Who's just a little excited..

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 27, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Blackpool FC Perth Glory FC
Not going overboard with April Premiers and we have a big ask in front of the team with Geelong and St. Kilda.

It's just nice to have a great start to a season for once...

What's noticeable about Fremantle that I haven't observed before is there appears to be resolve and great spirit amongst the playing group. It was interesting watching your guys run over Essendon and suck the life out of them in the last quarter. You never let up and put the foot on the throat and pressed.

On a sidenote, I've not been high on Sandilands and have been quite vocal in that. I'm going to eat my words because he has been nothing short of outstanding in the past 2 games. Sandilands is now doing all the things he should be doing and what I questioned him for. It's a scary notion for opposing ruck man. He looks to have developed quite an on field understanding with Michael Barlow.

Well done Freo. Enjoy it and good luck against Geelong.

On a sidenote, I've not been high on Sandilands and have been quite vocal in that. I'm going to eat my words because he has been nothing short of outstanding in the past 2 games. Sandilands is now doing all the things he should be doing and what I questioned him for. It's a scary notion for opposing ruck man. He looks to have developed quite an on field understanding with Michael Barlow.

Well done Freo. Enjoy it and good luck against Geelong.

Cheers wapower.

On Sandi, he has been pretty consistent over the last few years but every now an again will play a game (like today and against Geelong in 2008) where he plays quite possibly the best, most complete game a ruckman could play.

We have improved all over the ground . Our defensive pressure is excellent but also we have gained players with good composure in tight situations .

Forward we have more options and talent . Mayne didnt play quite as well this week but still think hes gonna get better and better . Balla is a diamond and I would probably hate him if he was in another team.

Midfield we have also added more talent .

Simply put we have a larger number of skilled players in our ranks than previous years when we were had holes throughout our team.

No. Just taking it one week at a time, not getting ahead of myself here. A week is a long time in footy and things can change pretty quickly. I'll celebrate a bit tonight, but then tomorrow I will turn my full focus on the game against Geelong next week, and it will all be about that game and going through the process to ensure I am as well prepared as I can be and give myself the best chance of witnessing another win as I can.

;)

Well done, guys. Completely outplayed us in the second half and thoroughly deserved victory.

Plenty to be excited about. You've got a fantastic young team together and they're now developing that confidence and winning culture among the group. Best of luck for the remainder of the year :thumbsu:

You guys should be proud of yourselves. Being an eagles supporter, I usually hate you guys but I genuinely think that Freo's recruiting and coaching has been outstanding. Guys like Barlow and Broughton will be stars, and your club's list overhaul a few years ago seems to be paying off. Damn, if only we were like that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And also a pat on the back to the Freo supporters at the game.
I could hear the Freo chant from what could only of been a few hundred supporters...good work guys :thumbsu:

I'm very excited! Can't wait till next week to see how the boys go against the top team in the league.

There's a funny feeling in the pants region
I have a cream for that Lach
Good to see the team working as a team. As individuals and as a unit Freo has improved. Perhaps Harvey did have a master plan.
Freo 2-0
WC 0-2
Life in Perth will be good this week

And also a pat on the back to the Freo supporters at the game.
I could hear the Freo chant from what could only of been a few hundred supporters...good work guys :thumbsu:

Agreed - I was forced to listen to the game on the radio (Fox and Seven simultaneously showed the Swans game in NSW - inexplicable), and I could consistently hear "Freeeo" and "Dockers" chants. Nice work!

might call myself not that far away great win barlow is a jet backed up his first game 34 pos buy him a pub and a hot lookn bird now lets not lose him to those gold toast crap !

Good to see the team working as a team. As individuals and as a unit Freo has improved. Perhaps Harvey did have a master plan.
Freo 2-0
WC 0-2

Yeap life will be good, another quiet week from those birds.

Ballantyne had another good game too, eh blue?

Excited with a cap 'E'.

Very strong chance we hit game 5 with Rhys back at 3-1 or 2-2, either result far from the naysayers doom and gloom 0-4 start. Nation starting to take notice of Fremantle in a postive light.

Returning home triumphant and undefeated to face league benchmark on home ground. One week at a time.

Very proud of the team resolve and class.

Injuries abate, let us have this...

Freo 2-0
WC 0-2

Good to see you dodge a yellow card on the Essendon board too BG ..some slick Haydeness moves there.

I am shocked more than excited and I am looking forward to the Geelong game more than any other H&A fixture in memory.

I mean it is good to take a chance on youth and to bring in some talent.

It is good to see a player like Sandi move into a phase of their career which will be talked about for a long time to come.

It is good to see Pavlich rewarded ...he may have equals in the captaincy ranks but there is no better

It is good to see our recruiters at the moment are IMHO the leagues best over the last 2 years.

It is good to see I am an idiot. I lamented Swift going and getting stuck with Bally - I bow to the footy Gods for their kindness.

It is good to see our skills coach making an impact over at WC.

However it is going to be really, really good to see Memories post on how we are winning with no A grade midfielders.

Ive Said this before, and im sure i'll say it a gazillion more time but.................

BARLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done. You completely outplayed us. We were absolutely deplorable and you wouldn't let us get a string of goals together.

You're a massive chance at finals now. All the best for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's just a little excited..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back