why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of desperation. In your attempt to somehow take away from the greatness of 2000 that far exceeds anything you insignificant football club has done you have made up lies about a great servant for both our clubs. Fact is Paul Salmon loved Essendon, which is why he came back there in 2002. He will always be a Bomber.

You fail to grasp simple concepts. Whatever reasons these guys chose to leave is irrelevant. Their departure in the mid 1990s along with highly paid veterans retiring such as Thompson, Harvey and O'Donnell freed up significant salary cap space and we have never been over since.

It is sad how your sheer frustration at following an inferior club has caused you to try and discredit the greatest unit ever seen in this sport. Your club's recent premiership would leave a completely empty feeling in comparison. Knowing that you had access to priority draft picks under an unfair system rewarding complete incompetence before the AFL changed it in disgust at your club's blatant abuse. Couple this with a Bradbury stroll into victory after the superior side tripped over themselves kicking for goal and we have a rival for Fitzroy's 1916 wooden spoon premiership as the most meaningless and worthless in history. :thumbsu: :)

cheats. breaching the cap. meaningless flag

Guzz, I like you mate - you're a good poster and a good shitstirrer.

But you are skating on very thin ice here (pun intended).

You can have it one way or the other, not both.

Either the 2000 Essendon side was the greatest side ever, coming off a Preliminary Final loss in 1999 to win a premiership with only one loss during the season.

Or the 2008 Geelong side was the greatest side ever, coming off a Grand Final win in 2007 to lose a premiership with only one loss during the H&A season because they were Bradbury'ied.

If we are the Bradbury's, obviously Geelong was the greatest side of all time. QED.

Your choice. :p

Guzz, I like you mate - you're a good poster and a good shitstirrer.

But you are skating on very thin ice here (pun intended).

You can have it one way or the other, not both.

Either the 2000 Essendon side was the greatest side ever, coming off a Preliminary Final loss in 1999 to win a premiership with only one loss during the season.

Or the 2008 Geelong side was the greatest side ever, coming off a Grand Final win in 2007 to lose a premiership with only one loss during the H&A season because they were Bradbury'ied.

If we are the Bradbury's, obviously Geelong was the greatest side of all time. QED.

Your choice. :p
Can't agree with that logic TWITA. I separate our sides of 1999 and 2000. There was something different in the way we went about it 2000, we were a much more complete side. We gained Lucas, Jason Johnson and our hero Hird back as well as recruited a quality ruckman in Barnes. Also some of the younger players in Ramanauskas, Solomon and Mark Johnson became very handy compared to the previous year. I think the 2000 and 2001 sides are very similar, although we didn't get to see a fit side during the 2001 finals.

As far as greatest team ever, its very debateable and depends to a large extent how you define 'team'. What I am positive of is that Essendon team of 2000 produced the greatest season ever. Some may compare other teams on paper and argue that they were better, but I don't think any actually delivered like we did in 2000, certainly not Geelong of 2007/8.

Oh dear. :eek:

Attacking the 2000 side. Never a salary cap breach for years around 2000, the greatest footballing side in history. Shame when you have to resort to such desperate measures to try and bring down such greatness knowing full well your own club can never match it.

More tirades please. Unleash more bitterness and anger and insecurities. :thumbsu: :)

Convicted in 1996. Many players on your list in 2000 had recieved illegal payments. If you hold our 1995 flag to be tainted, than 2000 is as well.

1993 is acutally the most tained flag in VFL/AFL history. Convicted cheating in a premiership year. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back