Why did Nathan Brown choose to go to Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

A curious decision in the short term. In the long term, the decider was that Casey offered to teache Brown how to be a property developer.

$100.jpg

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
is that all? just the one?
the doggies may be hard up at the moment, but I reckon they could've scraped that up....

Steady on. It says "Not legal tender"

Mum's the word, Aquamarinejewle. Don't let the regulars on the Bulldogs board see this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by BomberBen
Nathan Brown had intentions to goto Carlton or Essendon.

When his contract is up at Richmond, he'll get traded again.

Rubbish. If he had intentions to go to the Blues or the Bombers he would have fought a lot harder. He cracked a dirty, big Ballarat on his helicopter flight with Casey then pulled the old, " I want to go to a club that will play finals/has a future" line.

Surely Essendon would have been a better option in current circumstances if a solid future with a solid club was the real decider for Brown? He's duped himself into a potential back to back spoon scenario with the Yellow & Black.

To give him some credit though; at least he still plays with heart come game time.

Originally posted by itsintheblood
Why don't we also ask why Rawling went to the bulldogs?? Surely the hawks have a better list and a better chance of finals??

Do you actually think before you spit, sorry, post?

Rawlings wanted to go to North. A better option than Hawthorn at present for finals.

I think it's pretty much common knowledge now, and supported by Brown himself when he was 'On the Couch' a couple of weeks ago...he was basically ready to sign with Hawthorn until the 'Lekkas Ruckus' came about, where Ang queried that the Hawthorn players were asked to take a pay-cut to keep Rawlings, but when he decided to leave, why the money wasn't being returned to the players, and being offered to Brown instead. Subsequently, Brown decided it wasn't in his or the clubs best interest assuming Lekkas' comments were reflective of the playing group, and joined Richmond.
He was that close to becoming a Hawk.

Originally posted by Orangewhip
Do you actually think before you spit, sorry, post?

Rawlings wanted to go to North. A better option than Hawthorn at present for finals.

Hmmm.. more abuse. Is it a full moon again???

Understand your point but why on earth would he settle for the bulldogs?????

I don't think Richmond are crap

2 things

1. morale/confidence is low
2. injuries

I reckon Richmond are NOT that diff to the side that was competitive in 2001/02

however confidence is shot, so is the team, same applies to collingwood in 2004 saints in 98/99, WCE under judge etc...

the players were making basic basic errors, and from a team that was roaring for 8 weeks last season, they've forgotten how to win.

brown thought prob he could be the diff.

and good on the doggies, for getting over it, and recruiting solidly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Nathan Brown choose to go to Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back