Richm0ndrule

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Tottenham Hotspurs
Supporting Richmond is porbably Leading us to an early grave. Every year, they get talked up, 'deledio will be good, foley will be good' There both average at best. And then if all else fails we go, mark Cougland will come back and somehow save the day. That wont happen either. The only Thing that keeps me at richmond, is Big Richo, the only one who tries.

There is a massive influence I reckon, our poor players our making our good players make poor mistakes and it's going around the whole team. That's my theory.

if you dont want to support richmond then piss off. we dont want people that dont bother during the tough times then just jump back on during the good times.

Today Jackson, Richo, McGuane, Nahas and Connors gave a shit. Everyone else can piss off.

Supporting Richmond is porbably Leading us to an early grave. Every year, they get talked up, 'deledio will be good, foley will be good' There both average at best. And then if all else fails we go, mark Cougland will come back and somehow save the day. That wont happen either. The only Thing that keeps me at richmond, is Big Richo, the only one who tries.
In Cotchin you have hope !!! Ben Cousins ??? Add to the others .

So there will be good times ?

Just checking.

I'll refer you to this:

As is yours with Benny Boy. You also could not be more wrong about Richo's "disease" as you put it. You're a pathetic Cousins bandwagoner who knows nothing of our club. **** off.

Probably the first time I have EVER questioned WHY I support this club today, every other team bar Fremantle appears to be going in the right direction, playing kids and improving however so slightly, but we are constantly in a landslide going backwards.

I have remained as positive as I could've over the last 4 weeks, but today was the first time I felt like smashing one of those piss weak players that were out on the field, it gets said a lot, but a little league team would have been better than Richmond were today.

I really don't know why I bother to turn up each week and cheer these gutless, piss weak excuse of a football club, my blood runs yellow and black, it has for the 20 years of my life, but I don't know if it is in my heart anymore, each year I get my membership each week I turn up expecting to see the resurgence of the Richmond Football Club as a super power club that everyone feared to play, as I have heard we were in prior to 1980, but it just doesn't come, will it ever? Please, Please, PLEASE DO SOMETHING! PLEASE SHOW SOMETHING!!!!!!

I am crushed.:(

You bother because you love your team. Just like when we went through the dark years, we stick by them. And I am sure you guys will come out of this as well.

Thing is Alpha, your dark years were 2002-2008. Our dark years have been 1983 onwards. Carlton knows nothing of dark years.

Tough question to answer. Haven't really done any 'soul searching' because I prepared myself for this outcome. After the insipid performances we have dished up when the pressure was on this season,I had a nagging suspicion we would play shit football again.

And Alpha1 , just to clarify a little I'm pretty sure there isn't much love for the 'team' at the moment;)

And Alpha1 , just to clarify a little I'm pretty sure there isn't much love for the 'team' at the moment;)
There shouldn't be ANY love for that pathetic excuse of a team that was playing today, or for the last 3 weeks.

I love the club, but those players don't(Bar Richo, I mean truly love the club, none of these tried hard, but...) and I don't know who could!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough question to answer. Haven't really done any 'soul searching' because I prepared myself for this outcome. After the insipid performances we have dished up when the pressure was on this season,I had a nagging suspicion we would play shit football again.

You are right I have no love for Richmond, just like you guys can't stand us. But I do feel for some of you supporters who are the intelligent ones on here. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, when we were getting hammered every week by 10+ goals for years that was the dark times. And we never thought we would find our way out, but we did and so will you guys.

If you don\t want tp support the club you know where the door is.

Amazing that a blues invader shows more faith and common sense than some of the posters on this thread.

As for telling your kids its okay to follow other teams what is that teaching them about sticking through tough times.

Wallace should pack his bags and take his whole match commitee with him and those duds he brought simple.They dont care.What a disgrace 36000 record membership,new sponsors and winning 11 of our lastgames last year.Thats a disgrace and the club should be embarrassed.I wonder what March and Sheeds would be thinking.

You are right I have no love for Richmond, just like you guys can't stand us. But I do feel for some of you supporters who are the intelligent ones on here. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, when we were getting hammered every week by 10+ goals for years that was the dark times. And we never thought we would find our way out, but we did and so will you guys.

My post was more about the team being a different concept from the club in that the Richmond Football Club is a lot more than just 44 players and coaches etc. So despite being disllusioned with the team performance, I will contine to be a follower of this club and any team it puts on the paddock. Just don't have a lot of love for the team atm.

Amazing that a blues invader shows more faith and common sense than some of the posters on this thread.

As for telling your kids its okay to follow other teams what is that teaching them about sticking through tough times.

Hey Buddy everybody is emotional so go easy we all love the club to chill out .

There is a difference between showing grit and being led like a sheep to the slaughter. Sometimes in life you have to be strong enough to say 'enough is enough'. I have paid thousands of dollars over the years to BS artists and lazy millionaires like Wallace, Brown, Frawley and Co. Today I've drawn a line in the sand. By the way what is this 'door' you speak of? And what makes you gate-keeper! If it is 'common-sense' to disregard logic then you are welcome to it. Keep spending your money and living in your deluded reality.

The only way this club will be competitive over the next generation will be if they move it lock, stock and barrel to Tassy and gain the subsequent concessions. I would stick with them if they do, would you? But I wouldn't force my children to.

I wouldnt say carltons out of its dark times yet alpha.. maybe better than richmond right now, but by round 6 theyll be sitting near the bottom with a 2-4 record..

Someone really must start to question the development team at richmond, after their insipid performance in developing tambling and oakley nicholls over the past 5 years..

My post was more about the team being a different concept from the club in that the Richmond Football Club is a lot more than just 44 players and coaches etc. So despite being disllusioned with the team performance, I will contine to be a follower of this club and any team it puts on the paddock. Just don't have a lot of love for the team atm.

Ahh sorry, misread/misunderstood the post.

I feel for you guys, being a woods supporter in the 90s was like consistently being kicked in the teeth

There is always a light, i continually went t the football and hope that buckley/sav rocca/williams would have a good day as i was certain the team wouldnt.

Good luck and chin up fellas, all this pain will make the good times even better when they come

I'll front up next week. We aren't too good now, that was confirmed today. time to take a big glass of cement and harden up. This is Richmond after all. Time to get a bit in ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we bother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back