• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tudor is looking more and more like another favourite to get the chop...like others I was intrigued by the comments of McAvaney and Dunstall on TV.

Yeah, as I was saying last night we only really see a slice of the whole process. Anyone who has ever been part of an interview panel in their organisation will tell you there is very often not a strong link between the best resume and the best overall candidate.

I don't think any of us here could give an informed comment on Tudor's leadership or communication skills. All we really have to go on is the fact that he has been at a few clubs when they have been successful.

Malcolm Holmes is quoted as saying we have another candidate to interview this week. This isn't the action of a coaching appointment panel that has already reached a decision.

Let's see how this new candidate *cough* Richardson *cough* goes first ;)

Mark Harvey changing his mind?

Mark Harvey changing his mind?

Could be... But just seems so much movement regarding Richardson this week.

His name got mentioned a few places seemingly out of nowhere. Then Hinkley comes out and starts talking him up as the next great senior coach. Then Malcolm's comment... All within days of Port being eliminated from the finals.

The most interesting part of Hammo's article IMO:​

The coaching panel was originally commissioned to present two options butThe Courier-Mail has learned they now see it as their duty to identify the best candidate rather than ask the board to decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry to intrude guys. was just wondering if things have progressed down to 2/3 candidates for the head coach position? Thought this would be the best place to ask, cheers & all the best with finding your new coach

The Leppa/Craig article doesn't quite make sense. If they were the selected duo then why not announce it last week and not wait until the season is finished? We need as much time as possible to try and keep Yeo, Longer and Doc.

The knock on Tudor is that he is not the type to rally a group behind him and lead them into war. Fantastic footy smarts and knowledge of the game but does not have that steel needed for senior coaching. This is second hand information though so can't say if it's 100% accurate for sure.

The knock on Tudor is that he is not the type to rally a group behind him and lead them into war. Fantastic footy smarts and knowledge of the game but does not have that steel needed for senior coaching. This is second hand information though so can't say if it's 100% accurate for sure.

Yeah. The fact that I couldn't even find one interview with him on YouTube surprised me too.

I must admit that I used to regard Tudor as one of the most "vanilla" guys in the game when he was playing, a bit like Cheynee Stiller was for us I suppose, which is why I find it a bit hard to get excited by him as a coach. He's had great exposure to a number of successful programs though, so he'd certainly be in a position to introduce some new ideas.

I haven't found a coaching bandwagon worth climbing on yet, so like a few others I'm just hoping that Leigh gets to make the right call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back