Who will coach the Eagles in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the man, he was my childhood hero, I'm just pointing out his coaching tenure hasn't exactly been a huge success when you look at it from a certain point of view.

2005 and 2007 will always be lost opportunities. The 2007 team was probably even better than 2006 but Cuz went off the rails and Juddy got injured, which ruined our chances.

You need to remember ( and some clearly and very quickly forget ) is that under Woosha we rebuilt in 4 years and in some way that is hurting us now with our depth but to get back to within one game of the GF in 4 years after loosing the 2 best mids in the game is bloody good. Take a look at Richmond, Carlton, Norf, Bullies, Dees, and the rest. We have done very well and always will. We will be back in the top 6 next year too barring an injury crises like we had this year.

Still cannot believe the rubbish I am reading here. "One point away from a decade of misery"? Yeah, it sure was horrible all those years spanking team after team on those great afternoons at Subi. And those multiple finals appearances. Go ask a Bulldogs fan what a decade of misery is like.

Sumich "sounds dumb", "sounds like a plonker". In that case, discount anyone that doesn't talk like a college professor. Maybe discount people that are ugly as well? May as well if we are going to go after what somebody sounds like.

Personally, I think Sumich has done more than enough of an apprenticeship and has most recently worked under the one of the three best coaches this season.

He has never been out of work in an era where assistant coaches are fired in a heartbeat. If he had been the head coach at another club and stunk it up, I could understand peoples reservations.

In the end, does it really matter who is sitting in the box on game day? I would have thought as Eagles fans, we demand and expect success. Therefore, more wins, more finals and more flags. Who is actually steering the ship is irrelevant if the wins are coming.

But I understand that after such a crap year we all need someone to blame but Woosh has been a hero to us all and instead of blaming him the players need to take a heap of blame too. Who knows what our game plan may have looked like if they pulled their fingers out and stoped looking at themselves in the mirror instead of thinking about the game.

I'm not sure about Clarkson.
Worsfold was many things but he wasn't a dislikable coach.
Clarkson is part maniac.

So is Malthouse ...

Barring him murdering small children, I want the best coach.

That is Clarkson,

Build a side - yep
Build a strong culture - yep
Win flags - yep
Innovative and can create and change gameplans - yep

Best coach in the league.

We wont get him, but I'm glad we made the effort. I'm only disappointed we went to hawthorn rather than just offering an obscene amount of money to his manager to present to him Monday.

Kim Hagdorn reckons Sumich likely to be appointed by the end of the week . WCE are interviewing Simpson , Tudor and Ian Richardson from PA all this week though , seems that Burns missed out on the Melbourne Paul Roos assistant position and will be offered another contract as midfield coach under Sumich should Sumich be successful .

Some good candidates in Simpson , Tudor and Richardson and the independent review of our coaching group will meet with WCE management tomorrow .

We were one dodgy mark away from back to back premierships - depends which way you look at it.
We were just 8-10 games away from the 2013 Premiership.

#amidoingitright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim Hagdorn reckons Sumich likely to be appointed by the end of the week . WCE are interviewing Simpson , Tudor and Ian Richardson from PA all this week though , seems that Burns missed out on the Melbourne Paul Roos assistant position and will be offered another contract as midfield coach under Sumich should Sumich be successful .

Some good candidates in Simpson , Tudor and Richardson and the independent review of our coaching group will meet with WCE management tomorrow .

He only says that because he's being interviewed by the Eagles tomorrow, as well as four other coaching prospects, more of an attention grabbing headline than anything

...seems that Burns missed out on the Melbourne Paul Roos assistant position and will be offered another contract as midfield coach under Sumich should Sumich be successful .

What has Burns done to win himself a new contract? Seems like his area has gone backwards. Surely whoever is appointed will have the final say in Burns staying on or not.

Interestingly there were reports back in the day that Woosha did not interview that well in 2001 but he got the job anyway because of a push by members and because he was the great John Worsfold and deserved a shot because of what he had done for the club. It all worked out well in the end but if Juddy hadn't fallen into our laps it might have been different.
Thats how I remember it - people power spoke.
I think the club has a strong culture so a coach will need to support it but not build it.

I hope we focus on our two key weaknesses in selecting a coach:
Building a game plan and supporting team structure through trading and recruiting strategically.

We need to de Woodhouse the Eagles.

When you think about it we were 1 point away from a decade of misery under Worsfold. Glad it all worked out.

...when you think about it Freo was only 15 points away from success??.....what does this fact mean exactly you ask...sweet **** all!!
Woosha
Coached 2 GF's ...won one.
Ross Lyon
Coached 4 GF's....won none.

What counts.....RESULTS!!!!!!

Thats how I remember it - people power spoke.
I think the club has a strong culture so a coach will need to support it but not build it.

I hope we focus on our two key weaknesses in selecting a coach:
Building a game plan and supporting team structure through trading and recruiting strategically.

We need to de Woodhouse the Eagles.

Woodhouse has been poor with his recruiting in recent times

Is Woodhouse still in charge? I thought he was just a WA scout these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back