Preview Who will have a breakout year in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

In order to win the flag, we will need 3 or 4 players to "have a break out year".
But for me, it will be Mr Tippett.

not being a smart ass here or anything, genuinely curious. What makes people think that Tippett can go from being a reserves standard defender to that 'gorilla' type beast that we need to combat the likes of Hawkins, Cloke etc?

He may not become a gorilla-defender but he doesn't need to in order to have a break-out year. His games leading up to his pectoral tear were very solid.
If he can become a reliable third defender I will consider it a break-out year.

not being a smart ass here or anything, genuinely curious. What makes people think that Tippett can go from being a reserves standard defender to that 'gorilla' type beast that we need to combat the likes of Hawkins, Cloke etc?

He just will.

You said nothing about excluding supported club bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he showed he can be AFL standard in the games he did play this year, and the fact he is building his body deliberately to combat that type suggests that is what he's aiming for, I don't see why he can't achieve it. Hopefully will have the right balance of athleticism, strength, and smarts.

Honestly I worry when some of us are more than willing to write a player off before a ball is bounced. In a prediction thread.
Someone says they are genuinely curious and they're writing someone off? Even if they are, don't worry. It's BF. Take a blue pill and relax.

Someone says they are genuinely curious and they're writing someone off? Even if they are, don't worry. It's BF. Take a blue pill and relax.
Don't talk down to me. People want to criticise my choice and I will tell them to nick off.

Putting Tippett down by calling him not-AFL standard will be interpreted as I please.

Take your own advice.

I think Waite will be our number 1 forward in terms of goals, marks and targets. McMillan to become the spearhead the defence leadership wise. Swallow makes the leap to an All-Aus selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Who will have a breakout year in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back