Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His 2 best games have come in 90+ point wins against arguably the 2 worst teams in the comp, I expect him to turn one on in one of these finals but so far he hasn't dominated against great opposition. Is he the best young key position prospect? Yes, by a long shot. But I'm not taking him over a 21 year old generational talent mid. Curnow or Bont? Buddy or Ablett? More often then not you would take the mid over the key forward, give it 5 years and i may feel a different way but for now id take Daicos. But that's just my opinion.
I don't think you understand the point.

Of course Daicos has achieved more/is more advanced right now. However, the question is posed for the future so you need to try to forecast their trajectories. What they've both achieved to this point is somewhat irrelevant unless you think neither of them will get any better.

If you think picking the mid is always the best choice then that's fair enough reasoning.

Contest possessions are a false metric.
Anyone who watches daicos can see he isn't in a contest most of the time, yet his stats say otherwise.
Same applies for marks. A mark on a lead is considered contested.
A mark where someone drops off their opponent and co.pletely mistimed a spoil without putting an ounce of pressure on is considered contested

None of what you wrote in this post is either accurate or true

Surely it comes down to what your team needs doesn’t it? If you’re Geelong for example and you have a gun forward line but a midfield that is just meh, you take Daicos. If you’re Port and have a gun midfield but an average forward line, you take Darcy. If you’re Richmond you just pray and desperately hope both are available.

Darcy but if he doesn't become an accurate kick, then its a waste of potential talent and you'd rather a powerful mid like Daicos. Will have just about everything else in the next few years but the goal kicking component just about outweighs everything else if he cant convert accurately.

Dogs actually need a proper goal kicking coach for the likes of JUH, Naughton and Darcy himself.

How hard is it to get a goal kicking coach like a Matty Lloyd to the club? Are they just not interested in doing the gig or is it a money problem with the club?

Thing is Darcy is genuinely a reliable set shot. I rarely have any worries when he's in front of goals. That game against Adelaide felt like a complete aberration, seemed business as usual the next week.

Naughton and JUH however, I honestly always feel like they're going to miss. Even if it's 15m out directly in front. I've seen them do it more than once, I know that anything is possible there.

Obviously prefer the f/s because Pies are the real family club. Really amazing to watch young Nick run around, and may be better than his dad.

If you were a neutral surely you go with Darcy? Hasn't done as much yet but staggering potential, and an actual ruck option plus an actual forward option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errol, Chad and Isaac feeding Darcy would break footy.

Daicos is nice but we've had a decade of Jake Lloyd racking them up off half back with naught to show for it.

Darcy easily.

KPP players are much harder to find and replace then run of the mill part time midfielders and stat plodders off half back.

I won’t rate either player until Sam McClure tells me they’re definitely on the way out of <insert club>, heading to <insert expansion club> for <insert dollar amount> over <insert years>.

Wrong.

Contested mark - When a player takes a mark under physical pressure of an opponent or in a pack.

If you think contested marks are a worthless stat, I don't know what to tell you.
He said contested possessions not just contested marks.

Errol, Chad and Isaac feeding Darcy would break footy.

Daicos is nice but we've had a decade of Jake Lloyd racking them up off half back with naught to show for it.
Not sure of the relevance? The Pies have had 3 years of Nick Daicos and have plenty to show for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Back