• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Appointing a coach on the basis of improving your chances of gaining a player doesn't sound like good policy to me.

Like buying a car to get the free steak knives.

Who says we want Martin anyway?

I'd love Martin at the club for his on field ability...The kid can play football..what I buy my membership for..If he wants to come to us that would be a nice turn around from the kids leaving..I have very little interest in the off field gossip...pretty well summed up in Lynchy's article..

The first thing Leppa needs to do will be to rectify whatever it is that has made these young players want to leave.
Significant investment into the football department is a priority.
The second thing might be whether to pursue disgruntled Richmond ace Dustin Martin. At least he’d know well what Martin is really like, without having to rely on media scuttlebutt which has painted him in a poor light.
It’s wrong of anyone to pass judgment without really knowing, and Leppa is perfectly placed to determine whether Martin, is the type of player and person that Brisbane should look to recruit.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...or-the-long-haul/story-fndv8d6r-1226724390114

I expect the complete opposite. I think very little changes will be made to the coaches box outside of Voss/Harvey replacements. We might add 1 extra assistant, but I don't think there will be a clean out this year. If expect a few changes next year as Leppa starts to mold the coaches box how he wants it, first season he will be settling into his new senior coaches chair before he looks to changes others.

Haven't we already stated that our coaching / development / support staff are not up to AFL standard and that the new coach will receive more "assistance"?

Unfortunately all 5, when you factor in Karnezis are gone :(.....let's hope the club realises how big a kick in the guts this actually is and coupled with the goings on this year, formally begins an investigation (must be independent) into every single department within the Brisbane Lions :thumbsu:

We need to have an investigation of the investigation, and we are now starting a rebuild of the rebuild.

Wow we truely are now the Melbourne Football club 6 months ago.

We need to have an investigation of the investigation, and we are now starting a rebuild of the rebuild.

Wow we truely are now the Melbourne Football club 6 months ago.

Would you really trust the results of an investigation organised by the current board :confused:

They seem to be sliiiiiightly out of touch with how a professional football club should be run :p

The lost opportunities for Haso to post Simpsons gifs are too much to comprehend.
Stupid sexy Leppa.

JocypgI.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get it with the whole clarkson quitting hawks if they dont win a premiership this year...what happens to Ross Lyon if he loses yet another GF?

I guess that it is the case that Hawthorn have been premiership contenders for a few years now. Perhaps the thought process is that he has underachieved if he doesn't win another flag and that the players might need someone else to give them the edge to win a premiership.

Having said that, if he wins a flag, does he then move on knowing that he's achieved what he set out to do?

I do find the whole Clarkson situation strange.

A tap ruckman? B.Plug? Farrah Fawcett?

Excellent.
This club may have its problems, but no one could ever question the ability of its supporters to come up with puns.

I guess that it is the case that Hawthorn have been premiership contenders for a few years now. Perhaps the thought process is that he has underachieved if he doesn't win another flag and that the players might need someone else to give them the edge to win a premiership.

Having said that, if he wins a flag, does he then move on knowing that he's achieved what he set out to do?

I do find the whole Clarkson situation strange.

whats the difference in total years that Ross Lyon has been in charge of teams that are preiership contenders though? I think perople are a bit tough on clarkson when you consider the quality of the teams going around during Hawks prime years...Pies, Cats, Swans and now Freo...and especially when you consider the cats have only really just come back to the pack in the last year or 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back