Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping the SANFL alive? Oh please. Just because they had the biggest crowds, doesn't mean anything. Your success relied on having opposition teams to play. If there's no North, no Centrals, no Sturt, no South, there's no Port either.
I guess it's just like when both Port and Crows were owned by the SANFL, and the Crows kept giving a dividend back to the SANFL clubs, including the Magpies, while Port didn't put back a cent.
Port was a drag on the SANFL when they went into the AFL.
That's not an argument regarding SANFL and VFL negotiations about an national competition concept. You are still drinking the coolaid that Max and Leigh are serving you whilst Kicking a Vic.

The replay didn't even go up on the screen. Not once. So you're lying at least a little bit.
Notice how Cleric has replied to other posters three times since you posted this but conveniently ignored this post calling him out for the liar that he is.

If Port was truly such a horrible club surely he wouldn't need to keep lying and exaggerating about us so much to make his points?

Notice how Cleric has replied to other posters three times since you posted this but conveniently ignored this post calling him out for the liar that he is.

If Port was truly such a horrible club surely he wouldn't need to keep lying and exaggerating about us so much to make his points?
They live in their own idiosyncratic, bizarre world. They are haters of Port first, and fans of their own club second. At worst they are using a vague interest in football as an outlet for their borderline personality disorder.

They are officially on the North Melbourne fans’ villain arc is my thinking. Symptom of being shit for a long time with no end in sight.

It's not that Power is a horrible club, it's that it's supporter base is the worst.
Anyway, didn't you thrive on the "Them vs us" and the "you either love Power or you hate them" mottos?
This is just that in real life.

It's not that Power is a horrible club, it's that it's supporter base is the worst.
Anyway, didn't you thrive on the "Them vs us" and the "you either love Power or you hate them" mottos?
This is just that in real life.
If you acted the way you do with the delusions, exaggerations and outright lies about any other club, when their supporter base rightly universally told you to ** off just like Port supporters rightly universally tell you to ** off, you'd think they were the worst supporter base too. Because the only alternative is engaging in some self reflection and realising that you might actually be the problem, and god knows that you're not going to do that.

If you acted the way you do with the delusions, exaggerations and outright lies about any other club, when their supporter base rightly universally told you to ** off just like Port supporters rightly universally tell you to ** off, you'd think they were the worst supporter base too. Because the only alternative is engaging in some self reflection and realising that you might actually be the problem, and god knows that you're not going to do that.
Literally made no sence when you wrote it, and none when I read it.
Don't act smart, it doesn't suit you.

Literally made no sence when you wrote it, and none when I read it.
Don't act smart, it doesn't suit you.
Oh did it not make sence? Whoops. Maybe I can get some coaching from a very smart poster like yourself who can help me make more sence when I post.

...and no teeth apparently. :rolleyes:
Oh please, the fact you lot took that to heart is not a good reflection on you.
Do you think we get all up in our feels when Port supporters call us blued haired Chardonnay set? When you call us a Franchise, you think that hurts us?
But point out that a disproportionate amount of Power supporters have missing teeth is a heart shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best you head back to the Power board where your 68iq makes you a thought leader over there.
You're not even clever enough to figure out what was wrong with your post, are you?

I sence you might not have the highest IQ yourself my man.

Come on man, at some point you have to realize I'm not serious and am just stirring you guys up.
Haha yeah, that's what it was, you were just trolling! Ohohoho you fooled me. You don't actually think that sense is spelled with a c, you were just playing a clever pran ...

IMG_8644.jpeg
IMG_8645.jpeg

Oh.

What exactly is it about us that aggravates them so much? From my observations, the things that outrage Crows supporters to the highest degree are things that don't involve or affect their mob at all. For example: wanting to wear a stripy jumper sometimes, wanting to sack our own coach, or just having some people in section 124 that are a bit unpleasant to look at.

We're basically minding our own business, and we constantly have their bloated boomer faces, glowing with rosacea from decades of alcohol abuse, peering into the windows of Alberton's heritage listed buildings and waiting for any opportunity to scream DON'T YOU SEE THAT YOU WERE FOUNDED IN 1997!?

