Who would you rather, Bowden, Notting, Salopek, Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

I would make sure that we entice a young midfield gun like Salopek in the preseason draft. Knowing that we have an extra onballer in Salopek i would than take Deledio with number one and then concentrate on the best two talls with pick 4 and 12. Forget Bowden, Notting and Miller if we can get Salopek. Salopek is coming off a season where he had glandular fever. Was a high draft choice with huge expectations and performances. Good size, very quick and skilled, hard at it and would really thrive back home in Victoria. Also much younger than Pat Bowden, who i think will not improve much. Miller and Wallace will make a big mistake if they do not go at him hard to come back to Richmond.

tiger of old said:
isnt salopek still under contract?

cheers!

Thats what I thought.

I hope we get;
1st preference: Bowden
2nd: Notting
3rd: Miller
4th: Salopek

We would be mad to pass on Salopek (as much as I like the idea of getting Bowden)

Edit: but apparently Salopek is under contract according to some Port fans, can anyone clarify?

tiger of old said:
Bowden ahead of Notting + salopek? :eek:
Miller i would grab with our 2nd pick in the PSD if we can afford it.

cheers!

Yes. Notting is in a star team - he has very good players around him. Who knows what hes like in a team with no where near as much ability? I have always liked Notting and the way he goes about things but id rather be safe (Bowden being in a bad team) rather then sorry. Bowden is also taller then Notting (by 3 cms) which isnt much but we really need taller players in the 190+ cm category. Im pretty sure hes also younger.

Salopek is an interesting one. I think the reason we all have big wraps on him is because he played really well against us (kicked 3 goals I think). Im still pretty sure hes contracted :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Notting is 26 and the absolute peak of his powers but still a depth player who capitalises on being on the oppositions 10th best player.

Brad Miller is a 21 year old genuine CHF who is on the rise. He would be far and away the best option.

Pat Bowden is a 23 year old, 3rd string forward who goes to water when asked to play in front. He's the guy we'll get but he won't do much.

Steve Salopek lacks leg speed and we don't really need him with Johnson and Coughlan in the team. He'd be handy but probably not at the price he would command.

Patrick Bowden is a 23 year old getting one and a half goals per match and is one of the softest players going around in the competion. A slightly classier version of Adam Houlihan.

Just becuase Joel Bowden enjoyed one of his two good years for the club this year don't be confused into thinking that anyone with the same surname wll be just as good.

evo said:
Richard Hadley.Tall inside midfielder,will be a great player in years to come.Mathews really rates him.Out of contract.Go get him Miller.

here here

but id be stunned if the lions didnt re-sign him!

next in line id take miller or salopek, i dont rate P. Bowden and notting is a nice player but wouldnt be able to perform in an underperforming side like ours

Notting would be last on that list, far older than any of the others, inconsistent with the Lions, one of those players in my opinion that would struggle when not surrounded by a quality midfield.

1. Salopek: Classy young midfielder, everything we need
2. Miller: KPP we need
3. Bowden: Versatile, cheapest of the lot, sentimental choice
4. Notting: as described above

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you rather, Bowden, Notting, Salopek, Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back