Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond folded knowing how I am I probably couldn't quit watching AFL, I enjoy it that much. I'll probably follow the Bulldogs.

Wouldn't care if we were banned for 10 years, I'd wait it out and be there round 1, 2023. Probably become a temporary pies fan cause my mate I go to games with is one.

If we actually folded I'd be done with the whole game, supporting another team would just feel wrong. I'd move to LA and buy season Lakers tickets. I watch AFL 4-5 games a week but it'd all be irrelevant without the Bombers.

If a club as big and important as the Bombers went down (very unlikely anyway) I suspect the AFL will grant a new licence to a completely unrelated and newly established Essendon Football Club. Don't think that the AFL is dumb enough to let hundreds of thousands of fans be lost to the game.

In the hypothetical if scenario...I suspect I'd watch AFL like I watch the finals when the Pies miss out...enjoy watching some of the best teams face off and perhaps pick a team who plays a style I like at the start of the season but it wouldn't be the same passion.

So what do Essendon supporters think? Will you guys jump on the Tigers bandwagon? Maybe the navy blue one or the Magpie one?
I'd rather rip my own dick off and throw it in a river of lava.

The only way my team would fold is for systematic cheating or drug usage which would mean i'd have to follow Carlton as that is the norm there so i'd fit in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imo the game has changed so much the only thing keeping me watching is the tiges or my team.. i know so many people of my age group who feel the same. there is a lot of disgruntlement about where the game has gone in the last 15 20 yrs.
have to say no tiges no afl footy for me.
I'm about the same, if we weren't in it I really couldn't be farrrked watching it, I rarely watch two other teams play these days, 15 years ago I'd watch every game of every round if possible. It was great.

Did you ever think that maybe a good thing :)
Generally I don't find the idea of tearing off an appendage and incinerating in within a molten river of death as a good thing, no.

But think of society.
I don't think society would like the idea of a grown man tearing off an appendage and incinerating it within a molten river of death either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back