Why is Bob Murphy so loved and respected by all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifting an undeserved premiership cup? Please.

His teammates and Bev didnt help with their antics but he needs to be big enough to sit in the background.

Never loved him, never hated him. Seems like an awkward bloke. Face you want to punch. Meh.

Will go down in footy history as a mediocre player known more for his admirable loyalty and not much else

The worst AA captain of all time? :rolleyes:

You know it's an oxymoron...

Great player and seems to be an alright bloke. There's something about him though that I personally don't like and I wouldn't walk down the end of my driveway to have a beer with him. That's just me though.
The media love fest though, absolutely sickens me. Especially on 360. "Oh Bob..."
Oooh! Ooooh! Oh! Me! Me! Me!
:)
Is it cos your a righty and he's, well... you know......a bit of a lefty?

Days away from his first AFL game in almost a year, Bob Murphy has made his motivations clear, confirming there was "not a chance" he would have played on in 2017 had he played in the Western Bulldogs' drought-breaking grand final victory.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...he-played-in-grand-final-20170318-gv11gd.html

Oh yes, what a great "thinker".

No selfishness at all in that admission either.

Keeping a spot on the list and the captaincy in the hope his team-mates can carry him to a flag. What a noble bloke he is.

You do realise that the captaincy is voted for by the players, same as every other club (except Melbourne i.e Viney)
Umm, no I don't realise that at all.

Our captain relinquished the captaincy this year. He'd have been reappointed unanimously had he chosen to keep it.

Fortunately for us he had the self-awareness to realise it was time for another to be groomed for the role (like others have done too). Roo doesn't need to hold the title to be a leader.

Bob really is the epitome of a selfish "leader".

Amazing to see the negative trash posted by a few jealous supporters of other clubs.

At the Grand Final, Bob played the same role he had been performing over the latter part of the season and through all of the finals. As off-field Captain he was part of the coaching group and he DID NOT push himself into the limelight.

What occurred was not a selfish act by Murphy, but a selfless act by Beveridge.
Beveridge was simply using the esteem held by the entire club and giving the entire MCG crowd a memory to treasure.

Anyone who does not understand that are just looking for a reason to lead a miserable existence and blame others for it.

Celebrate the joy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, no I don't realise that at all.

Our captain relinquished the captaincy this year. He'd have been reappointed unanimously had he chosen to keep it.

Fortunately for us he had the self-awareness to realise it was time for another to be groomed for the role (like others have done too). Roo doesn't need to hold the title to be a leader.

Bob really is the epitome of a selfish "leader".

Maybe him having the title for 9 years and his failures to get it done on the big day was part of his decision. Only took him a decade to realise this though so Bob's got at least 8 more years as captain to keep up with St Selfish's legacy.

Amazing to see the negative trash posted by a few jealous supporters of other clubs.

At the Grand Final, Bob played the same role he had been performing over the latter part of the season and through all of the finals. As off-field Captain he was part of the coaching group and he DID NOT push himself into the limelight.

What occurred was not a selfish act by Murphy, but a selfless act by Beveridge.
Beveridge was simply using the esteem held by the entire club and giving the entire MCG crowd a memory to treasure.

Anyone who does not understand that are just looking for a reason to lead a miserable existence and blame others for it.

Celebrate the joy!!
People love the misery.

They absolutely love it.

When presented with the choice of being happy for a guy who's had to sit out, they prefer to construe it as some kind of self-serving disgraceful act.

Charged their fans a heap to get a photo with the premiership cup.
Only the next day to control the crowds when 25,000 people turned up to Whitten Oval, since then the cup has done heaps of appearances and they had it available everyday for a couple weeks at the ground so anyone could turn up to get a photo holding it for free.
Lines got pretty long, they gave people waiting free drinks on the hotter days

"Why do people like things that I don't like"

Don't overthink it - he's got a form of charisma that appeals to a lot of people. That's all.
Exactly. If you were offered the chance to have a beer with a few AFL footballers, some would pick Stevie J, Cam Mooney and Luke Hodge* and have a great time, others would prefer to sit down with Harry Taylor, Adam Goodes and Bob Murphy. You like people who you feel similar to, and that's fine.

*Get an Uber home.

Only the next day to control the crowds when 25,000 people turned up to Whitten Oval, since then the cup has done heaps of appearances and they had it available everyday for a couple weeks at the ground so anyone could turn up to get a photo holding it for free.
Lines got pretty long, they gave people waiting free drinks on the hotter days

Were they cold drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. If you were offered the chance to have a beer with a few AFL footballers, some would pick Stevie J, Cam Mooney and Luke Hodge* and have a great time, others would prefer to sit down with Harry Taylor, Adam Goodes and Bob Murphy. You like people who you feel similar to, and that's fine.

*Get an Uber home.

imagine choosing the second group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back