Whose 'other' teams are going as bad as their AFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our firsts were in the prelim final. By 3 quarter time we wre being absolutely flogged. League secretary directed the time keepers to stop recording time on. Invoked the mercy rule...:(

Manly just won the NRL premiership 40-0, no problems there.

Hull City are going heaps good and they beat Arsenal away!

Only if Sydney followed in their lead...

Well, Collingwood went okay this year, the Yankees had their worst season in 13 years by failing to make the playoffs, the Giants are off to a great start as defending champs, Arsenal are up and down and seemingly incapable of beating crap teams like Hull and Sunderland while playing well in other competitions, and the Knicks are likely to be a steaming load again, although there's some hope with a new coach.

So I'm a bit all over the place.

victory- on top no complaints there
arsenal- had been playing great football until we got knocked of by the powerhouse team hull city
bushrangers- will do ok this year but a few aussies gone on tour will make the start difficult.
houston rockets- look a lot better with ron artest in the roster, hopefully we can get past the 1st round of the postseason for once

Looking back... 2005 was a great year for me. Swans first premiership in 72 years, Soceroos qualifying for the WC for the first time in ages and Liverpool winning the CL with one of the greatest comebacks the game has ever seen.

Swan Districts - runners up
Bulldogs (NRL) - wooden spoon
KC Chiefs - Bottom 5 easily
Middlesborough - 12th (went to primary school with Mark Schwarzer, no other reason for following a team)

Real mixed bag (when combined with the Hawks win) there.

Schwarzer is at fulham now buddy

Arsenal - Dropping points they shouldn't but still up there.
Melbourne Victory - Top of the table a third of the way thru the season, no complaints.
San Francisco Giants - Expected to be a big steaming pile but won more games than expected but still missed the play offs. Found some good young talent and should improve next season.
Golden State Warriors - Went backwards last season and missed the play offs Have lost the first preseason game but did the same last year then went on a 9-1 (I think) run.
Storm -D'oh!
Bit of mixed bag. Nobody saluting (yet!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the same boat....and I'm a hawthorn supporter. Been a great year thus far. More worried about the Reds now, hoping they can continue this form into the new year and still be a contender.

Liverpool's biggest problem in recent years is that they have alway's given too much of a head start to the other big teams. This season they have started well and are in a good position to consolidate.

my teams always seem to be reasonable or terrible and next quite get there

st kilda - almost granny
newcastle - shit
orlando - pretty good but can never get past friggen detroit
warriors - lots of promise but never can put it together.

so not a great deal of ultimate success

AFL - Carlton - no finals in 7 years
NRL - Cronulla - never won a flag in 41 years, choked in another prelim
Notts Forest - hasn't been in the premier division for a long long time, sitting bottom of the next level down
NBL - Brisbane Bullets - now defunct
NBA - Chicago - hopefully heading back up
NFL - Dallas - will go close this year
MLB - Atlanta Braves - not much chop at present
A-League - Qld Roar - okay, not great

AFL - Swans, looking good, consistent contenders.
NRL - Manly Sea Eagles, won the premiership 40-0.
EPL - Hull City, team full of surprises, great win against Arsanal.
A-Leaague - Sydney FC, coming second at the moment, no complaints.

Oh how I wish for another 1999:

Nth Melbourne AFL Premiers
Melbourne Storm NRL Premiers
Wallabies RWC Champions
Aussies ODI World Cup Champions
Australia Davis Cup Winners

and of course....

Manchester United EPL Premiers, FA Cup Winners, ECL Winners

Whilst I can't complain about the current status of my football (incl. soccer) teams, I don't expect i'll ever experience a year like that again.

Why does it matter?

I'm Australian like everyone else.

It doesn't matter at all.

I was just interested because you don't find that many people interested in the Turkish league.

I saw Galatasaray play when i was in Istanbul which was pretty cool.

But not as cool as sitting in the Kop and watching Liverpool destroy Newcastle. ;)

Newcastle are their normal psychotic selves
Perth Demons fall away disappointingly.

I reckon I'm a jinx.

At least Internazionale are going OK, and I've also got a soft for Fiorentina since they wear purple and I saw them give Inter a pounding at the San Siro 4-0 in 2000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose 'other' teams are going as bad as their AFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back