Who will win on Sunday at AAMI?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose we aren't going to reach the flag this year - lets be realistic.
We've been top 4 for 4 years, minor premiers for 3. You can only stretch a window of opportunity so far before you have to regroup - if not wholesale rebuild.

And we'll need to regroup. Which would mean NOT playing those players who'd be around for our next serious shot at a flag - which I'd put at 2007 if we don't make the finals this year. That means no point playing any of the following :

Cochrane
Poulton
Montgomery
Wakelin (despite doing very well this year)
Kingsley

That said I hope we bounce back this weekend and go on and defend our crown.

I would've been behind removing Wakes last year, but not when he's in career best form. Young defenders get good by playing with good defenders. Hell, that goes for any position.

You don't get rid of players in good form for any reason. Players in middling to poor form, go for it.

Oh, and Paxman was definitely ditched a year early.

Porthos said:
I would've been behind removing Wakes last year, but not when he's in career best form. Young defenders get good by playing with good defenders. Hell, that goes for any position.

You don't get rid of players in good form for any reason. Players in middling to poor form, go for it.

Oh, and Paxman was definitely ditched a year early.
I think Wakes is in good form. It's hard to pick sometimes what a good defender is doing but in the Carlton game when he was moved onto Fevola he kept him quiet whereas Fev had been running riot until then. We definitely shouldn't drop him.

Yep Packo was dropped a year early although it didn't hurt us last year. He was good for another year of hitting his opponents arm to prevent him marking, plus runing forward to sneak the odd goal. I'd have loved to see him get a premiership medallion.

I've tipped Port. I look at the way an out of form Brisbane bounced back last week against Essendon. We can do the same. We must win. This is the week we turn it around.

Despite the history, Port wont be easy to beat at home. Getting a hiding from the Tigers will either demoralise or spur them on. It is hard to say what will happen. I do not think we have played all that well in recent weeks so I still think Port would be favourites on their home pitch.

My prediction is... if Port kick it to Tredrea 95% of the time going forwards then Port will lose. If they manage to use other targets going forwards then they will get over the line.

Almost every time we play Port too much is expected of Tredrea and he is forced very wide or far outside of 50m where his accuracy is a little wonky. If it gets predictable we will more than likely drop the ruckman back to block the corridor and Archer/Colbert will run off their players to the contest if their men are not directed the ball.

Anyway, hope it is a good game. Go Roos!

DIG said:
From an entirely neutral perspective, Port used up F-all energy last week getting towelled by the Tigers. They should be fresh to hit North with everything they've got - and if they don't then they ain't for real and their season's pretty much shot.

IIRC last year after Port got flogged by 100 odd at TDome (against Roos ironically), they came out next week at home full of beans and won in a canter. If i recall correctly...

Port by 46.

OK - i was 1 point off, but you can't win em all...

Top win Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will win on Sunday at AAMI?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back