why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradbury premierships (e.g. Hawthorn 2008) are the lowest of all. Nobody respects those. :thumbsu: :)

Wrong.... The lowest form of respect goes to a football club who cheated the salary cap to win a premiership, this is now known to the world as the disgrace of all humanity.

Ivan Milat > Essendon FC.

:) :thumbsu:

Wrong.... The lowest form of respect goes to a football club who cheated the salary cap to win a premiership, this is now known to the world as the disgrace of all humanity.
Thank you dipper for showing your respect to the Baby Bombers premiership of 1993. What a great year.

Must suck to win a Bradbury flag which receives no respect at all. :thumbsu: :)

as it currently stands both the current cats and hawks side have won one premiership each but are they really equal to each other ? are all premierships the same ?

when you win the premiership you get a cup,some medals and your name goes into the record books, thats always the same however with a premiership also comes all the glory and pride which is not always the same with each premiership, and their are a number of reasons why their is more glory in geelongs premiership than their is hawthorns

1.Geelong won a premiership by builiding a side without a pick below number 7 while hawthorn required 2 priority picks to build their premiership list, one of the years they had their prority pick their were two gun kp forwards available

2.Geelong won a premiership playing a brand of footy that was good for the game as it was fast free flowing, while hawthorn had to rush multiple behinds, introduce zones and clusters all over the ground and have played a brand of footy that pushes the rules to the limit

3.In 2007 geelong were the best side all year, won almost every award their is to win and then came out under lots of pressure and smashed port by 119 points which is as pure a premierships as you can get.Hawthorns is some what diluted due to the fact that they werent the best side in the season and because the gf was more lost by geelong than won by them

4.Geelong had far more pressure on the going into the 07 gf than hawthorn did in 08 , its alot easier when you are the under dog and you can play with a lot of freedom as hawthorn did in 08

5.cant go much into this one but their is the tainted issue

6.due to the fact that geelong won the premiership 12 months ago they were not as hungry, yes port won a flag 3 years earlier but its not the same

I know most will come on here and say this is crap but deep down you all know its true that their is no comparison between geelongs premiership and hawthorns :)

Yeah i know. Geelong won it in a year with zero competition. Hawthorn won a hotly contested flag.

I know which one i'd have.

Get over it

I am going to go out on a limb here and say I agree - geelong's premiership was better than the hawks

When you have to wait 40 odd years for a team that was the quality of Port Adelaide to come along so that you can win a grandfinal, then you deserve to be able to savour the moment. :cool:

Let's get two things straight, yeah? Hawthorn took their chances, therefore Hawthorn DESERVED to win.

Geelong... We didn't take chances when they were offered to us. We DIDN'T deserve to win.

Clean the sheets and start again, Hawthorn. We both start on the same level peg in '09!

It's Bay 13, toughen up princess.....

Bradbury premierships (e.g. Hawthorn 2008) are the lowest of all. Nobody respects those. :thumbsu: :)

We doing this again, are we?

It's time for new material, GuzzLG. Ask Santa.

my god i cant believe he came back here.(gc 26). i was hoping with the time spent away he was having a good look at his posts and getting a reality check. stupid i know.

Thank you dipper for showing your respect to the Baby Bombers premiership of 1993. What a great year.

Must suck to win a Bradbury flag which receives no respect at all. :thumbsu: :)

Its quite funny that you bring up the 1993 season, the one and only Bradbury premiership, Not only did your football club fail to make the finals in the year before and the year after the 93 Bradbury premiership you even lost a final in the 93 season.

Essendon 93 premiership is known to the football world as the Ben Johnson/Bradbury premiership

Essendon 2000 premiership = The disgrace of all humanity/ Marion Jones Premiership.

It must be hard for you having to wipe the spit out of your face when ever theres a mention of the 93 or 2000 premiership, theres not a soul in this world that respects your salary cap cheating/Bradbury/disgrace of all humanity Premierships. :thumbsdown: :)

Its quite funny that you bring up the 1993 season, the one and only Bradbury premiership, Not only did your football club fail to make the finals in the year before and the year after the 93 Bradbury premiership you even lost a final in the 93 season.

Essendon 93 premiership is known to the football world as the Ben Johnson/Bradbury premiership

Essendon 2000 premiership = The disgrace of all humanity/ Marion Jones Premiership.

It must be hard for you having to wipe the spit out of your face when ever theres a mention of the 93 or 2000 premiership, theres not a soul in this world that respects your salary cap cheating/Bradbury/disgrace of all humanity Premierships. :thumbsdown: :)

Oh dear, you just said you respect them.

I can see you are very flustered and are trying to desperately deflect your admission with such a vile and erroneous attack on a club far greater than yours ever can or will be. What a pathetic thing to do. May god have mercy on your soul. :thumbsu: :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear, you just said you respect them.

I can see you are very flustered and are trying to desperately deflect your admission with such a vile and erroneous attack on a club far greater than yours ever can or will be. What a pathetic thing to do. May god have mercy on your soul.

Ouch..... i was originally just talking about the one disgrace of all humanity premiership in 2000, it was you who brought up the 93 Bradbury/Ben Johnson premiership, An admission of guilt of knowing that nobody has ever respected your past 2 premiershps. Deep down its still haunting you. I like that. :thumbsu:

Of course i have unleashed a tirade against your football club, it was the Hawthorn football club that made your club bleed. In that one game we transformed you from the salary cap cheating/Bradbury scum to now the whipping boy of the competition.

