why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn beat an 'unbeatable' team, with 2 players down, their only backman out of the game, Hodge and Brown with broken bones in their body, and still ran all over the Cats.

Mathew Stokes - played injured
Paul Chapman - underdone
James Kelly - underdone

You killed us with a sustained burst of fire, kicking an unanswered 5 goals straight (in the third quarter - the 'premiership quarter' no less) while earlier we had all but kicked ourselves out of the game.

It was fairly even apart from that.

I've got to give your blokes full credit for your pressure though. You saw your chances and took them. You deserved to win based on your work in defence and the midfield - all those rushed behinds were annoying to me as a Geelong supporter, but the rules are there to be exploited and you did it very bloody well.

We still pantsed ourselves though...

NO excuses you played your best team , don't go bringing up injuries we had them too ! 6 broken ribs in one player a fractured foot in another he did not finish game either,
as youngy went off too for a fair while
no excuses cats played a good game as did hawks and we won on the day !

stevenBradburyW2.jpg

(No, its not getting old)

You do realise that Steve Bradbury is a MULTIPLE Olympic Medal winner don't you....

See. Even he's more successful than Geelong have been recently. :)

NO excuses you played your best team , don't go bringing up injuries we had them too ! 6 broken ribs in one player a fractured foot in another he did not finish game either,
as youngy went off too for a fair while
no excuses cats played a good game as did hawks and we won on the day !

Does the complete absence of full stops indicate that you are attempting to compose poetry?

Must say, I thought the Cats played as well as they could in the 2008 GF. They just got out coached and found out as a team with no real forwards.

How conned were we all to to think that a team with a forward line of Mooney, Stokes, Lonergan, Rooke, Varcoe and Chapman could be anything but ordinary? Once Johnston was forced to play up the ground they looked horrible... and they are.

Well done Cats for making the GF I say. Had the Doggies taken their chances, the Cats would not have even got there.

Does the complete absence of full stops indicate that you are attempting to compose poetry?
i found this some where and slightly altered it to my liking ! you can read any post and as the below statement says " How people write is not important , it is what they write that is important !"

I'm writing this post,in a very angry mood,so please bear with me.
I am so sick and tired of hearing all the critisizm,aimed at particular members.

I dont have a college degree,im not that experienced on the computer,BUT,i do have opinions,on a variety of subjects,

ive come to a few conclusions.
How people write is not important , it is what they write that is important !

Some of the members,need to get a life,I'm sure that statement will boomerang,back at me,considering the mentalities,
around here.

If you decide to stay angry,because you disagree with someones OPINION, I feel sorry for you!

Ive heard the statement that this is "JUST A FORUM, NOT REAL LIFE" You are so wrong! Being a public forum, you can make friends here,it takes 2 , to form a friendship.
To me friendship IS REAL LIFE,irregardless that its just on the computer.

Everyone here hurts, cries, laughs, celebrates and mourns.

WE ARE ALL HUMAN, even if we post things YOU dont agree with!
Im also tired of hearing from people, who act like they are MORALLY, ETHICALLYand SUPERIOR!

I'm 39 yrs old, I have a lot of life experience under my belt, I am not a child.
I like my friends.
I have a forgiving spirit, I have few enemies, I've tried to live a good life.

All i ask is for people to be CIVIL !

AND respectful, not to talk down to people.

Thank you! HAWKS HEROES!

i found this some where and slightly altered it to my liking ! you can read any post and as the below statement says " How people write is not important , it is what they write that is important !"

I'm writing this post,in a very angry mood,so please bear with me.
I am so sick and tired of hearing all the critisizm,aimed at particular members.

I dont have a college degree,im not that experienced on the computer,BUT,i do have opinions,on a variety of subjects,

ive come to a few conclusions.
How people write is not important , it is what they write that is important !

Some of the members,need to get a life,I'm sure that statement will boomerang,back at me,considering the mentalities,
around here.

If you decide to stay angry,because you disagree with someones OPINION, I feel sorry for you!

