Who would you like to win the flag if we don't ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely Hawks..... solely based on my limited encounter with their fans who are knowledgeable and friendly. Complete polar opposites to Sydney/Geelong people.

Hawks. Port. Cats. lol Norf. Sydney in that order.

Academy concessions shit me far more than COLA (having actually paid rent in the inner west for a while), especially when people say 'oh it's just like the F/S rule'. Yes. That VFL rule.

WANT TO WIN
Hawthorn Hawks, I've got so much respect for this classy side. Great coach and culture. Their success is from hard work nothing was given to them.

CAN FU@K OFF AND DIE
AFL Swans, are a disgrace. No fans, no money. Everything is given to them by the AFL. Disgusting club.

I would go Hawthorn too but I find the Sydney hate in here puzzling. I don't like the concessions Sydney get, but I admire Longmire and the way they play. Damn good team.
I recently cannot stand Geelong players, fans, anything associated with that shit stain of a place. Anyone but Geelong.

About the same here, Hawthorn by default and because we had a ball in Melbourne last year despite the loss.

Sydney would make BigFooty unbearable not with their own fans but the endless COLA, bought premiership posts that would take a decade or two to die off. North Meh and Geelong have enough already.

So Port second choice, yeah it would hurt a little to see them win a second before we win one but seriously they were a basket case just two seasons ago, bay covers and all. I remember BF laughing it's ass off as coach after coach turned down the job and Hinkley almost seemed like that one guy who doesn't realise everyone else has taken a step back when asked for a volunteer. Finals in the first year, talent all over the park, crowds back and even though David Koch makes my teeth hurt he seems like another good move. Then this year to back it up and prove it wasn't just a fluke and an easy fixture... it wouldn't hurt that much and the sooner someone wins it from outside the top four the better.

I would go Hawthorn too but I find the Sydney hate in here puzzling. I don't like the concessions Sydney get, but I admire Longmire and the way they play. Damn good team.

They are a good team. But there will always be a doubt in my mind if they won because of the extra cola money they had. I'm not good at this trade thing, but I assume if we had an extra million a year, I'm sure we can at least bring in Riewoldt and Harry Taylor for Suban and MDB. That how propped up they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its informative to go through the Swans list and see how many of their good players are rejects from other clubs or picked up with late draft picks and even on the rookie list. Perhaps part of the reason they have room for a few stars at the top is because they've picked up a large part of their list on the cheap.
Luke Parker was pick 40 in 2010.
Rampe came out of the rookie draft
Smith was a rookie.
they traded Richards, McGlynn, Shaw and Kennedy in who were unwanted where they were.
Hanneberry was a second rounder
It goes on. Its good drafting and trading. And don't think Freo wouldn't have moved heaven and earth to find a way to pay Buddy and Tippet if they had wanted to come here. Sydney is a great city, the Swans are a supper professional club. Players want to go there.
And in the end it wasn't Buddy and Tippett who beat us last week, it was Smith and Rampe who killed our forward and the likes of Kennedy and Parker in the middle who schooled our boys.

To answer the question: Port. But Hawks deserve it most and I won't be unhappy to see them win.

Sydney for me, quite like their team on a whole and its the AFLs fault not the Swans that they have the COLA.
It is their fault. Continuous threats from Sydney and their sponsors to the Afl. Non stop, if we lose a game all our fans will leave propaganda. Afl spineless, Sydney manipulative. Supported Sydney last time. no more. I'll go to Bunnings on Grand final day, lot more interesting.

Its informative to go through the Swans list and see how many of their good players are rejects from other clubs or picked up with late draft picks and even on the rookie list. Perhaps part of the reason they have room for a few stars at the top is because they've picked up a large part of their list on the cheap.
Luke Parker was pick 40 in 2010.
Rampe came out of the rookie draft
Smith was a rookie.
they traded Richards, McGlynn, Shaw and Kennedy in who were unwanted where they were.
Hanneberry was a second rounder
It goes on. Its good drafting and trading. And don't think Freo wouldn't have moved heaven and earth to find a way to pay Buddy and Tippet if they had wanted to come here. Sydney is a great city, the Swans are a supper professional club. Players want to go there.
And in the end it wasn't Buddy and Tippett who beat us last week, it was Smith and Rampe who killed our forward and the likes of Kennedy and Parker in the middle who schooled our boys.

To answer the question: Port. But Hawks deserve it most and I won't be unhappy to see them win.
Exactly, they know their stuff. They can compete more than adequately with the big boys and better than the rest. No more special treatment they are not a developing club. They have been in the competition 30 years and have had more than their fair share of success. Level playing field for all developed clubs. Academy plays at close to market value or not at all.

Swans threaten to scale down their NSW development

Sydney has threatened to radically scale down its investment in developing the game in NSW should the AFL revise the bidding system in a move which could force the club to pay a higher price for prize recruits.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...development-20140721-zvgg0.html#ixzz3CneUVby0

Hang on... so they're allowed to hold the AFL hostage by saying they won't put money in NSW player development if the AFL revise the concessions they get from putting the money into grassroots footy - but it's money that the AFL hands them anyway?

Why the heck doesn't the AFL then just develop the game in NSW themselves without going through a middleman?

Or am I understanding this wrong?

Edit: In an ideal world, AFL to tell the Swans to GAGF and hand the concessions to GWS, but that's a pretty shit solution as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you like to win the flag if we don't ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back