• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Great quote from Lynch's article on news.com.au about Leppa.

As we headed up in a lift amid the post game euphoria of the Lions 2001 grand final celebrations, (i just remembered it was the 01 not 03.) he famously suggested to Leigh that “you’d be nothing without us (the players). “

This was in reference to post game radio commentary about Leigh possibly being one of the great coaches of all time. Leigh replied: “Yeh Leppa – without you guys I’d just be regarded as be the greatest player of all time”.

An outstanding response to put Leppa on the back foot by the only man who could get away with such a reply.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...or-the-long-haul/story-fndv8d6r-1226724390114

for what its worth i went to a footy luncheon on friday and david king from the kangeroos and now fox footy was guest speaker he said leppa will be coach and leigh will be running the place by the end of the week now the afl have got involved

for what its worth i went to a footy luncheon on friday and david king from the kangeroos and now fox footy was guest speaker he said leppa will be coach and leigh will be running the place by the end of the week now the afl have got involved

That would make a lot of people happy......fantastic to see Leigh Matthews still contributing to the club.......does he still live in Queensland?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Leppa does get the gig it will be interesting to see what happens with our Assistants. What kind of pull will Leppa have getting quality assistants on board. Whether or not Neil Craig is a senior assistant and if any of the current Assistants stay.

If Leppa gets the gig or Tudor or Simpson, I am going to declare a two year moratorium on any complaining, second guessing or questioning of the coach. I'm going to trust that they have a plan and accept that that plan may take a couple of years to bed in.

For me we need a outsider coming into coach. It has to be between Simpson and Tudor. They both have been involved with teams playing finals. That's what we need. I love to have Leppa, but I would hate the Voss situation to happen all over again.

For me we need a outsider coming into coach. It has to be between Simpson and Tudor. They both have been involved with teams playing finals. That's what we need. I love to have Leppa, but I would hate the Voss situation to happen all over again.

Completely different situation to Voss. Leppitsch has served his time and deserves his chance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Leppas had time, exposure and opportunity to learn from many different sources. He's been exposed to Lethal, Vossie, Hardwick as senior coaches, GOD, Williams and many other assistant coaches. In turn Hardwick spent time under Clarkson. There has been plenty of opportunity to learn from others and develop new ideas to avoid the group think issue rendered to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3 years as a coach inside Brisbane, 4 years as a coach outside.

Acceptable ratio.

Leppa might not have the well rounded experience of Tudor, but Tudor also seemed to arrive at clubs when their lists were largely already developed.

Leppa went to Richmond at a time where they were basically at the development stage where we are at right now. That is appealing.

I also had reservations about leppa replacing voss. But if he is the best candidate for the job then it shouldn't make a difference if he was once a player and assistant coach at the club. Wouldn't make sense that we would not hire the best available person just because he was once on the inside.

Leppas had time, exposure and opportunity to learn from many different sources. He's been exposed to Lethal, Vossie, Hardwick as senior coaches, GOD, Williams and many other assistant coaches. In turn Hardwick spent time under Clarkson. There has been plenty of opportunity to learn from others and develop new ideas to avoid the group think issue rendered to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I don't want the club to select Leppa because of his history with the club. If he is the best coach out of Simpson and Tudor then he should be the coach.

The fact that Simpson and Tudor have finals experience working alongside
two great coaches should be considered as the two front runners, due to the fact they both are involved with premiership winning teams.

Con Bouliopapdopoulos here.

Leppa is brilliant and will do a fantastic job with the Lions.

Has plenty of experience and worked alongside other experienced finals coaches (Ross Smith, Hardwick, Chocco) to change the culture of a football club that's been stuck in the wilderness for 30 years. I'd argue the work he's done with Richmond's defenders and defence in general is more than enough to give him a fair crack. Yes, a lions legend, but also done his apprenticeship and ready for a shot.

Wish Brisbane nothing but the best, really like what I saw in 2013.

Con Bouliopapdopoulos here.

Leppa is brilliant and will do a fantastic job with the Lions.

Has plenty of experience and worked alongside other experienced finals coaches (Ross Smith, Hardwick, Chocco) to change the culture of a football club that's been stuck in the wilderness for 30 years. I'd argue the work he's done with Richmond's defenders and defence in general is more than enough to give him a fair crack. Yes, a lions legend, but also done his apprenticeship and ready for a shot.

Wish Brisbane nothing but the best, really like what I saw in 2013.

If you are who you say you are... Will Leppa be completing a succession plan with Craig?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back