ground. Is our best prospect IMO.

Sloane's a nice player and all, but he'll never be the gamebreaker that Dangerfield could become.

Danger and Walker would be the two I'd pick from the Crows as most likely to be our next stars.

I'd rate Mackay as more likely than Sloane as well if he could put together an injury free season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back