Who would you pick to take a kick after the siren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, I didn't read it properly.

Um Outside 50, Pav. Inside fifty Keplar. Boundary: Walters or ballantyne.

i dont think pavs mum would choose him to kick after the siren. that being said, if it was long 50 meter kick, i would choose pav, if it's inside 30 meters, walters, or mzungu.

Yea, fair enough, but he's also a pretty good kick too all the other stuff aside.

Having said that, I'd go something like

Outside 50:
Pav then Keps (actually maybe the other way round mmm ... not sure.)

Inside 50:
Mundy (though I like the MZu suggestion)

Inside 50 tricky angle:
Walters

Past Players:
J-Lo

Duffman is another player I'd like to take.

BTW, if Chappy was in our team I'd probably say him too.

Nice Papa! I would pick all these, but add these two more options just in case the scenario ever came about...

Defensive 50:
Clancee Pearce (thunder thighs can roost a big one)

Defensive Goal Square:
Nathan Fyfe (he is so smart he would find a way)

Mundy or Pavlich, would feel reasonably confident with either.

If it was a running goal from the 50m arc with 10 seconds left, Hill every time.

My first thought whenever I hear a question like this one is the following quote:
Healy: Word is this guy is the most reliable kick for goal in the side. They say down at Collingwood if you had to have someone kicking for your life, Tarkyn Lockyer would be the man
Commetti: Id prefer my mum
(silence)
Commetti: Not a great footballer, but at least she'd care.

But given that Mrs Commetti is not a part of the team, I'd still be happiest with Fyfe, with Pav having a quiet word in his ear beforehand to calm the nerves.

From Freo, I would have thought it'd be a no brainer. Jack Anthony. I still have nightmares from the Coll v Adel final a few years back. 40m out, on an angle, seconds left on the clock. From the moment he began to line up, it was never going to miss. The guy can handle the pressure and has an incredibly accurate kick.

From Freo, I would have thought it'd be a no brainer. Jack Anthony. I still have nightmares from the Coll v Adel final a few years back. 40m out, on an angle, seconds left on the clock. From the moment he began to line up, it was never going to miss. The guy can handle the pressure and has an incredibly accurate kick.

True, but a lot has changed since then, who knows where his head is at right now.

I'd back Fyfe. Sure he might shank the odd field kick but he seems to have that game winning ability and would lift for the occassion.

The Geelong one wasn't the bad one, it was two others during the season (swans and blues iirc) where he missing crucial shots in the last and we ended up getting rolled.

The point i'm making is that Pav wouldn't say himself. He wouldn't WANT to be taking the shot because he doesn't have that attitude and some might say arrogance.

Walters is another good pick.

My point is if you want to be an elite sportsman you have to be guy who wants to take the key and know that would nail it. I don't think Pav is like that.

Its like who would you give the ball to in the last over of a test match? Warne or Murali - comparible records at test level, but you'd pick Warne, because he would want it more.
You're right.. Pav isn't like that because he doesn't have a huge ego and is a team player. Sure Chapman picked himself, but he isn't the Captain of his club. Deep inside Pavlich would back himself in every time to kick the goal, I have no doubt in that.

I'm not sure he remembers what the ball looks like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Broughton.

Best temperament at the club and a fantastic set shot.

We dont see it much, but it's as smooth and technically correct as you'll see, not much can go wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you pick to take a kick after the siren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back