I'm proud that the Hawthorn FC is responsible for the basket case that is the Essendon FC.

Merry Christmass. :) :thumbsu:

ohhhhh look! Adam has tomato sauce on his face. :) :thumbsu:

Ouch..... i was originally just talking about the one disgrace of all humanity premiership in 2000, it was you who brought up the 93 Bradbury/Ben Johnson premiership, An admission of guilt of knowing that nobody has ever respected your past 2 premiershps. Deep down its still haunting you. I like that. :thumbsu:

Of course i have unleashed a tirade against your football club, it was the Hawthorn football club that made your club bleed. In that one game we transformed you from the salary cap cheating/Bradbury scum to now the whipping boy of the competition.

I'm proud that the Hawthorn FC is responsible for the basket case that is the Essendon FC.

Merry Christmass. :) :thumbsu:

ohhhhh look! Adam has tomato sauce on his face. :) :thumbsu:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Oh dear. :eek:

Attacking the 2000 side. Never a salary cap breach for years around 2000, the greatest footballing side in history. Shame when you have to resort to such desperate measures to try and bring down such greatness knowing full well your own club can never match it.

More tirades please. Unleash more bitterness and anger and insecurities. :thumbsu: :)

Attacking the 2000 side. Never a salary cap breach for years around 2000, the greatest footballing side in history. Shame when you have to resort to such desperate measures to try and bring down such greatness knowing full well your own club can never match it.

More tirades please. Unleash more bitterness and anger and insecurities. :thumbsu: :)
i chatted to a ex bomber player who said that the bombers were lucky to win that final in 2001 as they had run their legs off if there was more time hawks would have won ! ask dj if you do not believe me

Oops... Your clubs salary cap cheating in the 90's helped to keep your players at your football club which formed and then tarnished the 2000 premiership side, which is known to the world as the disgrace all humanity premiership. :) :thumbsu:

Oops... Your clubs salary cap cheating in the 90's helped to keep your players at your football club which formed and then tarnished the 2000 premiership side, which is known to the world as the disgrace all humanity premiership. :) :thumbsu:
Which players?

You must mean Paul Sal.... no.

Ah, yes that brownlow medallist Gavin Wangan... oh wait.

Oops. :thumbsu: :)

2.Geelong won a premiership playing a brand of footy that was good for the game as it was fast free flowing, while hawthorn had to rush multiple behinds, introduce zones and clusters all over the ground and have played a brand of footy that pushes the rules to the limit

How is a brand of football that blows most teams out good for the game?

Most would rather watch a game that has excitment and entertainment instead of a game thats over before the game even starts.

Would a neutral supporter rather watch a game like the 2007 GF when Geelongs gameplan dominated or would you rather watch a game like the 2008 GF?

Which players?

You must mean Paul Sal.... no.

Ah, yes that brownlow medallist Gavin Wangan... oh wait.

Oops. :thumbsu: :)

Ouch desperation....... Money wasn't the issue with Gavin, Wanganeen just wanted to go back home.

Salmon asked to be traded to gain more oppertunity, he was tired of being wasted in the forward line and besides he wanted to play for a morally strong football club that didn't need to cheat to win a premiership. The tag of the Ben Johnson premiership really did get under his skin, it was just eating him up inside.

Oops.... great examples. Reality is you paid your players extra cash to keep them at Essendon, and not go for extra coin at other clubs. The 2000 premiership is tarnished and will always be known to the world as the disgrace of all humanity. :) :thumbsu:

Ouch desperation....... Money wasn't the issue with Gavin, Wanganeen just wanted to go back home.

Salmon asked to be traded to gain more oppertunity, he was tired of being wasted in the forward line and besides he wanted to play for a morally strong football club that didn't need to cheat to win a premiership. The tag of the Ben Johnson premiership really did get under his skin, it was just eating him up inside.

Oops.... great examples. Reality is you paid your players extra cash to keep them at Essendon, and not go for extra coin at other clubs. The 2000 premiership is tarnished and will always be known to the world as the disgrace of all humanity. :) :thumbsu:
Speaking of desperation. In your attempt to somehow take away from the greatness of 2000 that far exceeds anything you insignificant football club has done you have made up lies about a great servant for both our clubs. Fact is Paul Salmon loved Essendon, which is why he came back there in 2002. He will always be a Bomber.

You fail to grasp simple concepts. Whatever reasons these guys chose to leave is irrelevant. Their departure in the mid 1990s along with highly paid veterans retiring such as Thompson, Harvey and O'Donnell freed up significant salary cap space and we have never been over since.

It is sad how your sheer frustration at following an inferior club has caused you to try and discredit the greatest unit ever seen in this sport. Your club's recent premiership would leave a completely empty feeling in comparison. Knowing that you had access to priority draft picks under an unfair system rewarding complete incompetence before the AFL changed it in disgust at your club's blatant abuse. Couple this with a Bradbury stroll into victory after the superior side tripped over themselves kicking for goal and we have a rival for Fitzroy's 1916 wooden spoon premiership as the most meaningless and worthless in history. :thumbsu: :)

Remove this Banner Ad

why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back