Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So if your club had neither Cripps or Curnow, which one you are taking if you only had one selection?

The decision would be really hard for me if I had to choose between say Bont and the up and coming Darcy

Curnow

Buddy over any of the mids he played with, same with Lockett or Carey

Darcy is a star in the making

It's an interesting selection dilemma
A current All Australian winger who has just finished season 3 , or the potential AA centre half forward which is recognised as the position for the best players in the game , having just finished a debut season.
2024 was Darcy's 'debut season', despite being in the same draft as Daicos and having played games in both 2022 and 2023?

You really don't get much right, do you?

Nick Daicos vs Jason Horne-Francis
Nick Daicos vs Jai Newcombe
Nick Daicos vs Sam Walsh
Nick Daicos vs Will Ashcroft
Nick Daicos vs Zak Butters
Nick Daicos vs Errol Gulden
Nick Daicos vs Harry Sheezel
Nick Daicos vs Sam Darcy

The footy fan is desperate to compare any up and coming talent they can to Nick Daicos, in the hope he has a rival contender as the clear top young player in the game. He is the constant in every discussion, as deep down we all know he comes out on top.

Darcy by a mile, he already looks unbeatable at times and he's a stick figure. Imagine at 23-24 with another 10kgs of muscle. The best chance since Franklin to kick 100 goals in a season

Daicos is just a midfielder. He might be the best midfielder (debatable) but they are still a dime a dozen. There will probably be 20 midfielder drafted this year who can come in and do a serviceable enough job to make the difference between them and Daicos negligible

Depends on your list management requirements.

Hawthorn probably need Darcy more so than Daicos because Mitch Lewis can't stay on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Daicos has the potential to average 40 disposals and 3+ goals a game in a season. Could arguably kick more goals in his prime than Darcy, The only value Darcy has over Nick is contested marking. Maybe he can also become an elite ruckman aswell as a forward? He is an awesome prospect and I am being a bit mischevious but arguably Sam Darcy won't even play as many good games as Nick has already played so how is this a contest?

He never said i think Daicos would care, that's a childish thing to write.
No, he asked if Daicos had taken a contested mark and that he doesnā€™t rate him as a player.

Now if you are in the same basket as the poster I was responding to then you are 1 of 2 things.

A . A troll
Or
B . No sweet f*** all about football.

So to respond with a grab of him with his premiership medallion isnā€™t a childish thing at all.

21 years old.

2 x AA, 1 x AFLCA , 1 x Rising Star, 1 x AFL Premiership

Best and Fairest imminent and Brownlow potentially pending.

So, itā€™s safe to say Daicos wouldnā€™t give a rats toss what a naysayer is saying on BF.

Nick Daicos vs Sam Walsh
Nick Daicos vs Sam Darcy

The footy fan is desperate to compare any up and coming talent they can to Nick Daicos, in the hope he has a rival contender as the clear top young player in the game. He is the constant in every discussion, as deep down we all know he comes out on top.

The only one I couldn't answer immediately out of the selection would be v JHF. I think JHF is more explosive and dynamic but Daicos has the smarts, the skills and the work ethic. For such a young player, the way he wills himself to repeat contests and actually makes it to them is amazing. When other young players are making errors late in games because they're fatigued, Daicos steps it up another notch. Phenomenal.

On exposed form, Daicos is an absolute freak and I can't think of anyone who has done more at a younger age. Take off your partisan hats and you gotta admit it's a joy to watch him do his thing.

To answer the question of the thread, I'd prefer to have Darcy, but only based on potential and sentiment. Daicos is clearly the better footballer at this point and is odds-on to be regarded as the better footballer over the long run.

Nick Daicos vs Sam Walsh
Nick Daicos vs Sam Darcy

The only one I couldn't answer immediately out of the selection would be v JHF. I think JHF is more explosive and dynamic but Daicos has the smarts, the skills and the work ethic. For such a young player, the way he wills himself to repeat contests and actually makes it to them is amazing. When other young players are making errors late in games because they're fatigued, Daicos steps it up another notch. Phenomenal.
Would actually like to see a Nick Daicos vs Jason Horne-Francis thread as both are future Hall of Famers imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you rather have, Nick Daicos or Sam Darcy?

Back