Why does your team suck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Referencing my OP in that other thread- I no longer dislike our song because the recent re-recording took out the worst part (the hey eagles intro.....)
I still wish we could #returnthesong though as the original was awesome
I also love the centenary /orchestral versions I've heard.

Blindly kicking into the forward line, inability to change things up when we need to (like from kick ins for example), disposal efficiency needs some improvement all round, seem to always get injuries to crucial players in recent times and overall mental toughness when it comes down to it (Pies Rd 23 last year, WCE Prelim this year).

Lack of Midfield. Lack of forwards. Lack of Backs. Lack of coaching staff. Lack of Reality. Lack of Winning Ability.
Too many Cannoli's from Lygon Street. John Elliot. Mick Malthouse. Weird Visy Sponsorship. Bad Trades. Other Football clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North suck because we dont suck enough to get really good draft picks.

When we do get decent picks we pick players that turn out to be ok but we never seem to nail our drafts.

Our development of players kinda sucks too.

The coach is passed it
We keep trading for spuds and/or cripples - Shane Kersten and Harley Bennell come to mind along with Sylvia, Gumbleton etc
We can't deliver the ball into the forward line
Our forwards lack presence
Our CEO has been there for too long and needs to **** off
The fitness/medical staff can't keep our best players on the field
We can't score for shite (21 of the last 66 games have seen us score less than 61 points)
4 x 100 pt losses in the last 2 seasons
Have an empty cabinet

Not enough patience and perspective with the young guys. Guys like Tom McDonald were thumped every week which covered their defensive inadequacies early on; I mean heck Chip was conceding 2 goals a game as arguably the best one on one defender in the comp in 2011-2012.

Now that we are a half decent side there’s a lot more pressure and scrutiny on Frost and Oscar to perform; ditto for Lever. Ditto for Jeffy and Kent. Hence the supposed need for May and a forward pocket.

Really on paper we’ve got most bases covered apart from maybe outside players although I believe in our own S.O.S. And Fritsch has a really strong debut year for someone who was supposed to have problems influencing the game when not kicking goals. We shouldn’t be pushing guys like Hogan out just for a short term fix. We even turned on Maxy last year and this year some people turned on Viney around the time of the Port and Saints losses, and now most of the supporter base has lost belief in our heart and soul in Chunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does your team suck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back