Opinion Why are the interstate teams so bad? How do we fix them?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a dream outcome for the AFL. With the Vic Bias calls getting louder and louder and even acknowledged, they can use this aberration to say "see there's no Vic Bias". They also get the 2 biggest clubs from the northern states which they covet and promote for financial gain, the Vic media can play on the Fitzroy/Bloods theme so they don't feel left out, the "interstaters" aren't from WA/SA who the AFL show scant regard for. So all in all the AFL will be temporarily happy with this scenario. I expect normal transmission will return next year.
Do you think the AFL will have a massive "investigation" on why none of the 10 Victorian sides didn't make it, just like in 2006?

Hopefully this starts a run of non Vic gfs

Adelaide, GC and Freo are close to top 8 material.

GWS, Bris, Syd and Port are already up there.

Who does that leave?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well I am hoping suns and dockers replace 2 Vic sides to make finals in 2025.

Crows and eagles might have to wait for 2026 to make finals

I hope you dont mean "help" as in assistance picks like NM got because no established team should ever get bailed out because of poor list management decisions.
Hey, hey, steady on there. It's our turn next, so let's wait until after that before we start taking this kind of sensible approach.

Well, its hard to come to any other conclusion when last time they lost their shit it was off the back of 3 straight lockouts that saw 2 Premiers they couldnt claim as Victorian from a bygone era.
With emphasis on West Coasts 06 win that was the final straw to trigger a response.

The most enjoyable part is knowing the 2024 AvFL cup will be leaving Victoria and heading north in Jack Ginnivans prebooked, albeit transferred, seat.

And theres nothing they can do to prevent it, haha.
I don't mind a Swans vs Brisbane grand final in 2024.

AFL nearly had a Brisbane vs Sydney grand final in 1996, but North Melbourne beat the Brisbane side in the preliminary final.

2006 is the only year the dockers finished above all 10 Victorian clubs.

2006 is also the only season no Victorian sides made the prelim final.

Papa G has a point about the Victorian overloads talking about it.

I still think the AFL prefers the News south wales and Queensland sides to win to get more casual fans from Queensland and NSW.

Richmond winning the flag in 2017, 2019 and 2020 isn't going to increase Victorias presence in the Aussie rules front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Why are the interstate teams so bad? How do we fix them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back