Ive heard the statement that this is "JUST A FORUM, NOT REAL LIFE" You are so wrong! Being a public forum, you can make friends here,it takes 2 , to form a friendship.
To me friendship IS REAL LIFE,irregardless that its just on the computer.

Everyone here hurts, cries, laughs, celebrates and mourns.

WE ARE ALL HUMAN, even if we post things YOU dont agree with!
Im also tired of hearing from people, who act like they are MORALLY, ETHICALLYand SUPERIOR!

I'm 39 yrs old, I have a lot of life experience under my belt, I am not a child.
I like my friends.
I have a forgiving spirit, I have few enemies, I've tried to live a good life.

All i ask is for people to be CIVIL !

AND respectful, not to talk down to people.

Thank you! HAWKS HEROES!

Great, post. It made me,, quite, emotional...

I, think that, I will also, use, commas, in interesting places, as it makes, my, posts quite amusing, to, read :)

By your own definition you had a soft run into the GF, as Port also finished 2nd, and beat 3rd and 4th to get into the GF...:)

Yeah, well

Oh.

Essendon 2000 >>>>>> Geelong 2007 >>>>>>>> Fitzroy 1916 >>>>> Steven Bradbury >>>>>> Hawthorn 2008

I thought we sorted this out.

You were wrong, remember.

PS. i watched it again today. There is a moment in the third quarter where, if you watch really closely, you can see Harry Taylor's courage desert him.

Well done Cats for making the GF I say. Had the Doggies taken their chances, the Cats would not have even got there.

Had we taken our chances in the GF, the outcome may well have been different. A five goal lead at half time may have seen some of your blokes hanging their heads a bit.

Of course I don't expect you to admit this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like:

There was a team called the Cats
Whose supporters all got some Tatts
Premiers 08
Cause they thought they were great
Now they all go Drats!!

2007 Geelong nearly choked to Collingwood in the prelim
2008 Geelong did choke despite the umpires trying to hand them a flag

Ask these guys how they felt about 2007. :D :D Suck it up Princess :D :D Good to see 2008 is almost over yet the GF Loss still burns in the guts :D :D :D

[YOUTUBE]5wG8sqfCeA4[/YOUTUBE]
Do you really find it that entertaining watching people cry? Does it turn you on?

Geelong_Crazy - you my friend are a flog - you lost to a better side in 2008 - get over it and get ready for a repeat dose in 2009....

Had we taken our chances in the GF, the outcome may well have been different. A five goal lead at half time may have seen some of your blokes hanging their heads a bit.

Had we taken our chances in the 07 semi final we would have gone on to win the flag. Same in 2006, if we had taken our chances in all those home and away games we would have got in the finals and won the flag. We did take our chances in 2008 and beat the 'best team ever' so what does that make us - better than the best team ever?

0,,6272876,00.jpg

Geelong built a list using draft system and a rule that compromised it known as father son.

Hawthorn built a list using the draft system.

Just in case you didn't remember the Words.....

We're a happy team at Hawthorn
We're the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
We love our Club, and we play to win,
Riding the bumps with a grin (at Hawthorn).
Come what may, you'll find us striving
Team work is the thing that talks,
One for all and all for one
Is the way we play at Hawthorn.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks.

Do you really find it that entertaining watching people cry? Does it turn you on?

HAHAAH turn me on? I sit with a massive boner everytime I watch that video and see all those Geelong supporters having a cry and eating their own :D :D :D

"Awww whinge whinge Varcoe should never have played...... Bomber was arrogant.... Steve Johnson should be sacked"

HAHAAHAHAAHAAA Pass me the vaseline :D :D :D :D

lol i am getting lots of satifaction out of wathcing the suffering that the hawks supporters are going thru, its their first ever premiership win and it is right after the greatest premiership win of all time (only one ever over 100 points).

logic suggests ours was better , yes I am dissapointed about losing the 08 gf but I just think that it was only 12 months ago that we won a premiership and than I think in just 9 months we may just be celebrating another great premiership.As sheedy said get on geelong for the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back