Why are Victorians so superior to the rest of Australia ?

Remove this Banner Ad

geelong4eva

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2000
australia
If you think about it for the moment, most of Australia's power house clubs or sporting stars come from Victoria. The team that shall remain nameless won this year's AFL flag, with North Melbourne last year, and the Melbourne Storm crushed the scum from Sydney in last year's NRL GF. ALso the V-Bomber, Mark Viduka comes from Victoria and he just scored another double for the greates football team on Earth Leeds in the premier league. If you add that the Titans-Tigers will play off for this years NBL championship, the South Melbourne Hellas will win the NSL trophy again, and the fact that Perth and Adelaide and Sydney are holes, the only state capable of matching it with Victoria is Queensland. Oh and the Vics should win this year's Sheffield Shield as well. Ah Victoria - the state of Winners.
We've got the grand prix too.

How could i forget Warney !!!!! Australia's greatest export !!!!!!!! OH yeah and the Scud comes from Williamstown !!!! If any other state could come up with as many sporting stars I'll eat my hat

But those replies will be in denial. we all know the 3 best footy players of all time (Ablett, Whitten and Skilton) all came from Victoria. Name any other state which has produced champions of those ilk. Go cats in 2001 and beyond

Look at the AFL this year, the Top 4 consisted of all Victorian clubs. Face the facts the rest of australia, you will always look on in envy at Title Town, Victoria.

What are you talking about Geelong4Eva:
New South Wales nearly has more players in the Australian Test team than all the other states combined - Michael Slater, Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh, Brett Lee and Glenn McGrath.
As for tennis - Rafter is from Queensland, Woodforde and Hewitt are from SA, Woodbridge from NSW and Phillipoussis from Vic, so that is evenly spread.
AFL - Victoria are easily the most dominant
Rugby League - New South Wales are easily the most dominant
Rugby Union - Queensland and New South Wales are pretty similar.
Swimming - Pretty evenly spread between the whole country
Athletics - same as swimming

So you can see that all 8 states are pretty much as good as each other when it comes to sport.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

G4E
Im not going to be long
But I will say it again, you love to shit stir and obviously in some way get aroused by it.

But per population, WA constitently produces better atheletes
Cricket:Without a doubt
Afl:Up their

And so on

I'm australian (since 1988)but not Victorian

I reckon you need to be born here to be so arrogant and jealous -not that the others are much better - Fighting over a car race while Ecclestone etc gets richer and richer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Harry Kewell ? He's only australia's greatest male athlete, a footballing superstar with Leeds United, sadly he's out injured till Chirstmas, but already clubs like Lazio are trying to buy him for 150 million dollars that is how good he is.

"We'll i have some information that might interest you professor - that you sir are a Nitwit !" The Doctor - Inferno

Geelong4eva. How about Hudson, Hart, Baldock and Stewart? Where do you think they came from? Not Victora, that's for sure!

Who gives a flying heck about sir don wankman anyway ? He's a stupid old arrogant geezer who doesn't deserve to be revered with the sporting greats like the immortal Michael Jordan, Pele or Mike Tyson. just imagine all the fuss when he finally kicks the bucket - oh man that will be sweet, so we don't have to hear anymore about australia's greatest living australian - that's bullshit.
THE DON TO DIE WITHIN 2 WEEEKS (we hope)

U r a sad sad case mate.

As for the bait. Who gives a tosca.
Queenslands the absolute best state to live in. Loads of different sporting things to enjoy.
Who can forget the Pura Milk cup, getting drunk on the hill, singing songs, supporting the boys.
Seeing our athletes at the Olmpics. Cathy , Suzie, Keiran and Jai.
Watching the mighty Reds.
Some love the Broncos. Premiers yet again.
Some love the mighty Lions, finalists 5 years out of the last eight.
So much to see, so many to barrack for.
Are Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next.
hang on I will just grab another tinnie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Victorians so superior to the rest of Australia ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back