What exactly is it about us that aggravates them so much? From my observations, the things that outrage Crows supporters to the highest degree are things that don't involve or affect their mob at all. For example: wanting to wear a stripy jumper sometimes, wanting to sack our own coach, or just having some people in section 124 that are a bit unpleasant to look at.

We're basically minding our own business, and we constantly have their bloated boomer faces, glowing with rosacea from decades of alcohol abuse, peering into the windows of Alberton's heritage listed buildings and waiting for any opportunity to scream DON'T YOU SEE THAT YOU WERE FOUNDED IN 1997!?

Meanwhile still spewing rhetoric that Port betrayed the SANFL in 1990 because SANFL had their heads up their arses about the AFL expansion, with some kind of delusion that they would have a stake in the governance of Australian Rules Football.

Well all Collingwood fans dislike Port because Port wants to take our Guernsey.

And speaking for everyone else, the fact they carry on about winning 200 Premierships in the SANFL is just sad. They entered the AFL in 1997 as the Port Adelaide Power. They are not the Port Adelaide Magpies SANFL Team.

If Port Adelaide had their way, we'd rename the AFL to the Port Adelaide Football League in honor of the greatest backwater football club in the history of the universe.

Well all Collingwood fans dislike Port because Port wants to take our Guernsey.

And speaking for everyone else, the fact they carry on about winning 200 Premierships in the SANFL is just sad. They entered the AFL in 1997 as the Port Adelaide Power. They are not the Port Adelaide Magpies SANFL Team.

If Port Adelaide had their way, we'd rename the AFL to the Port Adelaide Football League in honor of the greatest backwater football club in the history of the universe.

Take your Guernsey? - I gather you just mean the colours, as the jumpers are vastly different.

A lot of Port's detractors try to have it both ways by making the simultaneous claims that:
1. The Power side that PAFC fields in the AFL has absolutely no connection to anything that existed prior to its registration in 1997; and
2. Port's original sin is its betrayal of the SANFL back in 1990, and that odium hangs over all things Port to this day.

With this doublethink they betray full acknowledgement of the club's legitimacy as an old club. After all, if there was a break in continuity of the story of the PAFC between pre and post AFL entry, there should have been a resetting of their hatred for us. But here we are.

They entered the AFL in 1997 as the Port Adelaide Power. They are not the Port Adelaide Magpies SANFL Team.
While I sometimes agree that we lean a little too hard into the club's success in this state, it seems a fair thing to try and draw inspiration from. That aside, I think you would struggle to find anyone who disputes the fact that our AFL team is the Power. We chant po-wer at games when we're up, our mascot is the thunderbolt head dude, the AFL gameday experience is all about the Power.

And yet Port has been struggling for sponsors, money and crowds since its inception. Go figure.
Its hard to bring in revenue when you can't even sell advertising at the game.

Meanwhile the Crows were able to charge more for advertising at Football Park, because it would be seen on television for 23 rounds a season.

Keeping the SANFL alive? Oh please. Just because they had the biggest crowds, doesn't mean anything. Your success relied on having opposition teams to play. If there's no North, no Centrals, no Sturt, no South, there's no Port either.
I guess it's just like when both Port and Crows were owned by the SANFL, and the Crows kept giving a dividend back to the SANFL clubs, including the Magpies, while Port didn't put back a cent.
Port was a drag on the SANFL when they went into the AFL.
Dividends paid back to the SANFL clubs came out of profit.

A forensic audit of Port's finances by the AFL back in 2012 found that the reason Port were struggling for profits came from the amount of money the SANFL siphoned out of Port as costs. Before profit was even calculated.

Its hard to bring in revenue when you can't even sell advertising at the game.

Meanwhile the Crows were able to charge more for advertising at Football Park, because it would be seen on television for 23 rounds a season.
Not to mention the rent free space SANFL were providing them all this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back