Who will the Hawks pick up in the National and Pre Season Drafts??

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be rapt if the Hawks were able to pick up Deledio with pick 2, I just don't think it will happen! Dunn will definately not be picked up with pick 7, as he is seen as someone who clubs may take a punt on late in the draft, Hawthorn will not waste pick 7 on him! They will take a KPP with pick 5 unless both Franklin and Roughead are gone, then they will take whoever is left of Tambling or Griffen, either way they are garunteed 2 gun players! I'm thinking they will take a ruckman at 7, but may hold off and opt for another midfielder/KPP. All in all it shapes as a interesting draft as it is so difficult to pick who will go where!

Footymad said:
Bate - Won't be there at 21. Brisbane will take him at 18.

Pick 53 if they utilise it, will be on a developing player who may go high next year.
Sorry mate Bate won't be there at 18 either. Hawthorn are showing serious interest in drafting him with pick 7 and were round his place last week to meet the family. No certainty to go 7 but i would be surprised if he lasted past top ten. Also looks like wood will be going to the bulldogs at 6.

hawks chances

At the moment if hawks got anyone out of tambling deledio franklin griffen roughead i'd be stoked, and we're gonna most likely get two of those 5 as richmond will as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if franklin goes first.
we haven't seen him as much as he's from w.a but surely sounds like the gun type, can play wing or kep position, booming left foot kick, extremely pacy... WA people rate him very very highly. I'd hate to be in the recruiters position .there are arguments for tambling franklin deledio for no 1 pick, griffen has to be up there too, where roughead will go 5 unless dogs take him at 3 I feel.

TOP 5 (How I think it'll go) (How I want it to go)
1. Deledio Deledio
2. Tambling Franklin
3.Franklin Tambling
4.Griffen Roughead
5. Roughead Griffen

This way hawks get the best key position player franklin, and griffen a top midfielder.

Yeah, I hope the Tigers pick up Franklin at number 1, so that Hawthorn get Deledio at number 2, if not, Franklin or Tambling at 2, then whoever is left over at 5, Bate at 10 might not be a bad idea as he has plenty of scope for improvement!

boyz boyz boyz, ya missing one player that the hawks will pick up. a little rupie called matt little, they hav lost nathan thompson and in 2 years time he will be a permanent fixture in hawthorns side at full forward, maybe even the next jason dunstall. i cant believe you have not even mentioned him yet. very disappointing

juiceebangers said:
boyz boyz boyz, ya missing one player that the hawks will pick up. a little rupie called matt little, they hav lost nathan thompson and in 2 years time he will be a permanent fixture in hawthorns side at full forward, maybe even the next jason dunstall. i cant believe you have not even mentioned him yet. very disappointing
the kids has great hands and is pretty accurate i must say.
However at AFL level he would be a HFF at best.
might get picked up around the 40,s to 50,s.

cheers!

tiger of old said:
1-Deledio
2-Franklin
3-Roughead
4-Griffen
5-Tambling
6-Wood
7-Meeson
8-Monfries
9-De-luca
10-Meyer/Eckerman

That's pretty good for everyone. Richmond gets two of the best three midfielders, dogs get key position player and best ruckman, hawks get best key position player and tambling, labelled as one of the best aboriginal players of all time.

Slick said:
Ipick 2, I Dunn will definately not be picked up with pick 7,{QUOTE]

Maybe not 7 mate but i assure you he will go failry high, he wasnt even going to apply for the special considerations but clubs made sure he did putting pressure on the kid so he gained the specia considerations from the AFL. I put my house that he will go first round and early 2nd at the absoloute latest, suggesting his gonna be a late draft punt is very amusing and silly.

Im saying that every year there is a massive suprise in the draft and i think Dunn will be this years suprise, the kid is 192-193 and weighs in around 91-92 kgs he moves well and has excellent hands and as a bottom ager for the Cannons was more than pivotal to the teams success.

cheers

" I Dunn will definately not be picked up with pick 7 "

I'd bet you a million dollars he wont go in the first round! even if there is a suprise packet, i bet you its not him!

tige19 said:
Slick said:
Ipick 2, I Dunn will definately not be picked up with pick 7,{QUOTE]

Maybe not 7 mate but i assure you he will go failry high, he wasnt even going to apply for the special considerations but clubs made sure he did putting pressure on the kid so he gained the specia considerations from the AFL. I put my house that he will go first round and early 2nd at the absoloute latest, suggesting his gonna be a late draft punt is very amusing and silly.

Im saying that every year there is a massive suprise in the draft and i think Dunn will be this years suprise, the kid is 192-193 and weighs in around 91-92 kgs he moves well and has excellent hands and as a bottom ager for the Cannons was more than pivotal to the teams success.

cheers

where do you live?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way that the Hawks would have traded pick 10 for pick 7 just to pick up Dunn! They are going for a ruck, a KPP or Angus Monfries with that pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will the Hawks pick up in the National and Pre Season Drafts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back