Who's Hot and Who's Not? 2009 Dream team smokies and duds?

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell hasnt Bernie Vince been mentioned? Has obviously had a great pre-season. Looking at some of his scores last year, he is more then capable of averaging atleast 80+

Could easilly be the Salopek of this season.

Better options at his price.

How the hell hasnt Bernie Vince been mentioned? Has obviously had a great pre-season. Looking at some of his scores last year, he is more then capable of averaging atleast 80+

Could easilly be the Salopek of this season.

I agree, Bernie Vince could be a bargain. My concern thouhg is how many ADL mids can be bargains this year.

If you go buy BF then yr crazy if you dont take, Knights, Vince, Reilly, VanBerlo, Mackay, Ottens or Dangerfield. Really, where does it stop for ADL mids on BF, CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY:eek:

I agree, Bernie Vince could be a bargain. My concern thouhg is how many ADL mids can be bargains this year.

If you go buy BF then yr crazy if you dont take, Knights, Vince, Reilly, VanBerlo, Mackay, Ottens or Dangerfield. Really, where does it stop for ADL mids on BF, CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY:eek:

I think Vince is very awkwardly priced. If he were say 30,000 cheaper I'd probably have him as a lock. The thing with the Adelaide midfield is that its going through a change where some of the new names are starting to put their imprint on the team.

That is mainly why so many of the Crows look like solid options.

Knights I am not totally sold on, although there is no doubt he can find the ball. The same with Van Berlo. I think his defensive game is too valuable, especially with Shirley winding down, for him to become an out and out attacker (which is what I'd need him to do to pick him this year).

As far as the rest, I'd go Otten, Mackay, Reilly, Dangerfield in that order. Dangerfield last mainly because he will struggle the most to get a game. I would not be surprised if both Otten and Mackay added 20-25+ to their average this year.

Will the Woj fill Geelong's backline hole and post big scores as a link man in defence? Anyone?

He'll definitely be the one to fill the void, but I don't think he'll be a big scorer. Enright and Mackie will rack up more touches than him, he'll go on some fantastic runs though.

EVERYONE PICK DAVID MACKAY
*everyone with a decent knowledge of DT knows about him and he is at an incredibly sexy price
EfA :thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks FredNerk69. Have made some changes. Now reads as below (bit more strength in ruck......Whats the story with Ballentyne, how long he out for? what rookies do you suggest Frednerk 69??? :

Think Ive finally evened it out a bit in backs and ruck. Still need to lose a rookie in forward line though.....arghh! May wait till after round 2 for that when get clearer picture of the 1st year players and who polling well.

B: Hodge, Goddard, C Cornes, P Burgoyne, Lockyer, Houlihan, Collier (Post, Sloane on bench)

M: Swan, M Murphy, Dalziell, J Selwood, Skipworth, Rich (Beams, Robinson)

R: Cox, Koschitzke (Vickery, J Tippett)

F: Deledio, B Harvey, Giansiracusa, Higgins, Yarran, Sidebottom, Grant (Walker, Ballantyne)
I like this team mate...maybe ged rid of some of those rookies though. What do u think of this..

Backline: Hodge, S Fisher, Goddard, J King, R Clarke, Morris, Raines (Hill and Petrenko on the bench)

Midfield: Ablett, Palmer, Cousins, Slattery, Higgins, S Harding (Dangerfield and Meyer)

Ruck: Cox, Hille (Currie, Pyke)

Forward: Franklin, Fevola, J Riewoldt, Houlihan, Davey, Edwards, Skipworth (Thompson, Walker)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's Hot and Who's Not? 2009 Dream team smokies and duds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back