Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

So ...
Atkins is a perma-sub, the wrong side of 30 and played 3 games last year.
Richards is a mature-age recruit yet to prove anything at the level

Why bring these two in? Let alone trade for them.

Well done to Port on getting 2 first rounders for Houston like they wanted from the start and maintaining their 1st rounder for the 2025 Draft.
Would have got 2 first rounders and change if only North or Dees weren't so much of a rabble that Danny refused to come to us.

Pretty funny really.

Last edited:
this is what I dont understand. The SANFL Port had a reputation as being a ruthless pack of bastards, on and off the field. The current Port Power set up are marshmallows by comparison.
The AFL control Port's board with 8 out of 10 seats appointed by them (including the chair). The mandate is to pipe down and not make things difficult for the real member clubs. Any thoughts of ruthlessness will get you turfed by head muppet Koch.

The AFL control Port's board with 8 out of 10 seats appointed by them (including the chair). The mandate is to pipe down and not make things difficult for the real member clubs. Any thoughts of ruthlessness will get you turfed by head muppet Koch.
I wasnt aware of that, that is ridiculous.

I look forward to the usual Port schtick of "We can't believe he was there at pick (insert whatever number)".
Although to be honest that haven't rolled this out for a few years. Probably will this year to placate the angry hoards.
It's odd that after a huge backlash and collective sigh of relief when Port said "NO! WE WON'T DO THIS" they signed off on it like only 8 hours later.

Trade period's not even finished, they could have at least made Paul Conner, the Pies, Dan Houston and their faithful supporters sweat on it for another 24 hours.

this is what I dont understand. The SANFL Port had a reputation as being a ruthless pack of bastards, on and off the field. The current Port Power set up are marshmallows by comparison.
Easy to understand really.
Decent club in a second rate league, they can be ruthless.
Second rate club in a decent league, not so much.

Because we are a weak, feeder club with no accountability.

We are talking about a club that has had Ken Hinkley as the coach for 12 seasons. Nothing they do surprises me
"We Are on This Journey
Together,
One Heart, One Club....
And They will Never Ever
Tear us Apart"
LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is entirely Power supporters fault that Houston came to Collingwood!

They moaned about wearing our famous stripes so much, that we felt a little compassion, threw them a bone and allowed them to wear it.
Dan got a taste and then wanted the real thing.

We have a six year deal, so all we need now is to get 100 games into him, so his kids get the same privilege.

Growing up you were a supporter or you were taught to hate them
(36 flags)
Like Manchester United in the 90s 00s
Also like United now just a shell of its former self

Finances dictate our current position. In an effort to be attractive to new members, our success is now measured in minor round games. Apparently finals success is an irrelevant concept when it comes to our AFL controlled board.

Before the trade period we were told 2 firsts was crazy and then when we don’t get it we get told it’s unders 🤷🏼‍♂️ while the trade itself was clearly terrible and we should’ve held him to his contract, that just doesn’t seem like the current reality of football.

Contracts mean nothing, player agents have all the power and at the end of the day sack Hinkley

they have to bite the bullet, like we did. Eddie & Bucks out, two years later, a flag.
Exactly, but you were able to spill the board to get change.

All we are allowed to do is boo, and then we are gaslighted by the club and Kane Cornes for doing so.

If there was an open member vote, the board and Ken would have been gone 4-5 years ago.

Easy to understand really.
Decent club in a second rate league, they can be ruthless.
Second rate club in a decent league, not so much.
When we transferred into the AFL, we made teams like Collingwood look second rate for quite a long time.

It’s only since the memo from AFL house to vanilla the club came through that we’re gone to meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back