Whose 'other' teams are going as bad as their AFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide: Will be a genuine threat by 2010 so...
Redbacks: Every year i look to these guys to fill the void of football but they have perfected the art of dissapointment.
Glenelg: Choked in the GF but over the last few years ive given less and less of a shit bout em. Strange considering they have finally become a good side. Still love watching SANFL though, i just dont care whos playing and chop and change who i want to win.
Adelaide United: Dominating

I dont understand how people can be so passionate about a team thats not based where they live. The reason i go for these teams is because its where i live. Near Glenelg in Adelaide, South Australia. I just couldn't get excited about following a team based in another country.

Steelers - Looking pretty good considering the injuries but have a really tough schedule and really need this week's bye.

Notre Dame - Better than I expected, not world-beaters but improving and developing.

Red Sox - All this winning of the last few years is very strange, i'm not complaining though! Should be a tough series against TB. Hopefully we get a good World Series this year no matter who makes it through though, the results have been good, but the series' themselves have been pretty dull.

St. Pauli - midtable in 2.Bundesliga in Germany.

This would have to be the only club in Germany that is loved by almost everyone [well, except their cross town rivals, HSV]. Awesome supporters too.

Freo - well....
Glory - Meh...will fold in a year or two
Liverpool - going strong atm, very pleased
Celtic - pretty happy, stole the title last season from those blue w***ers :thumbsu:
Borussia Dortmund - gone are the glory days
Hajduk Split - same as Dortmund
Warriors - started with loss vs NSW, Ronchi got big O :(
Wildcats - looks like a repeat of last season is on the horizon
East Freo - looked promising towards the end of season, expecting finals campaign next year

Redbacks - If there wasn't an 8 year wait, I'd consider cancelling my membership in protest at how piss poor at leadership the SACA board has been for the last decade.
United - 3-0 :D Just need to get our A-League campaign back on track now.
Arsenal - Will look pretty all year, but with no replacement screening mid (or mongrel) for the departed Flamini, and not having moved on and replaced Gallas in both the Captaincy and Centreback positions, it's going to be another trophyless season for the Gunners. Given how badly the usual 5th-8th suspects have started this year, I'm fairly confident we can keep our UCL spot this season at least.

No Yank sports teams for me.

I dont understand how people can be so passionate about a team thats not based where they live. The reason i go for these teams is because its where i live. Near Glenelg in Adelaide, South Australia. I just couldn't get excited about following a team based in another country.

Passion for a sporting team has ****-all to do with locality, do you not support the Cows when they play interstate?!?!?!?

The reason I follow the clubs I do is that I've been following them all my life (not since '91), and I've also lived in 3 different states.

Supporting a team is about loyalty, I've followed O/S teams like Chelsea & the Dodgers for 20+ years, and believe me, they've been more than shite at times.

I'm sure as **** not going to support a local team cos everyone else nearby me does, I'll think for myself...

The world is full of great sports. No country has them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose 'other' teams are going as bad as their AFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back