Who will coach the Eagles in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night they mentioned on 6PR that the interviews were completed and the board were meeting Tuesday night to decide, they'd notify the successor today who would inturn notify his club today and the press conference would be on Thursday to announce it to the public.

If that's the case, we'll know sometime today. The media always has a knack of finding these things out before the official presser.

Footballing brain that man has. Hopefully true, no doubt that he would have blown them away with his presentation.

Pfft, blown away.

I could have blown away the committee if I could have presented a strong enough wind machine. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to and thus probably won't be coach next year.

Pfft, blown away.

I could have blown away the committee if I could have presented a strong enough wind machine. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to and thus probably won't be coach next year.

But I had money on you.:(

Seems its down to Sumich or Simpson and I'd be happy with either one of those.

I'd expect that Burns will leave after being overlooked which leaves us with at least 3 assistant roles to fill. Would love one of those spots to be Voss as senior assistant.

Any thoughts on the others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is Sumich what are they waiting for to make the announcement.. THE RIGHT MOMENT!* Hopefully the longer it takes maybe leans more in Simpson's favour. The board are mulling tooo much mulling.

From Trade Radio Tweet.

"Tomorrow's big news will likely centre around West Coast choosing its new coach. It now appears to be a two-horse race between Hawk assistant Adam Simpson and Freo assistant Peter Sumich. Simpson has three premierships to his name - two as a player with North one and one with Hawthorn as an assistant - while Sumich, despite two seasons under Ross Lyon at Freo is a favourite son at West Coast"

Seems Vic Media cannot be bothered doing much background on Suma. By my calculations Suma has three premierships too.

I hope they go for the coach that presented the best, not just the coach with the strongest ties to WC.

Make the right decision FFS. If that is Simpson, then so be it. WC board don't play favorites or just offer jobs to mates if Suma ain't the right guy and blow this opportunity.

Agreed.

However I also hope that if Sumich does get appointed it isn't automatically assumed that it was a job for the boys appointment

Seems its down to Sumich or Simpson and I'd be happy with either one of those.

I'd expect that Burns will leave after being overlooked which leaves us with at least 3 assistant roles to fill. Would love one of those spots to be Voss as senior assistant.

Any thoughts on the others?
I thought Voss was already at Collingwood as Buckley's assistant or did I just read some bs?

Agreed.

However I also hope that if Sumich does get appointed it isn't automatically assumed that it was a job for the boys appointment

Was just going to say, how will people decide, if Suma gets it, whether it's on merits or due to link to the club? It simply has to be preconceived ideas that people hold about the clubs management/Sumas ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back